DC-15x Charge Discussion

Not bad. Bought it to support the server, prob won't use it though just cause I have the NT. It IS worth it though because it's a 2 shot charged and 3 shot with 1 charge. Also reload time is the same as the firepuncher, it's the only other gun with a fast reload. Definitely one of the better guns. Not for close-mid range PVP

This is a novelty gun

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

EDIT: This info is now out of date, look down for more current info

Played around for a couple minutes, did some math, used the gun.

So the animations and shit are cool as fuck, fun gun to shoot, however

Timing it its 3 seconds for first charge, 9 seconds for second charge. Thats 20 RPM and 6.66 RPM respectivly.

Full charge does 174 damage. Thats 19.3 DPS.

3 second charge does 96 damage. Thats 32 DPS.

Damage wise for the charge time very lacking, Get that its a unique gimmick but would like to feel this level of damage at a lot smaller charge time, or more damage.

I don't see how this is usable in any events be it PvP or PvE. Its so punishing to use if you miss your shot, without a ton of reward if you do as its damage is so subpar.

Edited by Conrad
  • Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

I'm getting 3 seconds for full charge, a bit less then 1 feeling for first charge.

385 damage at full charge, 212~ damage at first charge. Damage increases for each bit as first charge so its hard to get an exact for first charge given that i think its not a full second and human reflex aren't fast enough.

385 at 3 seconds is a lot more satisfying to shoot. DPS wise this is 128.33 which is more understanding sine the gimmick is you charge and shoot, not as punishing as before which is nice. Will have to use it a bit more before I give a final call on if it needs more adjusting in my opinion, but its at least feeling usable.

This DPS is also going to be a bit less then its on paper one compare to the other guns, as TFS guns damage isn't 1 for 1 what it says in game vs what it does when shooting someone, so the on paper DPS will be a bit higher, probably around 180~. However DPS isn't everything for this gun considering its gimmick, just something to consider.

Edited by Conrad

spacer.pngspacer.png

Those new numbers seem a bit more in line with the Mando rifle (which is the only thing I have to compare it). Hopefully the charge times don't end up being too restrictive, but I'm a fan of the look/sound so far!

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mater said:

So with the new stats do you think its worth it?

I need to use it a bit more practically before I make the call. Given its gimmick its a bit harder to test out in a sim/looking at stats. I'll give a bit more with the new stats after the next event.

• Winner 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

3 hours ago, Conrad said:

Played around for a couple minutes, did some math, used the gun.

So the animations and shit are cool as fuck, fun gun to shoot, however

Timing it its 3 seconds for first charge, 9 seconds for second charge. Thats 20 RPM and 6.66 RPM respectivly.

Full charge does 174 damage. Thats 19.3 DPS.

3 second charge does 96 damage. Thats 32 DPS.

Damage wise for the charge time very lacking, Get that its a unique gimmick but would like to feel this level of damage at a lot smaller charge time, or more damage.

I don't see how this is usable in any events be it PvP or PvE. Its so punishing to use if you miss your shot, without a ton of reward if you do as its damage is so subpar.

See the source image

Thanks for the information. But is it better than the Mando Rifle in your opinion?

Edited by Slak

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

I swear you guys break down fucking everything, can you just make synergy news at this point?

I'm a fucking nerd what do you expect.

4 minutes ago, Slak said:

See the source image

Thanks for the information. But is it better than the Mando Rifle in your opinion?

I unfortunately didn't play when mando dropped so don't own it, you'd have to ask someone else. However despite both being snipers they both server different purposes, the charge is one big shot every couple of seconds, while mando is more consistent DPS with more rounds, but less damage.

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

The gun is actually pretty solid, after a bit of playing around I've found you can rapid fast fire the gun by fast left clicking (intentional, not a bug confirmed by jad). So do a big large shot, then follow it up with a rapid fire left click and you can kill a ton of people, even higher health jedi. I think this gun is a lot more towards a buy in its current state.

@Mater

Edited by Conrad

spacer.pngspacer.png

43 minutes ago, Slak said:

But is it better than the Mando Rifle in your opinion?

Assuming Conrad's stats are accurate, it's roughly the same as the Mando rifle. The high power shots are a little worse, but every shot can be a high damage shot, while only the 5th can on Mando. The time between shots is more than the mando as well, the consistent damage balances it out.

j5VeS9D.jpg

So after using this thing in pvp would highly not recommend in close range fights unless you are good at gmod quick scoping. The hipfire is really bad and if the target it moving you might as well not be shooting because you aren't going to hit a thing. Overall I think for the price it is and the fact that it is limited it should do more damage or at least have a bigger hit range or do more damage.

• Disagree 1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

17 hours ago, Clutch said:

So after using this thing in pvp would highly not recommend in close range fights unless you are good at gmod quick scoping. The hipfire is really bad and if the target it moving you might as well not be shooting because you aren't going to hit a thing. Overall I think for the price it is and the fact that it is limited it should do more damage or at least have a bigger hit range or do more damage.

Why are you using a sniper in close range and expecting to do well?

• Agree 1

j5VeS9D.jpg

3 minutes ago, Finn said:

Why are you using a sniper in close range and expecting to do well?

He’s got the 2018 LD-1 Mindset

• Funny 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Retired Founder
On 12/26/2021 at 1:00 PM, Clutch said:

Hi there, resident founder here to give you a small piece of info without giving away too much as we enjoy when the community gets involved and has feedback in this setting, great job @Conrad!

The problem with this being if we were to give it more damage on a fully charged shot it would begin to one-hit players on clone jobs, which we really don’t want to have as it throws the server’s weapon balance out completely!

Hope you enjoy playing with the weapon and providing feedback and having meaningful discussion!

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1
3 hours ago, Forseen said:

Hi there, resident founder here to give you a small piece of info without giving away too much as we enjoy when the community gets involved and has feedback in this setting, great job @Conrad!

The problem with this being if we were to give it more damage on a fully charged shot it would begin to one-hit players on clone jobs, which we really don’t want to have as it throws the server’s weapon balance out completely!

Hope you enjoy playing with the weapon and providing feedback and having meaningful discussion!

But it's so FUN to 1 shot clone jobs!

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

j5VeS9D.jpg

Forum Admin
4 hours ago, Forseen said:

Forseen, I know you mean the best but this reads so passive aggressive lmfaooo

• Funny 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Got the gun, can say its super fun to use for me, I love the animation for reloading and its something very different to other snipers cuz of the charge. If you time it right, you can get great DPS out with it at long range. I think its fun, different and overall I rate it. :pepeSalute:

• Friendly 1

Discord: Mason#2710