ADJUST THE FOG?

Mystic

Name: Mystic

RP Rank: MAJ/Jedi Overseer

Suggestion: Adjust the fog so it doesn't look so blueeeee

Implementation: it kills the beauty of the map you guys had made for the server. 
(Probably requires devlopment)

Lore: Republic bases weren't always bright with a blue hue. adjusting  it also makes the map look much more high definition with shadows and shit.
With Fog
Garrys_Mod_x64_4_24_2023_3_45_45_PM.png
WIthout Fog

Garrys_Mod_x64_4_24_2023_3_45_40_PM.png
With Fog
Garrys_Mod_x64_4_24_2023_3_46_00_PM.png
Without Fog

Garrys_Mod_x64_4_24_2023_3_47_10_PM.png

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Mystic
adjusted the suggestion to be in line with Jayarr's feedback

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1 It just hurts to look at that fog.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Head Admin

+1 please I hate this fog so much

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

• Management
Management

@Jayarr Give me the technical analysis report, stat

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Banned

no, the fog is there to improve performance
i suppose i could reduce the range of it so its less noticeable, but its not getting removed by any means

:redsquint:

Edited by Jayarr
  • Informative 2
5 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

no, the fog is there to improve performance
i suppose i could reduce the range of it so its less noticeable, but its not getting removed by any means

:redsquint:

What does it do? I know what you can't see doesn't render as you can tell by flying around the map but as far as i can tell the fog doesn't decrease render distance. its just annoying. Using the fog editor to adjust it hasn't had a noticeable impact on the server even during high population events. Would using the fog editor be different than adjusting/removing it?

Just curious so that if (lets be honest, when) this suggestion is denied i can explain the reasoning

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

Banned

the fog editor in hammer is not the same as the one in game
if i remove the fog, that removes the farz plane, which would remove the render distance and kill fps

but like the fog editor in game, i can lower the range to a certain extent while attempting to keep things pretty

• Informative 1
Just now, Jayarr said:

the fog editor in hammer is not the same as the one in game
if i remove the fog, that removes the farz plane, which would remove the render distance and kill fps

but like the fog editor in game, i can lower the range to a certain extent while attempting to keep things pretty

i assumed the two were seperate. That just confirms it for me. Thank you. All i did in the screenshot was just using the fog editor to remove the blue hue. Truthfully that's what people complain about the most. It tends to become an eyesore and it feels like youre playing on max gamma/brightness which strains the eyes. 

I appreciate the quick response.

• Pay Respect 1

+1 Push the start of the fog back a bit closer to the far Z plane, which would make the edge of rendering seem a bit more sudden but would fix the coloring of a lot of things and make the map look a bit nicer.

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

• 2 months later...
Systems Dev

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife