anaxesv3 planet poll

Dono

anaxes_v3 worst planet poll  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kinda curious since I already have my own opinion on this. Which map do you hate the most? Please base your vote off of the planets useage, performance and how good it looks.

Also comment what planet you like the most. I personally like Tython the most aesthetically but honestly anaxes is way more fun to run events on.

Edited by Dono

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Taz said:

Geonosis SOLELY because of performance from what I've experienced.

Umbara and Endor, for trainings and encounters, I was able to go fucking ballistic with stuff and never had a single problem.

Geonosis? It's Russian roulette to teleport there after a server restart to see if you'll crash or not.

This may just be me and my shitty pc but I've noticed Geo has a kink for crashing people so if anyone has differing experiences lmk

Tython I've never really been on because I don't play Jedi but from the few times I've been on it I've never had any problems and it does look nice.

Trust me, you are not the only person who crashes on Geo. I have completely stopped using the planet myself as a GM because of how unreliable it is. It really sucks too because the planet offers so much opportunity but its either the gm that crashes and the event eats shit.. or half of your players dissapear.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Tython is 100% the worst.

The design is bad, it's never used because "it's the Jedi planet", and there's not any fun way to have encounters/events there (plus anytime someone tries to do anything there you get 15 padawans telling you to "fuck off this is a jedi matter now"

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

Geo for sure. I feel like if the performance wasn't so terrible It would be the best but I can't really experience the map if I am moving at 2 fps. We tried to have the Order 66 precursor on Geonosis with 100+ players. They made it playable by not prespawning but It was still horrible.

• Agree 1

🌓🌙

Geonosis is good for Trainings thats about it.

• Winner 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

unpopular opinion but despite its horrible performance geo is still one of the best maps from a gm perspective. it has so many different routes, paths, and ways to shape it into what you want. it also has the caves & a rayshield system. For lower pop stuff it works a dream, though I really do understand why so many people hate it. 

To me umbara is incredibly stale. You can use it once or twice but otherwise it's the same thing every time. "Hey guys, assault the citadel." You can heavily dupe it to make it a really cool experience, but that kind of takes away the performance boost it'd give you over geo. There are so many different things to do with geo, a dozen different things to do with endor, and you can even do a lot of stuff with tython if you manage the playerbase well. But with umbara, by itself, it's just a straight forward walk to the citadel with no reason to pay attention to 80% of the map. 

• Agree 3

Goodbye, everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Jovanovic said:

unpopular opinion but despite its horrible performance geo is still one of the best maps from a gm perspective. it has so many different routes, paths, and ways to shape it into what you want. it also has the caves & a rayshield system. For lower pop stuff it works a dream, though I really do understand why so many people hate it. 

To me umbara is incredibly stale. You can use it once or twice but otherwise it's the same thing every time. "Hey guys, assault the citadel." You can heavily dupe it to make it a really cool experience, but that kind of takes away the performance boost it'd give you over geo. There are so many different things to do with geo, a dozen different things to do with endor, and you can even do a lot of stuff with tython if you manage the playerbase well. But with umbara, by itself, it's just a straight forward walk to the citadel with no reason to pay attention to 80% of the map. 

i definitely agree umbara is stale and that Geo has definitely the most diverse terrain BUT the performance on the planet is honestly just too awful to have it. With umbara you can still create a dupe to change up the direction the players move and achieve a decent framerate, i have done so multiple times in the past with the entire server (around 60 players). Now with geo, In almost every experience that I have used it, as soon as you spawn droids, everything goes to shit. FPS drops from a steady 30-50 frames, to a dead 15-5 frames. God forbid you spawn a vehicle on geo while droids and players are running around. In almost every case where I have personally crashed on main server, it was 90% of the time on Geo, which says a lot. I cannot express my hate enough for that planet because if it was removed and the skyboxes for umbara and endor were made taller, planets would be a million times better. Geo is a waste of resources on the map because if it was removed, the other planets could be improved from what they lack.

I do main server events like crazy, where i build dupes and attempt to create diverse scenarios with the resources provided from the map. Geo does not allow the gm to fully use its potential while the other planets do. 

Edited by Dono

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Dono said:

i have done so multiple times in the past with the entire server (around 60 players). Now with geo, In almost every experience that I have used it, as soon as you spawn droids, everything goes to shit. FPS drops from a steady 30-50 frames, to a dead 15-5 frames. God forbid you spawn a vehicle on geo while droids and players are running around. In almost every case where I have personally crashed on main server, it was 90% of the time on Geo, which says a lot. I cannot express my hate enough for that planet because if it was removed and 

I think our disconnect is playercount. Tbh I greatly prefer running events during downtime with a couple dozen people on, because nobody else is running stuff. If it gets to 60 active players, we usually have enough people running events that you're literally sitting around waiting to run yours, which i straight up do not have the time to do, so I'll just do a deployment instead. 

Either way, I think if we're taking larger playercounts into effect then yes, geo is just shy of completely unplayable. But if you give room for some lower playercounts/pop numbers, I think umbara is dogwater compared to anything else we have.

Goodbye, everyone. 

Just now, Jovanovic said:

I think our disconnect is playercount. Tbh I greatly prefer running events during downtime with a couple dozen people on, because nobody else is running stuff. If it gets to 60 active players, we usually have enough people running events that you're literally sitting around waiting to run yours, which i straight up do not have the time to do, so I'll just do a deployment instead. 

Either way, I think if we're taking larger playercounts into effect then yes, geo is just shy of completely unplayable. But if you give room for some lower playercounts/pop numbers, I think umbara is dogwater compared to anything else we have.

For the most part umbara just boils down to how creative the GM can be. I have over a dozen or two different umbara dupes that alter the terrain or change the layout. 

Geo is very large and fun to build on but ultimately every time I use any dupe I make for it, it results in disaster (low fps, I crash, the players crash). The only time I have enjoyed using Geo was when I only threw delta squad onto it as a send off event for someone in the squad. It only worked well because there were 7 people total on the planet. 

Especially since the server is looking to higher pop counts now I cant wait for the new map so I never have to look at geo again. 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, Brian-Limmon said:

I've never had any problems with lag on a specific planet, so just based off of how they're build, how they look, etc.:

Geo>Tython>Endor>Umbara

But the ambience on Geo is fucking deafening and doesn't go away until I DC

go use geo with 70 players pop count and throw everyone on it. I dare you:EZ:

Edited by Dono
  • Agree 1

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Taz said:

does "creative" include that time i spent 2 hours building and got carried away and didnt realize i almost started an event with like 400 props down on umbara

:pepe1IQ:

building before the prop limit was actually introduced >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Probably tython. No one ever does anything with that map and half of it is taken up by the temple anyway so it's not really a planet it's more like a way of not having a giant floating temple

I see no reason for this planet to exist except to house and temple so I just honestly think we should make it just a temple like old anaxes

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~