Client Icon Store Donation

Zyner

Name:

Zyner

Suggestion:

Re-introducing Client Icons but as a Donation option.

Where would this be implemented?:

TeamSpeak, with a thread on the forums similar to VIP Fist where the Donator puts the image he would like as a Client Icon after making the purchase. This also gives Ron time to handle each Donation at his own discretion since there will be a list to go through rather than be PMd by each person after they purchase it or Ron can also give feedback on the images themselves (such as if too large, too lewd, etc).

How would this benefit the TeamSpeak/Community?:

Benefits the TeamSpeak by bringing in Donations and the Community by allowing each person to have their own flair they'd like to display/represent.
Would also help the individuals within the Community that enjoy doing art, banners, avatars, etc by having a new area to work in and provide said Client Icons per requests.

Have you asked for Feedback from others about this suggestion?:

No. Figured the best would be to post it here where everyone can take their time to look through it rather than bothering individuals through PMs.

Briefly explain why this should be implemented?:

The answer would mostly be based on how much of an impact Client Icons have on the TeamSpeak itself. I know 99% of them were wiped recently, unknown to me if the reason was sapce or other. Most of the Client Icons I have made myself are from 250-650 bytes, a restriction or guideline could easily be made in order to streamline the file size of the icons.
Should that not be an issue, a reason I see this to be implemented is that  it would bring in joy or a simple enjoyment of having a personal tag displayed by your name while also creating another way for the server to receive funds from Donations.

• Agree 2
Banned

+1

I don't have much teamspeak knowledge, but I do not believe a few icons will affect performance. Granted there will be a few restrictions to the icons judging on thing such as NSFW stuff, this won't do any harm at all. It will infact benefit the server more via the donations.

6 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

+1

I don't have much teamspeak knowledge, but I do not believe a few icons will affect performance. Granted there will be a few restrictions to the icons judging on thing such as NSFW stuff, this won't do any harm at all. It will infact benefit the server more via the donations.

i want a penis as my icon

• Funny 1

• Retired Founder

This has already been suggested by me and is pending founder review.

I am looking to implement community donation options like custom channel icons, custom client icons, forum titles and more.

@Joah
@Zim@Jackson@Square

Leaving this thread open for more community feedback; but I am happy to implement these community options on the Forums & TeamSpeak with community and founder support -- it has no impact on any Server RP and further supports development I really don't see any downsides.

• Winner 1

z5dGuiK.gif

• 3 weeks later...

+1 I see no harm in this, plus it would be a cool perk for people to donate for. Might be a bit annoying logistically as each unique tag would have to be assigned by either Ron or one of the Founders but I think it could be cool

• Retired Founder

https://synergyroleplay.com/store/store.php?page=purchase&type=pkg&pid=61

Moving this to accepted. Joah has implemented the first community store package in addition to Subscriber, which is a Custom TeamSpeak Client Icon.

Details are on the link above.

I'll be working with Joah to add more things like this in the future which have no impact on game play but offer cosmetic rewards.

z5dGuiK.gif