Bitter

Steam Name: Bitter

RP Name: Bitter

RP Rank: LT

Steam ID: STEAM_ 0:0:43580258

Battalion you are applying for: Galactic Marines

Experience:

21st - PVT to MSG

I joined the server and fell in love with the marine style of RP.  At that time I was under Matra, Qal and Gene. They really showed me the value of hard work towards a battalion. They also started to teach me the basics of GMOD and leadership.

501st - SGM to Captain

After my stint in the 21st I felt like I wanted to go into a more "lore" intensive position and I went to the 501st as I loved all of the characters in the battalion. This was also the first time I had broken through to the officer ranks and got to watch over the regiments. At the time as I was helping the REGL with his things like, manage the individual branches, and revive ones that were starting to die. Going from CSM to 2ndLT was a big jump for me but I was excited for the challenge and wanted to prove my worth to the battalion by helping and advising in any way I could.

21st - PVT to WO and ARCL

I took a 2 year hiatus after 501st as my life had changed around that time and I wanted to focus more on myself and my own happiness at the time. However, after 2 years I had heard of all of the changes that had happened on Synergy and I wanted to come back to reconnect with some old friends. I got into the 21st battalion and started to work on whatever I could get my hands on. There were problems at the time with the ARC program in 21st and I wanted to improve it and make it more well rounded. 

Spec RCMD

I'll be frank here. Most of you will probably know me from my Spec RCMD term as I went from a rando 21st WO to the advisor of four battalions, which were 21st, CG, DU and SOBDE. I stepped into this position with what I thought was a good understanding of what I should do in High Command, but looking back I don't believe I understood what the position truly entailed. I wanted to help my home battalion of 21st and the rest of Spec in anyway I could. Unfortunately I found myself overstepping in areas that I shouldn't have along with making some bad decisions in my term. What this taught me a how to be a good advisor, when I should step in, and how I should go about it. Even though I did not exceed in this position, it showed me many things I needed to improve and how I could go about doing that. If I never had the shot as the Spec RCMD then I would not have improved on my leadership and management skills as much or thoroughly.

SOBDE - PVT to CSM

During my Spec RCMD term I really started to admire the comradery and teamwork that SOBDE all shared between themselves. After my RCMD I moved over to SOBDE and loved the way in which they operated; focusing more on the people and the RP in which they took part in. It took me a while and multiple tries at getting a lore character in SOBDE and I have made many friends inside of the battalion. 

Delta Squad Boss and XO

Getting the position of Boss and the rank of Commander gave me a unique overview into the day to day of the battalion. I started to get even more involved as I now had a group of people that I have had the privilege of learning from, teaching, working with, and seeing where they wanted to take their RP to get it to the next level. I have also helped SOBDE create a new style of tryout that helps pull more focus onto the roleplay aspect of the game.  This has helped to improve multiple different areas of the battalion along with the contributions of the officer core and all of the people in SOBDE.

Captain Gregor and BCMD

After Boss I stepped into the role of BCMD and Captain Gregor. In this position, I got to work on my primary goal of improving all of the recruits that went through the GreyRC program. I did this by making sure they were competent with a blaster, knew how to RP well, and ensured that they could take those skills to wherever they venture after SOBDE. It taught me a lot about creating working systems and how to implement them successfully.

GM - PVT to LT and HVYL

After a short hiatus from the server, I returned to help the battalion I had the fondest memories in. Started by joining a sub unit, and then became a regimental lead to further the battalion. GM still has a way to go to become as great as it once was. However, with my help I am helping to progress our success. 

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

Determination

GM is beginning to gather great presence again on the server as we are continuing to show face and interact with the community. I want to take what has been added to GM and improve on it to allow GM to really be recognized as a great battalion to be apart of again.

How I will do this is in three phases :

Phase 1 : Interest and Membership

One of the hardest things to attempt to fix is membership inside of a battalion as it is subject to forces out of my and the servers control.
In order to help increase the likely hood that someone would choose to be a part of this Battalion, I would ensure that we are creating one that is a great place where people want to connect and hang out.
In addition, I would like to create a weekly schedule of an episodic Patrol or SIM.
I will personally reach out to Game Masters outside of my Battalion to assist in creating more entertainment like this. By doing this it will create more retention in the server and more activities to take part in.

Phase 2 : Infrastructure and Systems

As membership increases I will setup proper systems for responsibilities of officers, regiments, and subunits.
I will assist in getting people into regiment positions and ensure that they are self-sustaining.
These will be self sustaining by equipping the leads and officers with the proper training to allow them to succeed.
With these Regiments I will start filling subunits with people who are going to continue to innovate on the specialty of their unit.
From there, I will help the Marines to develop their skills by putting them through unique situations in combat to allow them to have a diverse skill set in any warfare situation. 

Phase 3 : Experimental Phase

Finally we get to the experimental phase. At this point GM should be stable enough to allow for unique changes and tests to see if these changes would work permanently. Here is a example of one experiment.

Tactical Marine Conditioning : A GMACT Lite
GMACT was a very difficult training in the days of the old GM. I would like to take some pieces from it and consolidate it into a brand new version that teaches the same lessons in a fun and challenging way. I would like to rework it into TMC which would be a more modern version of GMACT. It would be inter battalion training however, if anyone outside of GM wanted to take part in it, they would be welcome.
Subject to change, but these are the pieces I would like to integrate and are not in any specific order :
Marksmanship
Ship Boarding
Assault Training
Defense Training
Breach and Corner Check Simulations

Do you understand the lore of your battalion?: Very well yes.

Availability:

My schedule is much more open to allow for increased time on the server. When I am not doing something IRL I will more than likely be in game and available.

If not I'm always near my phone, so feel free to DM me whenever. 

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: Somewhere in the ballpark of 2000 to 2500 

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?:

Stability

When my term has ended I will have the battalion be more active and engaging; I will have people in positions who are actively pushing the battalion forward; and the player count inside of GM be stable and continually growing.

Infrastructure

I will have created infrastructure that allows the battalion to have consistent training, entertainment, and socialization that will continue after my term has ended. I will also have people be excited to continue growing their own ideas on creating unique and engaging experiences. 

Experimentation

At the end I will hope that some of the ideas in which I experimented on have now become permanent changes to better the battalion as a whole. I will also have encouraged other members of the battalion to experiment on their own ideas and implement them.

spacer.png

I still think anything relating to GMACT is an awful idea. There is no reason for GMACTs anymore especially if you make these optional. 

I personally think you could use some more time in the battalion before you attempt to push your ideals on the battalion. GM in the last year has been insanely delicate and just needs time to soak before you try to push RP changes onto it. I personally think while some of your application could work, and ideally your plan works well its just too many ifs and alot of hoping with no show for a backup plan if it doesn't work this way. You also put down a lot of wants in Phase 2 but never really go in depth about how you plan to execute them. I feel your application has a way you want things to go, and experience with not much else in between. 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

GM Leadership

+1 Good app and interactions

• Friendly 1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

+1 I don't think the extra trainings are really going to do anything for you (we verse NPC's and they only go so far), so I wouldn't worry about "advanced" trainings as much. You're more than welcome to offer it as optional but don't make it a requirement for anything. That's just my opinion but you will make the ultimate choice if you're chosen.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

+1 god bless GMACT

• Friendly 1

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

• Management
Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management
Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

Reasons for Acceptance:

Very well thought out and consistent plans for the battalion
Strong plans for both sub-units of the battalion alongside the swap of DD to SO
Clear ideas on how to build up leadership in the battalion and push for activity
Overall was very well spoken during the interview

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk