Shippy Ship

Babatunde

Name: Babatunde|Oddball 

RP Rank: CFO LT | CMD

Suggestion: The BTL- B Y-Wing Starfighter/Bomber 

Implementation: After talking to SUP leadership and seeing what they wanted to add the bomber was one common thing I noticed. The addon has 2 variants of bombers. The first one fires rockets from the front, while the other fires rockets from the bottom allowing the use of carpet bombing. Both bombers have a 360 degree swivel secondary turrent. Now I understand the file is quite a chunky one so some of the things SUP leadership were willing to sacrifice. 

-The first one is the  Arquitens-Class Light Cruiser, not only do none of the pilots use it, it is also broken. (If need be we would also sacrifice the Consular Class Cruiser)

-Secondly being the HMP Droid Transport ship, i've never seen it used, nor think it’ll be used. It's basically the transport LAAT but as a HMP.   

-The third being the V-wing (Alpha-3 Nimbus-Class) and the last being the NU-Class because they are rarely used.  

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/BTL-B_Y-wing_starfighter/bomber 

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2494504459 

Here are all the skins they come with-
Q00q9RUham1GsctONkeYU3oBTkcSBKi_gJXscz1oc9AvfYOar_FgcLbbIf3zq2ztUgzj4RZxjKIrzBJafeZ-LrnAgMXgYyfwznY4-ccsvUpbEwrlSfTbXggTC-u99CrHX3XfVttd

https://gyazo.com/5e5e5dabbdb406d67f631a4d891ff81c 

m4ips8WTLxOXw8c7Co5_YcrpMNZqh0LPymuzo5muAZY5J3NltxUCzskR2kGFE2WHQy374HNjLZI_omvXC3R2K4yEhOoHz_lQH7MZKP_KKF0CsrZcEktncofvy0tIb1wLgRV1zlFy

https://gyazo.com/d174a72347c36d64f548819df88a0cc7

• Agree 1
Forum Admin

I would have to disagree with most of these statements on here. I see the V-Wing used countless times, the HMP is also an event based ship that for whatever reason is disabled right now, which saw many uses before it was. Additionally, most of these things you are suggesting come in packs, so I am not sure you can just "sacrifice" them.

This addon was suggested before, and for 2 ships it is massive in comparison to our other ships. For context, a pack that harbors a large majority of our current vehicles is only a tad bit larger than this.

I assume @Forseen can clarify further as he was the one who denied it the first time.

TL;DR - Not worth sacrificing anything for this pack imo

• Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Banned

Massive +1, love the bombers and would definitely be worth it for the things we are sacraficing. 

• Funny 1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

Forum Admin
10 hours ago, Forseen said:

Pretty sure last time this was denied was due to us doing an overhaul of the vehicles anyways and this was planned to be added.

May I ask then why it was denied and not just kept in prep phase, or something of the sort.

• Funny 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Retired Founder
27 minutes ago, Guac said:

May I ask then why it was denied and not just kept in prep phase, or something of the sort.

When doing the overhaul, it was easier to deny all vehicle related suggestions as to allow the overhaul to be done and then suggestions for changes can come through. We do this a fair bit...

2 hours ago, Forseen said:

When doing the overhaul, it was easier to deny all vehicle related suggestions as to allow the overhaul to be done and then suggestions for changes can come through. We do this a fair bit...

does this mean all vehicle related suggestions that were denied around the time  This  was posted are likely to be accepted if reposted?

• Agree 1

the Darman Keller guy

I'm neutral on this statement

I love the idea of more ships, but Guac has some good points. My only issue, with carpet bombers, is that people may be stupid and carpet bomb right in the middle of where clones, Jedi, or important characters may be. It's like HVOs with their rocket launchers. Some know how to effectively use it without being stupid, but others will shoot it right into a tight-spaced area and kill like 20 people and 3 droids.

I'm open to giving it a stronger +1 or -1 if I get the picture a bit more, but right now, I'm staying neutral.

Edited by MrNeptoon
  • Agree 1

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

32 minutes ago, MrNeptoon said:

I'm neutral on this statement

I love the idea of more ships, but Guac has some good points. My only issue, with carpet bombers, is that people may be stupid and carpet bomb right in the middle of where clones, Jedi, or important characters may be. It's like HVOs with their rocket launchers. Some know how to effectively use it without being stupid, but others will shoot it right into a tight-spaced area and kill like 20 people and 3 droids.

I'm open to giving it a stronger +1 or -1 if I get the picture a bit more, but right now, I'm staying neutral.

https://youtu.be/i14tG7wzsx4
https://youtu.be/Zsw7FETcB_0 
footage from yours truly 

Also i vote we make it like the current droid bomber is now, left click is the main cannons, right click is forward rockets, alt+left click (dont quote me i just figured out how to do this) is the carpet bombings. 

the Darman Keller guy

6 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Also i vote we make it like the current droid bomber is now, left click is the main cannons, right click is forward rockets, alt+left click (dont quote me i just figured out how to do this) is the carpet bombings. 

That could definitely work. Though I know for a fact with its speed and easy turning we're gonna see a lot more of those than V-19s and ARC-170s. If we use the droid bomber, I suggest we use it specifically for large structures/enemy vehicles. Obviously the CFO and other high-ranking officers are smart enough to make rules, but if we allow bombings on large areas of droids, I can see people dying from cross-explosion/dropping too early or late. I suggest that bombings are used for things such as buildings, turrets, enemy tanks/walkers/landcrafts, etc. Not on enemy aircraft unless they're huge ships like frigates.

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

2 hours ago, MrNeptoon said:

That could definitely work. Though I know for a fact with its speed and easy turning we're gonna see a lot more of those than V-19s and ARC-170s. If we use the droid bomber, I suggest we use it specifically for large structures/enemy vehicles. Obviously the CFO and other high-ranking officers are smart enough to make rules, but if we allow bombings on large areas of droids, I can see people dying from cross-explosion/dropping too early or late. I suggest that bombings are used for things such as buildings, turrets, enemy tanks/walkers/landcrafts, etc. Not on enemy aircraft unless they're huge ships like frigates.

I was planning on having restrictions on it just so it doesnt become one of those types of spacecrafts its a bomber and it will be used as a bomber. Just like the LAAT its used for transport and to only engage in fighting if its the only option. Also I did forget those where packs. But correct if im wrong the cruisers arent part of the pack correct??

• Retired Founder
9 hours ago, Misfit said:

does this mean all vehicle related suggestions that were denied around the time  This  was posted are likely to be accepted if reposted?

They can be revisited and reviewed, but not a guarantee that anything will ever be accepted.

• Informative 1

using these to recreate pivotal scenes from CW would be amazing. asking for air support and watching Y Wings carpet bombing battalions of droids would be so damn cool. Could do some Point Rain deployment too, Big +1 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• Management
Management

I'm willing to sacrifice both the Arquitens and the Consular class cruisers. They are much too large and difficult to utilize plus we have the prop versions of them. However the V-Wing is used quite a lot and shouldn't even be considered for removal. The HMP is blacklisted on Main Server due to it being able to crash the server very easily if it nose dives into the ground and the NU-Class Shuttle is under utilized and I could see it going too tbh.

Overall +1 Y-Wings are my favorite and I would love to see them agane

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

I'm willing to sacrifice both the Arquitens and the Consular class cruisers. They are much too large and difficult to utilize plus we have the prop versions of them. However the V-Wing is used quite a lot and shouldn't even be considered for removal. The HMP is blacklisted on Main Server due to it being able to crash the server very easily if it nose dives into the ground and the NU-Class Shuttle is under utilized and I could see it going too tbh.

Overall +1 Y-Wings are my favorite and I would love to see them agane

That was my fault I forgot the vwing was part of a pack so ignore that part <3

I put the Y-wings on however they wobbled and honestly at the time it was not in my interest to fix them because we had a lot on our plate development wise and still do. However it looks like this gained quite a lot of traction so if it is needed we will add them. 

:pepeSalute:

• Friendly 1

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this

• Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - ACCEPTED

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • 5 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Confused 2