Torrent Company Jetpacks

Marvel

• Management

Name: Marvel

RP Rank: Commander

Suggestion: Give members of Torrent Company the jetpack entity.

Implementation: This would require 2 things. First it would require putting the jetpack into their job kits. Second would be a more minute edit to their models to give them jetpack bodygrouprs so they’re not flying with pure mind power. Shouldn’t be a hard fix.

Lore: Torrent Company | Wookieepedia | Fandom | Skywalker's squad | Wookieepedia | Fandom
*Note* The current characters in TC for the most part have not been seen with jetpacks nor are any of them confirmed to be considered ‘Skywalker’s Squad’ Both Rex and Skywalker have been seen with several different jetpack units for missions requirements

Workshop content if applicable: N/A | However current models would require jetpack bodygrouprs

(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change | Added the models just in case

(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: Torrent Company Appo

Model: models/synergy_roleplay/501/appo/appo.mdl

Weapons: sent_boosterpack

Job: Torrent Company Fives

Model: models/synergy_roleplay/501/fives/fives.mdl

Job: Torrent Company Kix

Model: models/synergy_roleplay/501/kix/kix.mdl

Job: Torrent Company Hardcase

Model: models/synergy_roleplay/501/hardcase/hardcase.mdl

Job: Torrent Company Boomer

Model: models/synergy_roleplay/501/boomer/boomer.mdl

Job: Torrent Company Dogma

Model: models/synergy_roleplay/501/dogma/dogma.mdl

Job: Torrent Company Tup

Model: models/synergy_roleplay/501/tup/tup.mdl

Other: So I have a few reasons as to why I am suggesting this. I understand we are getting rid of the JT regiment from all battalions because of the performance issues they cause and doing the math we currently have 91 job slots with jetpacks on the server. Subtracting the JT regiments we would have 41 total job slots with jetpacks. If this suggestion passed it would be 48. Could go one step further and make it 49 and ask for Rex to get it as well but my primary focus is for TC to get them.

The primary reason for this suggestion is to give TC a subunit buff similar to multiple subunits already out there ie. 2ndAC, Wolfpack, and Alpha. TC for the majority of their time on the server has been considered Anakin Skywalker’s personal squad and that would normally call for extreme mobility. Jetpacks would allow them to keep up with him alongside giving them something to differentiate themselves from normal 501st and 332nd besides jobs/models.

Another reason is comparing 501st to the other Attack battalions. Both 212th and 104th have their mobile jetpack squads and this would just even that out battalion wise but that isn’t that good of a reason tbf.

An issue inside of TC currently is what to do with Dogma and Tup. As it stands currently they are quite literally just trooper jobs. They have nothing special besides extra pay and cool designs. This would finally be the solution I have been looking for to make these two characters somewhat more desirable. (Dogma is difficult to fill as is because of his character)

To reiterate as much as I would love for Rex to get one as well, that isn’t the purpose of this suggestion. This is for TC minus Hawk. (Wolfpack pilots don’t get jetpacks so I’d assume the same would be for Hawk) If this turns into a give and take scenario then if need be taking away Vaughn’s jetpack is plausible considering the rest of his subunit doesn’t have them.

Only tiny problem is none of them have jetpack bodygrouprs and would require them to be added at some point. I’m not a modeler myself but I feel like copying and pasting the already made 501st jetpack design onto their models shouldn’t be too difficult.

At the end of the day I’m just shooting my shot. I understand why this could potentially be mass -1’d or denied. If you have any questions or concerns I’ll be sure to answer them below.

spacer.png

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

What about 332nd? they're just trooper jobs. How are you going to keep them filled when TC becomes the useful jobs?

this seems like a more lazy solution to what could be an actual serious issue you're trying to resolve. Keeping subunits alive is pretty hard and I can especially see the trouble with something as mundane as Torrent Company but that did used to be one of the biggest subunits in the server so It's for sure not impossible to keep alive and brewing. 

I'm on the fence cause I want to -1 because I feel you lack some decent reasoning that isn't "other people have it so why shouldn't we".

This honestly would make more sense for 332nd since their CMD used a jetpack, it would make sense his squad might inherit that

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• Management
1 hour ago, Comics said:

What about 332nd? they're just trooper jobs. How are you going to keep them filled when TC becomes the useful jobs?

332nd aren't just trooper jobs. They can come from any regiment within the 501st and theoretically have no limit numbers wise. TC is a 9 man subunit and is limited to that. No "unnamed TC" or TC trooper to worry about. With how our subunits are setup neither of them are harmful to each other in any way and this addition would not affect our ability to keep 332nd active. I'm not sure if you are entirely aware of how 332nd and TC are setup currently but in the past their structures were nothing but harmful to each other. This is no longer the case.

1 hour ago, Comics said:

this seems like a more lazy solution to what could be an actual serious issue you're trying to resolve. Keeping subunits alive is pretty hard and I can especially see the trouble with something as mundane as Torrent Company but that did used to be one of the biggest subunits in the server so It's for sure not impossible to keep alive and brewing. 

I'm on the fence cause I want to -1 because I feel you lack some decent reasoning that isn't "other people have it so why shouldn't we".

I don't necessarily see this as a lazy solution nor do I see it as a serious issue. Both subunits in their current condition are thriving. That was my main focus way before I even thought about going for Rex. Again I feel like you are unaware of how TC is setup compared to back then. We don't have a TC trooper or Commander job anymore to worry about filling. It's just 9 lore characters and only 8 of them would be getting this buff. Since the changes I suggested for TC have went through TC has been filled with some of our most active players consistently.

As for the reasoning I provided multiple different reasons besides that other people have this specific buff and even stated that that reason alone isn't' reason enough. As for different ideas for buffs most of the things that could be thought of have been denied in the past for subunits. Hp/armor boosts, special weapons, etc have been tried in the past by others and denied. It's just not something the Founders want and they might not even want this but it's worth a try.

1 hour ago, Comics said:

This honestly would make more sense for 332nd since their CMD used a jetpack, it would make sense his squad might inherit that

As much sense as this would make it just isn't possible. 332nd don't have jobs they're just bodygrouprs so they cannot physically receive jetpacks. Vaughn has a jetpack because he was seen using one for the most part and that's it but if it comes down to it we are willing to trade his out in place of TC getting them. 501st is already at their 20 job limit and even if we could add 332nd jobs it would just be a huge mess with how our bodygrouprs are already made.

1 hour ago, Hanz said:

-1 There is literally no reason to give them jetpacks other than that they need a buff. If something else could be given given out instead I might +1 that but it just doesn’t make sense for TC to get a jetpack.

I mean that is the point of buffs and the #1 reason people make suggestions for them. For the most part when we see 501st in the show it was mostly comprised of Torrent Company. Not the specific characters we have in the server but the actual physical Company. The 501st was seen using jetpacks extremely often due to their Jedi General being all over the place. 501st wise we view TC as Skywalker's personal squad and keeping up with him would be vital for their primary function.

1 hour ago, Hanz said:

Rex kinda deserves one tho. 

This has been tried multiple times in the past and isn't the purpose of the suggestion. This is all about giving TC something special besides just being cool lore characters and it's primary goal would be to find more ways to differentiate them from the rest of the battalion besides jobs/models. Tho it would actually make no sense for Rex to have one if he didn't have any troopers with jetpacks. 

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

Banned

+1

Forum Admin

I'd +1 this but I really doubt that you'd get your models updated seeming you just got yours and they're finishing off the commission list.
Other than the model change I would +1 this

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Banned

Big moves +1

r4ymo.gif

• Founder
Founder
16 hours ago, Marvel said:

Implementation: This would require 2 things. First it would require putting the jetpack into their job kits. Second would be a more minute edit to their models to give them jetpack bodygrouprs so they’re not flying with pure mind power. Shouldn’t be a hard fix.

I wouldn't count on getting a jetpack Bodygroupr for quite a while. We're heavily focusing on pushing forward with the rest of the battalions models and I'd rather not make a double back to get something done on one battalion that's already had their new models implemented. I'd also prefer not to add any jetpacks(entity) to jobs at the moment as we've yet to test performance with the JT Regiment removed. Adding more seems to be counterproductive at least for now.

• Informative 1
  • Management
58 minutes ago, Taz said:

but things like this could easily be done with a GM spawning in jetpacks for a TC JT rp. 

This is by far the worst reason to -1 something I have ever seen. Based off this premise why add anything to jobs when it could just be spawned in by staff when they moment arises? This suggestion has no roleplay benefit and is purely for gameplay so I don't even know what JT rp is to begin with. The purpose is to make them a mobile subunit not create a system where they would have to rely on staff. I knew I'd get -1s but damn this one takes the cake.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

They only ever used jetpacks ONCE, and it was a small squad going on a different task in an area inaccessible to regular troopers (I believe it looks to be on some high catwalk-like area). Again, things like these can be done by a GM during an event/deployment.

Look how few 332nd used jetpacks: 

Casual reminder that the entire atmosphere battle exists where an actual shit ton of 332nd including Rex and Jesse utilized jetpacks and it would definitely make a ton of sense for 332nd to have jetpacks however it's just not feasible with how the battalion and subunit is currently setup.

55 minutes ago, Jad said:

I wouldn't count on getting a jetpack Bodygroupr for quite a while. We're heavily focusing on pushing forward with the rest of the battalions models and I'd rather not make a double back to get something done on one battalion that's already had their new models implemented. I'd also prefer not to add any jetpacks(entity) to jobs at the moment as we've yet to test performance with the JT Regiment removed. Adding more seems to be counterproductive at least for now.

I figured as much regarding the bodygroupr however there are alternatives with what we have currently ie. backpack/ARC backpack. Though would this suggestion be better off if it was posted a little while after the JT regiment changes go through and server performance can be properly tested? I'm perfectly fine with waiting if that makes it easier for y'all.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• Founder
Founder
Just now, Marvel said:

Though would this suggestion be better off if it was posted a little while after the JT regiment changes go through and server performance can be properly tested? I'm perfectly fine with waiting if that makes it easier for y'all.

Yeah probably. It's nothing to do with how many people are in TC either. I'd have the same response to even one job getting a Jetpack right now. Although I will be perfect honest, I'm pretty against anyone getting Jetpacks right now and that may just be because of wanting things to run more smooth, even if it's just a little bit.

• Agree 1
  • Management
8 minutes ago, Jad said:

Yeah probably. It's nothing to do with how many people are in TC either. I'd have the same response to even one job getting a Jetpack right now. Although I will be perfect honest, I'm pretty against anyone getting Jetpacks right now and that may just be because of wanting things to run more smooth, even if it's just a little bit.

Gotcha I'll void and wait for now

• Pay Respect 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been VOIDED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED