Irons Bacara BCMD Application

Steam Name: Mojavelicious

RP Name: Irons/Jet

RP Rank: MAJ

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24859553

Battalion you are applying for: 21st Galactic Marines

Experience:
I’ve been a Marine since the day I joined the server and proud of it. As an Enlisted, I focused heavily on roleplay aspects such as EOD, Engineering, and Tech. I wanted to take part in aspects that others may not want to in order to try and support the battalion since many players often focus more on combat than roleplay. I’ve made sure to keep this effort up when I’m not needed for direct leading as I want to encourage others to also take an active part in roleplay.

While I was an NCO, I achieved Trooper of the Week every week having had the highest amount of recruitments, trainings, and event leads of the battalion. I also achieved Trooper of the Month having had the most recruitments, trainings, and event leads throughout the entire month for the 21st. I moved rather quickly through the NCO corps as a result, however it taught me that even as someone who enjoyed these activities they do cause burnout eventually. Everyone has their limits, and I encourage those of the NCO and Officer corps to work within those limits while still contributing to the battalion.

As an Officer, I have remained as dedicated to the battalion, however I have done so by encouraging those of lower ranks to take a more active part. While I still lead by example often, I make sure to offer or order first pick of event leads and recruitments to our NCOs to ensure that they are learning how to properly upkeep the battalion and become more confident in doing so with experience. During my time as a lower ranking Officer, I became ARF Lead of the 21st. I created the current document we use for ARF tryouts within the battalion and more than doubled the amount of ARF troopers we had at the time. About a month after that, having already joined SO, I was given the position of Jet within Special Operations placing me as second in command of the subunit. My time as Jet has been extremely rewarding as I’ve had the opportunity to directly lead a dedicated squad of some of the best people I’ve worked with on this server. Special Operations remains one of the most active parts of the 21st and we work directly with the rest of the battalion instead of keeping to ourselves.  

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: I am fully dedicated to ensuring that the 21st survives and thrives, and I feel that I can best do that from the position of BCMD. With our recent gap in leadership, I have done all that I can to step up and ensure that the battalion continues running smoothly despite that gap. I am confident that I will not misplace the trust given to me by the members of the 21st to ensure that the battalion operates properly and efficiently. Though I may be newer to this server than many players, I have been playing military roleplay servers like this for half my life and most often end up in command positions. My schedule is open enough to be very active on the server, I feel that I have the skills and experience necessary for both administration and direct leadership needed to maintain the 21st, and I know that I can rely on my fellow officers of the 21st whenever I require assistance.

Availability: Any day(barring individual errands) usually after 3PM CST though often earlier. I am almost always available on discord, however. 

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: Four months(10/02/2023)

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?: 

Officer Corps:
One of the two main areas that require revamps in the 21st is the Officer Corps. Recent events left the battalion with no CMD or BCMD, and the other stations within the corps could use additional staffing. While the Officer team does currently need more members, the current members of it are performing more than adequately and their current duties do not require any changes. In that regard, focus will be placed on ensuring that the NCO Corps is active and well-staffed. This will ensure that the individuals who excel during their time as NCO can be moved up to the Officer Corps once they display the proper skills and experience to handle the job properly. We are also having weekly meetings to communicate effectively and discuss any necessary changes or concerns that any of us may have.

NCO Corps:
A great deal of care will be placed into fostering the NCO Corps in order to identify individuals with high potential for the Officer Corps and assisting them with gaining the necessary experience and confidence to be able to perform well once promoted. While it’s not part of the regular NCO quota, assigning event lead duty to lower ranking NCOs and giving them advice both during and after the events on how they performed and areas of improvement will help them prepare for when they become Senior NCOs as event leads are part of their quotas. Having this prior experience can help them become more assured and confident in their leadership skills for later. Currently NCO quotas require at least one training per week, however I plan to change this to be one vehicle training and one simulation/entertainment per week. Running a simulation for the battalion will help familiarize them with the other members of the 21st and also help with gaining leadership experience. These combined will be key in preparing them to eventually become Officers, and provide enough well trained staff to run the battalion properly. On top of this, we have bi-weekly meetings with the NCOs to touch base and field any concerns or suggestions they may have.

Keller’s Unit:

The other primary area that requires a revamp is Keller’s Unit. Currently, the subunit has no leader or second in command. While it does have leadership in the form of a Jedi lore character who is doing their best to continue operating the subunit with as few issues as possible, not having a trooper in charge of the unit will eventually have detrimental effects so this needs to be solved ASAP. I will be choosing the most well-equipped individuals and placing them in charge of the unit, and assisting them with creating the necessary documents and tryouts/trainings as many were lost recently. Keller’s Unit is an important part of the 21st and cannot be allowed to fall to the wayside. Once the subunit has been stabilized, I plan on implementing regular trainings to increase unit cohesion.

Special Operations:
As the current leadership for Special Operations, I can safely say that if I am given the opportunity to step u
p to the position of BCMD it will be left in good hands and will not experience any loss of efficiency. Its members are very active and respectful of the rules and responsibilities expected of them, and its current documentation and tryouts require little work. I do plan to also implement trainings for SO as I do with Keller’s Unit to ensure members of both subunits are working well with each other. 

Jedi:
Jedi in the 21st have had some difficulties for some time now, although having recently received new leadership it is making significant progress towards operating properly and actively. We have had an increase in Jedi activity and recruitment, and are working towards increasing it even more. 

Going Forward:
Once all of these areas of the 21st have been addressed, the primary goal will shift to ensuring the battalion maintains a good image and activity so as to see an increase in recruits. Recruiting will be important as while the battalion currently maintains a good level of activity I would like to see it grow even more. Additionally I would like to increase relations with other battalions, to that end I will be hosting more joint trainings and simulations.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes
spacer.png

• Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 1

FIRST OF ALL i would like to say that with this guys leadership with no commanders or BCMD we still thrive daily and actually reached insane monthly numbers in the previous month. this guy is goated. but past that i have loved working along side irons throughout my time in this battalion. he is so welcoming and his leadership is amazing always making sure that people are on top of their positions and making sure that new and upcoming members feel comfortable and useful in the battalion. i talk to irons daily and out discussions are always about the battalion and how it can improve and his idea's and overall dedication is something i admire about him very much.  

Irons you are great and im looking forward to seeing how this app goes so big +1 :)    (this responce may seem rushed but its because words cannot describe the amount of respect i have for this man)

Edited by ETsilvian
Little addon

Certified Femboy!!
Current Positions: Jedi KU Elder Master Simms| Former Friendly Neighborhood Yoda

Irons has done an amazing job running the battalion in place of a CMD or BCMD, and has already shown the 21st he is more than capable of being Bacara. Biggest +1 I can ever give a person. 

(Too bad you can't be hated by your troops like Bacara lol)

I was told to come check out this application from some guy named Edgelord, I was reluctant until I heard a story from him about how Irons"Jet" was able to fight and take on 10 commando droids by himself before defusing a drop pod in MHB. if your that badass +1 from me

I've seen alot of different 21sts. Alot of those people didn't deserve to lead those 3+ months.

Irons does. This will genuinely be an enormous loss for the battalion if you get denied for some reason. 
You're one of the sole reasons 21st has stayed as active as it has. That in itself is an accomplishment that even i failed at in the waning days of my time as Bacara.

If those people got a chance you definitely deserve one. 

+1.

From one Jet to another. From one BCMD to another.  The Marines from the past and the future look forward to your term. 

(I'm beyond glad you dont need to suffer with Devil Dogs)

Garrys_Mod_x64_1_7_2023_10_36_47_PM.png?

Edited by Mystic

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Veteran Admin

+1 erm yes get him as BCMD now

Irons, from day 1 of my return to the server and battalion, you scream Leadership to me. You have proven to, not just myself, but other former BCMD's of the SO and 21st, that you have the material to lead the GM. You understand that trust you put into your troops and they give it back to you. So for that you have my +1 vote for Bacara.

P.S Don't give Meach the Jagged eyes. k thx

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

Head Admin

Few questions;

It's officially been 3 weeks since Cucumber's resignation from the server, and essentially the massive dip in terms of leadership in KU. Why hasn't there been someone to step up and fill his shoes? Lack of interest, lack of people?

What makes KU unique vs other 21st members?

You say "recruiting will be important" but what ideas do you have to actually get new and active players within 21st? 

What are some things you've done in the past 3 weeks to ensure the battalion runs smoothly? 

What do you think about Devil Dogs?

A lot of what you've said in your app is stuff that you could've done already. 

7 hours ago, Mojavelicious said:

While it’s not part of the regular NCO quota, assigning event lead duty to lower ranking NCOs and giving them advice both during and after the events on how they performed and areas of improvement will help them prepare for when they become Senior NCOs as event leads are part of their quotas. Having this prior experience can help them become more assured and confident in their leadership skills for later.

This is one thing I'm talking about.

7 hours ago, Mojavelicious said:

Currently NCO quotas require at least one training per week, however I plan to change this to be one vehicle training and one simulation/entertainment per week.

This is another ^

I think you're probably the person for the job, but you haven't convinced me WHY. You're at the top of the food chain in your officer corp, but I think this app lacks any real meat and doesn't really talk about what new ideas you want to bring to 21st to make it better. It's also a little short. 

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

2 hours ago, KaiserNeiner said:

i hate you

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1 this guy was a huge piece of the 21st leadership even when they had a high command and he was the leader I saw doing the most for the battalion even then so I think he is a good choice for Bacara.

Current: Nothing

Formerly: 104th BCMD Wolffe, Wolfpack Warthog, WPXO, Dire Squad Tracer, 104th REGL, 104th CMD, 104th SUPL, 104th SUPO, Senior Admin

Ghost                    Elijah                 Hamm       

spacer.png   

GM Leadership

+1

I've had doubts about his capability to lead the battalion back from the spot it is currently in and had a couple of talks with Irons one on one about these issues. I gave him a list of things that, from my point of view, would prevent him from being as good of a BCMD as he could be. He looked at the problems and solved every one of them. I believe that the amount of growth he has shown alone is reason enough to give him a shot at the position

+1

Current: Poker

Prior: Poker

Honestly you might as well give it to him, hes chill and I don't want anyone else +1

spacer.png

Spoiler

Current: Jedi Militia Padawan  Pomni, 501st MED SGT Pomni,  Navy MED Crewman Pomni,  Senator Padme Amidala

Former: Jedi 212th Padawan Stella   CG MEDO SGT Pomni

+1
I came back to the server at the beginning of the month and Irons as a person is incredibly likeable and a genuinely swell guy. Being a good dude isn't enough to be a BCMD though and he isn't just a good guy. He's shown a lot of patience and leadership ability in the last few weeks since I've came back and he is able to work well with people and seriously helped me out in getting a shot at something despite my horrific schedule. He's shown a lot more and better traits for a BCMD than most that I've worked under in the last 5-6 years.

Head Admin

+1

Current: BCMD Cody (FIRST IRISH & WELSH CODY)
Former Waxer | Former Boil | Former Wyler

GM Leadership

+1 Guy will do great

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

Veteran Admin

+1 fuck it we ball

Head Admin

-1 I asked some questions that are pretty valid for a future BCMD and never heard back, think you needed to include some details in your app about what you were actually going to do. 

Having the backing of your battalion is super important though, so if you do get the position then best of luck. 

• Agree 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

During my time as your Commander in 21st I loved having you on the Officer Team and you did a very good job, however I do think you lack some experience. I felt during my time you needed guidance quite often on how to handle stuff on your own. I really do think you're an amazing Officer but from my experience I don't think you're ready to be a BCMD. 

Unfortunately it is going to be a -1 from me.

• Dumb 2

Former: Senior Admin | Dooms Unit SNCO | 187th NCO ST SNCO Senator Gume Saam | SO CPT JetRSB Supervisor LTJG Dodd Rancit | Commander Keller | RSB Supervisor LTJG Alexsandr Kallus |

4 hours ago, KaiserNeiner said:

-1 I asked some questions that are pretty valid for a future BCMD and never heard back, think you needed to include some details in your app about what you were actually going to do. 

Having the backing of your battalion is super important though, so if you do get the position then best of luck. 

I apologize for not being able to answer your questions in a timely manner, I had to take some personal time off from the server these last few days due to being the primary caretaker for my grandmother. I know that this will not change your vote and I understand why you voted as such, however I’m more than happy to answer these questions in case anyone else has them as well! 

“It's officially been 3 weeks since Cucumber's resignation from the server, and essentially the massive dip in terms of leadership in KU. Why hasn't there been someone to step up and fill his shoes? Lack of interest, lack of people?”

We had a Charger(KU XO) for quite some time who was helping to run things in the meantime, though he had to step down this last week sadly due to time constraints. As such, KU has only recently been left without much leadership at all. We have a few candidates interested in either position, however when I inquired if I have the permission to grant either position I was told to hold off until I applied for BCMD. In the meantime, I’ve been working with Silvian(Simms AKA the Jedi XO of KU) and one of the candidates to maintain the subunit while this process is worked on. 

“What makes KU unique vs other 21st members?”

Keller’s Unit comes with the Westar blaster in each regiment’s kit as well as requiring ARC training, as such the uniqueness of KU comes primarily from its “elite” status and provides a more advanced frontline experience compared to the basic trooper kit of the 21st or the more roleplay and recon heavy experience of Special Operations. It also offers a regiment that isn’t offered elsewhere in the battalion, the aerial job. I would like to work on ensuring KU gets a more prominent role in future activities, even if they’re just within the battalion, as some feel that the subunit could use some more attention.

“You say "recruiting will be important" but what ideas do you have to actually get new and active players within 21st?”

One of the methods I’d like to work on for the entire battalion is having all of us(myself included) be more vocal and social with the rest of the server. We can be a bit of a quiet bunch, often keeping mostly to our teamspeak channel. How are we supposed to inspire new recruits to want to join us if we don’t say much at all? I’ve already begun trying to improve myself in this aspect, using in-game comms to relay orders as well as in teamspeak and engaging more with the high command during operations. I’ve begun discussing this with a few of the officers as well and we plan on speaking about it to the NCOs during our upcoming meeting this week. Approaching CTs and inviting them on patrols or trainings with us or just socializing with them in general is another area to work on. Of course there would be no pressure, we have no intention of bullying people into joining us. Showing that we’re active and social, however, is accomplished partially through interacting with CTs more. Apart from that, showcasing our battalion’s strengths such as the tanks assigned to us as often as we can will hopefully inspire more to want to join the 21st.

“What are some things you've done in the past 3 weeks to ensure the battalion runs smoothly?”

I’ve been hosting weekly officer meetings and the Warrant Officers and I have been hosting bi-weekly NCO meetings in order to touch base with both groups and ensure any questions and concerns are fielded and addressed. I’ve also been hosting and encouraging others to host more activities during downtime to ensure that members stay engaged and enjoy their time on the server. Apart from the structural issues, our primary goal is ensuring that the members of the 21st are having fun and wanting to continue playing on the server and as such a lot of emphasis has been placed on making good use of any time not spent on events or other activities so as to try and keep people from getting bored. I make sure to let everyone know that I am always available for any questions or suggestions they may have as I do not wish for people to consider me unapproachable. Of course there’s also the usual things like event calls and encouraging others to get on the server during any trainings or patrols we have scheduled, however I feel that open communication has been something we’ve lacked in the past so that’s been a focus of mine ever since I’ve been placed in the position of ranking officer of the battalion. 

Sadly my knowledge of Devil Dogs comes solely from secondhand accounts, many of which are negative towards them. As such, I can’t say I have much of an opinion on them other than it seems to be a good thing that it is no longer part of the server.

“A lot of what you've said in your app is stuff that you could've done already.”

Much of it is stuff that is actively being worked on, of course. These aren’t just plans for the future but active goals that we’ve been progressing through already. Of course there are some things that I cannot do unless granted the position of BCMD such as fixing the KU hierarchy, but for the objectives that I can work on I have already begun to do so. Sadly I have not had as much time as some others that have applied to BCMD positions, weeks as compared to months in many cases, however the last thing I want is for things to stagnate so there is some haste in this scenario. That being said, even if I do not achieve BCMD this time around, I still plan on dedicating myself to the battalion and continuing its upkeep(and hopefully many of the changes I detailed in my application). My love for the 21st does not end with whether or not I get granted a certain rank, and I certainly won’t abandon it.

On 2/6/2024 at 11:59 AM, Cucumber said:

During my time as your Commander in 21st I loved having you on the Officer Team and you did a very good job, however I do think you lack some experience. I felt during my time you needed guidance quite often on how to handle stuff on your own. I really do think you're an amazing Officer but from my experience I don't think you're ready to be a BCMD. 

Unfortunately it is going to be a -1 from me.

After speaking with current & former officers and members of 21st, I was told that you have improved majorly on the exact things I said. With that I am going to be changing my vote to a +1. I gave my vote solely on what I seen in the past and it sounds like you have improved majorly and my vote was premature. Good luck!

Former: Senior Admin | Dooms Unit SNCO | 187th NCO ST SNCO Senator Gume Saam | SO CPT JetRSB Supervisor LTJG Dodd Rancit | Commander Keller | RSB Supervisor LTJG Alexsandr Kallus |

• Director
Director

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• 2 weeks later...
  • Director
Director

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED