Medal System

Aeon

Name:Aeon

RP Rank: PVT

Suggestion: Implement a Medal System to give something other than ranks to work for also could create Award Ceremonies instead of just constant promotions 

Implementation: Create the same concept as the SeriousRP System like in 1942rp Where Only High Command and BCMD's can award certain medals 

Lore:https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Galactic_Republic_awards

Require Development

Other:Im just spit balling this i dont know if this would work well or not or how the community would take it but i just thought of it 

:pepeL:

Forum Admin

ehhhhhh, I see a system in this manner to be used and abused. Not to mention the inflation of permanent medals to inflate ego? LIke we need more of that on this server lmao.

MoH is enough, -1. 

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Id have to agree with Guac wholeheartedly. Also you referenced 1942rp, they go above and beyond what guac said and it created a gigantic toxic waste pit that basically made the players mad and they quit because they didnt feel special anymore. 

it would cause too many problems. 

spacer.png

If your battalion wants to do medals inside them thats more then up to the BCMD's to implement and maintain. However these medals would have no impact on anything else in the rest of the server.

If we where to have something like a medal database where everyone on the server's medals where, we'd have to create reasons for people to get these medals, and to keep it consistent throughout the whole server would just be very very hard. Each battalion is different and has its own unique things, and views different things as important then others, so the only way we could have them handed out in fairness is if HC where to do it, or else we'll have a lot of people complaining about "how did x get y medal in his batt, i've done z in my bat and thats way more, that battalion is just easy mode i guess"  and I don't want HC to be the medal hand out squad lol.

Big old -1,

Edited by Conrad
  • Agree 1
  • Dumb 3

spacer.pngspacer.png

Since the server isn't centralised it seems like it would fall solely upon High Command to organise this sort of thing. Battalions are usually against High Command doing these sorts of voer arching programmes as it feels as if it's weakening a Commander's authority as the singular and only leader of a battalion. 
The system would probably play out in a very intrusive and clunky manor, as High Command rarely have the same ideas as the commanders, as both serve different roles. This would quickly become a pretty bureaucratic project that most BCMDs would rather without as it would definitely serve no in-house purpose except being a massive fucking ego boost.

This all disregards the often pretty exceptional favourtism these sorts of things can go through, additionally these medals would demand a central and uniform awarding system which would never work for such a diverse array of battalions. This would probably just lead to larger battalions like 212th & 501st or more "elite" battalions like rancor (LMAO) or SOBDE hogging a vast majority of medals as they're just always more likely to win these awards. This would create a even stronger divide in the server making some battalions feel abandoned and discriminated by High Command.

A system like this will become a google forms monster and will become an ever increasing issue with all BCMDs as they fight to keep High Command influence in their ranks to a minimum. High Command's job is to oversee, advise, & only intervene as a nuclear option. This circumvents this whole system of trust in order to award players on a system which BCMDs would never agree on & would very easily fall into an award for friendship kinda deal.

-1, this system will just never work, we should keep it to MoH cause at least we can keep that in relative check

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

2 hours ago, Whataburger said:

maybe next time when suggesting something, dont compare it's system to 1942 RP lmfao

Other than a Couple of Military RP Servers That Gamemode is what that plugin came from thats why i mentioned it

:pepeL:

while this suggestion is uh... 

less than fleshed out. 

I do wanna say a medal system could work if implemented properly. This is a separate discussion altogether just because of the nature of this suggestion, but having a mixed battalion/server medal system would not be a bad idea. We played with the idea for 212th, and my proposal was to have a lot of different medals, but only a couple of which had to be given by anyone above BCMD. And most of those were unit citations, basically meaning everyone in the battalion/regiment/faction/whatever gets one, as the group as a whole is doing really well. 

I think it's unfortunate that when this suggestion came up it was worded so poorly. I don't think that medals wouldve been added anyway, but it'd have created some interesting discussion.

• Informative 1

Goodbye, everyone. 

• 3 weeks later...
Forum Admin

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums