Change how "Disagree" works

Mystic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Mystic

Suggestion: Remove the rep reduction associated with the "Disagree" react. 

Why should we implement this? If confused doesn't take away rep i don't see why disagree should. Dumb is already used in place of it, Agree is generally a positive thing as well as "Friendly" and "Pay Respects" but with "Disagree" basically being the equivalent to "i disagree with your opinion or your statement" it seems dumb that it removes reputation. Since its essentially a nicer way of dumbing someone and most people just use the dumb react anyways.

Dumb should stay the only negative reaction as it is the only one directly associated with negativity.

To be completely honest, I'd rather see Agree/Disagree lose their +Rep and -Rep together than keep disagree as a -rep. Both should be used to show  you agree or disagree. Neither should particularly affect reputation since neither is postive/negative

How will this improve the Forums? It really wont change a whole lot, it's impact would likely be the same as when they changed "Pay Respects" to give positive reputation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Mystic
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Optimistic 1
  • Based 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1
I sort of have an internal debate, on one side if agree gives +rep, disagree should give -rep. To me it is obvious that agree should give +rep. On the other hand, you can disagree with someone without it being a bad thing. I disagree with plenty of people, but I don't mean it negatively.

Overall I think this is a good idea. People agreeing with you should give +rep, and disagreeing should not conversely give you -rep. I do believe, however, that dumb should not be the only reaction that gives -rep. It feels too limited. I believe that "Bruh" and maybe a new reaction such as like... A thumbs down emoji that just means "Bad post" should be added. Not every bad post is dumb, and not every dumb post is a bad post. Bruh is also represented by a skull, and is pretty much never used positively.

Edited by GregWasTaken
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Hey there! I'm Greg!

+1

I don't disagree with this.

• Agree 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

Forum Admin

As it stands, the reputation function is intended to be a physical representation of the communities perception of you. Because of this, if you are giving opinions that are generally disagreed with, that your reputation is impacted, and vice-versa. If you'd like to disagree with an opinion and not directly effect someones reputation, it makes sense that instead you use a reply or comment to voice that disagreement.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Winner 2

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin

Unfortunately this suggestion has been DENIED.

For more information on why this suggestion was denied, please contact a Forum Admin+

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO FORUM SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3