Staff Report

RP Name: Axe

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:419489468

Staff member you are reporting: Kortnul

Staff Members Steam ID (If applicable): STEAM_0:1:92075356

Staff Members Wrong-Doing: Attitude and unreasonably long ban

Explain the situation: I was arrested during a downtime in the server where almost nobody was on except myself, the subject of the report, and another player. I was taking the time to explore the maps of the server to familiarize myself with them for future RP. I was arrested by the report subject for not asking for PTL and for not warping in a warp zone. I was originally told rudely to just not do it again but since he was showing attitude, it set me off and I gave the admin warranted attitude to which he then AOS'd me. In order to cool down, I logged off, at which point I was banned for a year.

Evidence (If applicable):

Evidence: Chat logs and the other active player at the time. I do not remember his name, but he was a 501st trooper as well.

@dillanmoss Please post these logs as the evidence is no good without them. As well as please look at your pan appeal it has been shortened to the correct time. The ban was done by not kortnul but by @NobleHeoruwulf, who gave their logs and showed that the ban message was "!ban STEAM_0:1:419489468 7 Days NITRP Warp Exploit Staff Dis BB Noble". This is all i know as far as shortening your ban at this time. @lLamamano777 If you could please comment you side it would be appreciated.

spacer.pngspacer.png

@dillanmoss Staff Member Kortnul did not ban you. I was the VA that banned you with the message and I quote "!ban STEAM_0:1:419489468 7 Days NITRP Warp Exploit Staff Dis BB Noble" i know this is the exact message as it was still in my console messages since I had been AFK since the incident happened. AS for the attitude issue I was not there so I cannot speak on the fact of either parties in terms of the argument and the way it was handled. 

Man Of The Past

Alright, so this is how it happened from my side. I was cloaked flying around base early in the morning when I saw Axe in the MHB, I flew down to him and say him type "/warp" so I said, and I quote, "warp properly, dont warp here" To which he didn't reply, he walked towards the LAAT and I assumed he was going to warp properly so I flew off, I came back a minute later to see him and a 501st talking (I have the name but won't state unless needed) and low and behold I see him warp while still inside MHB, so once more I said, and I quote "AXE BRO, you didn't warp properly like I told you to bro." Which then he snipply replied with "What? Gonna make me ask for PTL too?" and I said "no, you dont need ptl to citadel, but just follow the rules bro. This is your one chance, Don't do it again." And with that I thought it was over, I don't like arresting or yelling at people but since he warped after I blatantly told him not to it made me, admittedly, I was a little angry. 

But over it was not, I noclipped over to him where he was talking to the 501st trooper and he said "Am I supposed to be scared of him? Lol." So I uncloaked and said "Yes, because I can cloak and hear you talk shit. Last warning." Once more trying to be lenient since warping not in a warpzone is a bannable offense. And once again I thought it was the end of it but he then said "I legit see no point in what you're doing." So I started "It's rules, regardless if no one is on, they are rules, I'm letting it slide, because if I wanted to be an ass I would arrest you after the first time." Lest he continued stating "Rules that you're the only who can enforce. And what are you gonna do, AOS me with no shock on?" So I spawned in myself a baton to show him I can arrest him. So once more I just wanted to end it all with just a warning so I said "Look, I'm not trying to be a dick, but just follow the damn rules. They are there for a reason." And once more he wouldn't let it go saying "To keep RP smooth...but no rp is going on." And still, just wanting to end this all I said "Look Axe, just follow the rules."

And yet he persisted by saying "Technically what this guy is doing is failrp too and against the rules. Wanna arrest him too? He's on your head." (Which he was granted, but I was first person so didn't see him on my head and was mainly focused on this whole situation.) And I then retorted saying "There's a difference, I warned you to not warp and did so anyway when I told you not to. If I told him to get off my head and he doesn't then he's in trouble." So he said "Not really. If I was on base shooting you then that would be a difference. But I'm not. It was a warp." So I said "It's still breaking rules. After I told you NOT to, then you did so when I left." Still trying to end this whole conflict since I don't like arresting people, but he kept going saying. "Nobody else would make a big deal about this. I've done this before during downtime in the server and nobody had a problem." During this time I did tell the trooper to get off my head before saying. "Axe, I don't care if other people don't make a big deal out of it, I'm not those people there's a reason there's rules, i legit just warned you and said don't do it again and was about to let you go but now you're making a fuss about it, you could have said 'sorry' and I would have left." Then it all ended with him saying "But I'm not sorry..." 

After he said that I pulled out my baton and arrested him for insubordination and staff disrespect since he was clearly not going to try and see how it's still breaking the rules and just wanted to keep arguing, as shown in the chat logs that I stated I gave him multiple chances to just let it go and continue with what he was doing but he chose to instigate and continue. I think the arrest was justified since he didn't seem to care at all that he was breaking rules and just wanted to argue. Shortly after he left the server and I called a CG to help me with the arrest forms, then Noble came and I explained the situation to him, he was the one to give him the 7 day (1 year by accident) ban, I didn't decide that myself. 

In conclusion, I think what I did was justified and see no problem with it, other than maybe some better wording but I see nothing that he speaks of my "attitude", I gave him several chances to walk away from a bannable offense since I don't like to arrest/ban people for tiny things but he chose to continue arguing with me. That is all I have to say, I have the chat logs if necessary. 

Just a quick thing to add, everything in "quotes" is what was actually said and there's proof.

Edited by lLamamano777
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

These are the screenshots from console proving what I said was true.

Edited by lLamamano777
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

From the screenshots above,  I can tell you one thing right off the bat:

Just because the server is in downtime or at 2AM,  does not give you an excuse to disrespect staff and not follow rules.

He handled it pretty well and I can see the situation was reversed here:   He warned you,  you gave him lip about it,  he asked you to stop,  and you kept going.    Rules apply both in RP and out of RP.

Granted,   We're not out to ruin people's fun or anything but want to make sure people follow them.   

Edited by Zensras
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

Forum Admin

-1 downtime isn't actually a thing, it's just more lenient when there's barely anyone on. rules are still rules

• Funny 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

The only comment I can say is a 2 week ban for not warping in the warp zone, not asking for PTL and giving a bit of lip seems kinda harsh... BUUUUUT I imagine there are some details not added and you possibly was doing more than just exploring. 

Also yeah, the server "downtime" doesn't mean minge con it means just no events and people just vibing. Silliness may occur but no rule breaks.

Edited by Gadget
forgot the -1
  • Funny 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

• Retired Founder

The rule of "no warping outside of a warp zone" was set with the punishment of a 1 week ban as per the Founders of the Community as it used outside of the game mechanic intention. Therefore, the staff member in question did not abuse their powers by banning you. However I believe the accidental Year-long length was corrected.

I'd say you're lucky that I wasn't online to deal with this situation as if I was and you acted in the way that was outlined by Kortnul your ban would have been WAY longer.

Just because there are a small number of players on the server, this does not excuse rule breaking.

• Winner 1
Forum Admin
2 hours ago, Forseen said:

The rule of "no warping outside of a warp zone" was set with the punishment of a 1 week ban as per the Founders of the Community as it used outside of the game mechanic intention. Therefore, the staff member in question did not abuse their powers by banning you. However I believe the accidental Year-long length was corrected.

I'd say you're lucky that I wasn't online to deal with this situation as if I was and you acted in the way that was outlined by Kortnul your ban would have been WAY longer.

Just because there are a small number of players on the server, this does not excuse rule breaking.

^ this right here

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

This report has been Denied

The Staff Member gave fair warning on the warping rules, No Matter the population of the server, rules MUST be enforced.

The Ban for Warping outside a Warp zone is set at 7 Days, We apologise for the Initial 1 Year Ban as it was accident and you have already been informed that it was reduced.

Lastly, The Staff Member acted to the best of his ability in explaining this to you and was only enforcing such rules.

//Locked

//Moved to Completed Reports

• Winner 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management