Escape Pod Prop

Matt-Matthos

Name: Matt/Matthos

RP Rank: High Jedi General, CPL

Suggestion: Add a prop escape pod

Implementation: Add a prop escape pod for events and such

Lore: The Republic has escape pods 

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2184126987
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: EDIT: This would be for Jayarr's Escape Pod

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Matt-Matthos

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

Forum Admin

it would be cool but that shits 100MB

+1 as it can add a lot of rp and immersion

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Possibly find a way to compress and optimise the file size. Intel would have to discuss it with the prop maker but it ain't impossible.

+1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

+1 what the others have said.

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

I’ll say -1,100mb is a steep price for a vehicle. There’s quite a few other things that can take that place. 

Was a lotta things in 104th (Dash-44, Warthog, Dash-29), I was Neyo, I was Scorch, uhh I was a CG for a bit there too.

I've taken a look at the files.
It appears that the creator of this addon has taken it and upscaled the textures by an
unnecessary/ungodly amount. (4096 x 4096 to be exact)

To put it simply, VTF files (the textures used for source) are often compressed, but upon extracting one out of the 10 texture files, I was met with a single texture worth 65mb. But it doesn't end there. Images themselves are often compressed, so the actual file size of one texture in this folder is
173mb. That's not okay.

As as simple test, I downscaled it (to 1096x1096 to be exact) while making sure to maintain any "quality" it may have had before, and it's total file size is now
11MB. This can obviously be further improved.

This can easily be optimized with the creators permission, so I'd give it a
+1 as it seems a fair addon.
(for proof that the model has kept its quality, click here)

pOW0vRf.png

Edited by Jayarr
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1
7 hours ago, Jayarr said:

I've taken a look at the files.
It appears that the creator of this addon has taken it and upscaled the textures by an
unnecessary/ungodly amount. (4096 x 4096 to be exact)

To put it simply, VTF files (the textures used for source) are often compressed, but upon extracting one out of the 10 texture files, I was met with a single texture worth 65mb. But it doesn't end there. Images themselves are often compressed, so the actual file size of one texture in this folder is
173mb. That's not okay.

As as simple test, I downscaled it (to 1096x1096 to be exact) while making sure to maintain any "quality" it may have had before, and it's total file size is now
11MB. This can obviously be further improved.

This can easily be optimized with the creators permission, so I'd give it a
+1 as it seems a fair addon.
(for proof that the model has kept its quality, click here)

pOW0vRf.png

Jayarr you are a saint.

+1 for the 11mb one

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

• 3 weeks later...