These staff icons kinda suck...

Stroodle

Name: Stroodle

Suggestion: Use the previous staff tags (The wide hexagon ones)

Where would this be implemented?: Teamspeak

How would this benefit the TeamSpeak/Community?: There was nothing wrong with the previous tags and they look alot better then these do

Have you asked for Feedback from others about this suggestion?: Yes, everyone who I have talked to about this has found them ugly

Briefly explain why this should be implemented?: This change was unnecessary and really random. It would make everyone a lot happier if we just switched back to the old icons. Also, this, spacer.png Is ugly as fuck.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Retired Founder
5 minutes ago, Stroodle said:

There was nothing wrong with the previous tags

That's such a dumb reason as that doesn't allow for innovation. We've had these tags for like 2 years now, they're old and should be redone. However I agree that these new ones are not really that great once they were downsized by Teamspeak because their sizing has to be 16x16 which is dumb. @Jayarr, @Maverick & @Bananaberry tried doing something different with a bit of direction from @Square.

I'm happy to change them back to the old ones but would appreciate new ones being made sometime soon that still look good.

NGL - This probably should have been posted as a poll though.

• Friendly 1
Banned

This whole post doesn't really accomplish anything constructive for the people involved in the creations of the tags
Instead of simply calling them ugly and walking away, what if you actually described what you found lackluster in them? Even if the change is "unnecessary" to you, that doesn't change the fact that it happened in the first place. Provide constructive criticism, not useless feedback.

Yes, I made the tags alongside every person Forseen mentioned. The goal was to introduce uniformity to the tags to a certain extent.
If you think something looks bad in any one of them, feel free to DM me and I'll run it through them again.

:FeelsWowMan:

Edited by Jayarr
  • Winner 2
  • Friendly 1
Forum Admin

This community be like:

"Yes I have an issue with the way you did this thing, however I will offer no valuable insight or criticism on how you may be able to change it."

:DERPPERS:

• Agree 6
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

8 hours ago, Forseen said:

That's such a dumb reason as that doesn't allow for innovation. We've had these tags for like 2 years now, they're old and should be redone. However I agree that these new ones are not really that great once they were downsized by Teamspeak because their sizing has to be 16x16 which is dumb. @Jayarr, @Maverick & @Bananaberry tried doing something different with a bit of direction from @Square.

I'm happy to change them back to the old ones but would appreciate new ones being made sometime soon that still look good.

NGL - This probably should have been posted as a poll though.

1 hour ago, Jayarr said:

This whole post doesn't really accomplish anything constructive for the people involved in the creations of the tags
Instead of simply calling them ugly and walking away, what if you actually described what you found lackluster in them? Even if the change is "unnecessary" to you, that doesn't change the fact that it happened in the first place. Provide constructive criticism, not useless feedback.

Yes, I made the tags alongside every person Forseen mentioned. The goal was to introduce uniformity to the tags to a certain extent.
If you think something looks bad in any one of them, feel free to DM me and I'll run it through them again.

:FeelsWowMan:

Yes, my thinking was something fresh and new and jayarr was kind enough to help me. Gears thought we needed uniformity and i agreed with that too.

9 hours ago, Stroodle said:

Have you asked for Feedback from others about this suggestion?: Yes, everyone who I have talked to about this has found them ugly

411vpxBwJeL._AC_SX355_.jpg

I apologize to everyone for not considering making a poll. Ill do better in the future.

The icons in question have already been restored. Moving to accepted.

spacer.png