Warning: controversial

Comics

The dumb react is over used and usually used incorrectly.

The point of the dumb react is to point something out as uninformed, genuinely idiotic, and plainly wrong in every way

Instead it's used as a way to mass put down actual criticism. A way to avoid discourse but still shitting on peoples ideas. 

If we want a healthy community can we stop using dumb so much, if you want to give evidence and argument why someone is wrong: dm them or reply don't be a tard who uses :dumb:

Smh, now this will get dumbed, how did I not see this coming. I hang my head in shame.

*begins to sweat profusely* *my hand wavers of the delete button as my fingers shake with the :dumb:. Tears begin to form as I fail to delete the post*

Edited by Comics
  • Disagree 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Too be fair, The reaction is used for what people constitute as dumb. Its all relative to what aligns with what the person dumbing believes is dumb. However if they are witch hunting, dumbing solely because you dumbed them, or rep spamming thats an issue. 

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

The dumb react is over used and usually used incorrectly.

The point of the dumb react is to point something out as uninformed, genuinely idiotic, and plainly wrong in every way

Instead it's used as a way to mass put down actual criticism. A way to avoid discourse but still shitting on peoples ideas. 

If we want a healthy community can we stop using dumb so much, if you want to give evidence and argument why someone is wrong: dm them or reply don't be a tard who uses :dumb:

Smh, now this will get dumbed, how did I not see this coming. I hang my head in shame.

*begins to sweat profusely* *my hand wavers of the delete button as my fingers shake with the :dumb:. Tears begin to form as I fail to delete the post*

• Agree 9

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

They should just remove dumb. If you say something wrong, people dumb it, not disagree with it. Doesn't matter if it is or isn't dumb. These forums would be less toxic if it was removed. I had 2 people go through my profile and dumb most of my comments cause I disagreed with one of their statements

Idk if that's petty or there just mad. Should just remove it. Alot of reports wouldn't be done if it was removed aswell.

And why was comics banned?

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

This was made before, it failed and I mean let’s be honest if you hold a grudge against someone for dumbing your post idk what’s wrong with you, it’s just a opinion on something you said, people can have their opinions, if you can’t take someone dumbing your post then sucks for you cause it happens often cause on a post there’s usually two opposing parties so basically if you’re on one side then the other side will most likely dumb you just cause for example you -1 a post or something or you +1 because they think it’s dumb that you did that cause they have their opinion and you have yours which is fine, but then like fizzik said there’s people who overuse it and I would say disagreeing with a person is better cause you can talk to that person instead and let them know why you disagree so it can be a more friendly post.

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

A lot of people dumb stuff for 3 reason

They think the message is dumb.

They think the person is dumb.

Or they know you are telling the truth but you go against there goals thus you get MASSED dumbed for it.

Latter is the one that's the issue. I've seen -1 in commander apps get dumbed when it has semi valid criticism.

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

2 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Damn bro they really banned him for saying dumb is dumb. LOL

39 minutes ago, justuscloud5 said:

Wait why was comics banned?

No he was given a break from the forums for breaking a serious rule. Not having to do with this thread in particular but something serious he decided to joke about.

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

I think the Dumb is a lot like the Dislike Button on YT. People have been complaining about getting Disliked Mobbed for ages, people have been complaining about getting dumbed here for ages. This isn't America, Freedom of speech doesn't have to apply here, and we do of course have to follow the Forum Rules. But, a huge part of Forums, a part that's often ignored is expressing is yourself. You can argue your Heart out, you can disagree, but not everyone wants to put in Countless posts debating a point to tooth and nail. 

You dont have to agree with the Dumb, but it's as important as Agree, disagree, or friendly, even if it's not as important to you as it is to others. Taking away the Dumb React, takes away a lot of enjoyment for a lot of people, it takes away Criticism that we're all entitled to give. Don't look at the Dumb React as some form of Hate, or Ill intent, look at it as what you've said it's intention is. 

14 hours ago, Comics said:

It's not just this anymore, but, it doesn't mean it's stopped being that.