Set Turbolaser in Position

Forum Admin

Name: Guac

RP Rank: Expert Nae Nae'er

Suggestion: Re-add the placeable turbolasers within the turbolaser tool we already have.

Implementation: Don't know if this is a bug report, I am kinda just assuming it was removed; However, the re-implementation of the "Placeable Turbolaser" tool would act as an incredibly powerful asset to the GM team. As of not, it is incredibly difficult to provide any immersion through space battle without having a designated GH be "Turbolaser man". This tool was baller asf and I do not know why it was removed.

I don't know what this feature was called by the way. I know if you pressed R with the tool gun out it would place and auto-firing, fully customizable
, turbo laser stream.

Lore: 
Kurluvion system | Wookieepedia | Fandom

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin
2 hours ago, Eagle said:

+1 if it was not removed because of lag

I think remember seeing it gone within the same waive the color too was as well. Doubt there was any lag issues as I had used it countless times previously with 0 issues.

• Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

it only caused lag if you were stupid and set the spawner to spam like 50 lasers in 0.1 seconds. +1
Another tool / function removed because "it can be abused". Literally everything that staff gets can be abused. I can think of 100 other ways to fuck shit up with what we already have, no point in restricting these things. Especially not on event server.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, Dono said:

it only caused lag if you were stupid and set the spawner to spam like 50 lasers in 0.1 seconds. +1
Another tool / function removed because "it can be abused". Literally everything that staff gets can be abused. I can think of 100 other ways to fuck shit up with what we already have, no point in restricting these things. Especially not on event server.

This ^^^, so many strange decisions made on features for this exact same reason, acting as if GMs have a collective 3 brain cells lmao. Next thing we'll be losing NPCs because "they cause lag" ???

• Dumb 3

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

• Management
Management

+1 Bring it back

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Founder
Founder

I actually went to use this tool the other day and noticed it was gone as well. It's very possible the void ate it during an update or infrastructure change. We try our best not to remove GM tools without first talking to the people who are in GM to make sure it wouldn't hamper them. I'll move this thread over to Bug Reports for the time being.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:31 AM, Brian-Limmon said:

This ^^^, so many strange decisions made on features for this exact same reason, acting as if GMs have a collective 3 brain cells lmao. Next thing we'll be losing NPCs because "they cause lag" ???

Only GM's in the team that have 3 brain cells are you and probably Bacta, but at least Bacta is funny.

Edit: I found some old info regarding the tool. The spawn function of the tool was pretty broken and was force crashing players who would directly look at it. If this was to come back or be fixed it may need to be rewritten in its entirety.

• Funny 3
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 1
Forum Admin
23 hours ago, Jad said:

I actually went to use this tool the other day and noticed it was gone as well. It's very possible the void ate it during an update or infrastructure change. We try our best not to remove GM tools without first talking to the people who are in GM to make sure it wouldn't hamper them. I'll move this thread over to Bug Reports for the time being.

Only GM's in the team that have 3 brain cells are you and probably Bacta, but at least Bacta is funny.

Edit: I found some old info regarding the tool. The spawn function of the tool was pretty broken and was force crashing players who would directly look at it. If this was to come back or be fixed it may need to be rewritten in its entirety.

10-4, I wasn't aware of any issues previously so that is interesting. Hopefully yall can get it fixed! Thanks

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

This has been marked as acknowledged and marked as a bug that is being looked into.
This will remain unlocked in the case that more information becomes present.

// MOVING TO ACKNOWLEDGED REPORTS

• 8 months later...
Forum Admin

This issue has been marked as resolved and therefore has been resolved on server or is unresolvable.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO RESOLVED REPORTS

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3