Dyn

Steam Name: Dyn

RP Name: Castle / Keller

RP Rank: Commander

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:33476423

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 21st

Experience:

KU 2nd IC / Charger (CSM - CPT)

This is where I started to really step into a leadership role and help handle things around the Battalion behind the scenes. At the time, I had been a JTO to help people with getting our specialized battalion training. A lot of my time as this was sort of learning underneath Cannon about my responsibilities, helping scout/judge people for KU, and working on the KU tryouts. Towards the end of my time as Charger for KU, I also was given a REGO spot after Cannon left. During this period of time, I also made a point to start attending ARC training to either encourage 21st trainees going through or to help build relations with Rancor by being an extra helping hand. I tried to make my trainings more available by quite simply putting myself on call to other battalions who were in need of boarding training as well.

KU Commander Keller (Major - CMD)

Eventually, I’d be moved up into leadership for KU and given my own reign on what to do with the regiment. I was given more responsibilities, moved up into the regimental lead spot, and became part of the intel team to help out with roster work. I was given charge over disciplinary decisions from time to time, lent my time to anyone who asked for me regardless of severity of the matter, and I worked with branch leads regularly to make sure they were satisfied with the state of their branches. I had to get myself involved with several issues from before my time in the battalion and learn a good bit about the former leadership as well as events that eventually led to the 21st wipe as well for some decisions brought to me which helped me gain more perspective on the "old 21st" and what to avoid. As of late in regards to KU, I've been working to redo our current way of recruitment to make it easier for people to apply if they are interested while making sure it is still a fair challenge to be accepted. 

Other bits of Experience

Most of my time on Synergy has only consisted of me being in the 21st so I’ve not gone through a great many positions. Outside of Synergy, I had been placed into officer positions on similar servers (Clone wars, HaloRP, etc.) which did well enough. While not experience in itself, I have been thankful to have the ability to speak with both my own BCMD as well as commanders from other battalions about issues I might’ve encountered. They're provided bits of insight and knowledge on battalion dynamics that have helped me keep a fair perspective when talking about matters involving other groups. 

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

It is the battalion I care the most about and I’d like to ensure it thrives under my leadership as it did under Agent. I've worked hard from the position I've been in to address issues as they come up and try to help people whether they be in my own battalion, another battalion, or even in completely different roles altogether (naval, BH, etc). I want to address issues from a position where I can oversee the entirety of the battalion and help organize things to flow smoothly from one regiment to another. Besides that, I believe that the presence of a strong BCMD is good for both existing members and people interested in 21st to help people be engaged in the battalion. For issues I feel require a bit more of an explanation, I've put them in bullet points below.

- 21st Jedi

As it has been lately, I haven’t been satisfied with our jedi branch of the 21st. We lack a lot of systems that some others have such as jedi oriented tryouts and we have had an activity issue with our jedi for a good while. For a while, I’ve been uncertain about how to approach this issue but with someone I find extremely competent for the jedi lead position bringing their jedi to the battalion I feel these issues might clear up with careful guidance. My hope is that as BCMD, I can work to make this transition as well as any issues they encounter as easy to get around as possible. I also want to help improve synergy between our troopers and our jedi since we haven't had too many for a little while.

- Battalion Relations

This was something that was brought up to me by Bitters the other day. For the most part, I have tried to keep good relations and enjoy speaking with commanders from other battalions but I definitely think we could step from where we are in this regard. I've been working to help ARC troopers get more familiar with Rancor and I'd like to encourage our SO to work with other recon/stealth regiments quite a bit more. For the larger of the battalion, I'd like for us to have either a good familiarity with all battalions by encouraging more battalion trainings which we've already done a bit but could step up more. In general, I also want troopers who might be confused about getting boarding training to be able to have easier access to it as I know there are several positions requiring it.

- See to a Stronger Officer Core

One that has been a bit difficult to handle thus far as people expectedly come and go. There are some people in the 21st that do not feel ready for or that those above them feel aren’t ready for an officer position yet. But we don’t want to see these people remaining NCOs indefinitely. I want to help encourage people to grow more confident in handling officer responsibilities while either acting as a mentor figure myself or allowing them to shadow another officer to see how duties are expected to be done. Once they feel confident in themselves, senior officers can feel more confident about assigning them to these important positions.

These are the main issues I’d like to see addressed within the 21st as it stands currently and I intend to work so that these weaknesses become non-issues by the time my term ends.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: Yes. We shot those jedi traitors real good and punched droids in power suits at one point. It was pretty awesome.

Availability: 

Mon-Fri: 5pm to 12pm EST

Sat/Sun: 2pm to 1am EST

These times aren’t necessarily hard set. I may find myself able to get on much earlier during certain days depending on work schedule and such. I just wanted to give the most probable availability. 

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 150 days roughly.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: 

I want to increase activity overall throughout the battalion and encourage each of the regiments within 21st to prosper. I want to see our branch positions filled, I want to see our battalion getting more involved with other ones whether it be training or more dual deployments, and I want to see our Jedi actively participating in events with us. In general, I want to see 21st continue to thrive in the places we already are currently and I want to round out the weaker points in the battalion to have it grow stronger as a whole.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes, I fully understand and don't intend it to be an issue.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes, I understand.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

+1 Castle has been dedicated to the betterment of the 21st since he joined that battalion. I cant think of anyone better to take on the role of Bacara 

Alpha-98 "Nate" | Alpha-77 "Fordo" | Commander Colt

spacer.png

Castle has put a lot into the battalion and has been dealing with some of the shit as of late. He is calm and open to criticism and change and is always approachable.

He's got my vote +1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

+1. Ever since I joined 21st, Keller has been a constant and positive figure in the Battalion. He's a source of calm authority, openness, and knows how to make things fun for others. As a battlefield commander he is always tactically sound and prepared to take on unexpected challenges. He is approachable and receptive to criticism, and his wisdom has heavily aided me in my actions are JTO. Out of all possible candidates, Keller is the most appropriate to be 21st's next Bacara.

Former: A lot of shit dude

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.