Voice Amplifier

Fizzik

Name: Fizzik

Suggestion: Add voice amplifier.

Implementation: This tool was used by the Game Master's of olde and proved to be very valuable for communication. You could use it to act as a ship-wide intercom if you wanted to, to make it so your voice went through the entire event server, etc. Even just to boost your voice range by a little bit (it was variable range).

Lore: no

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732867617

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

• Management
Management

+1
I usually hear that people do not want it due to it possibly being used to minge with but it's simple. Minge with it and be punished.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 I've always loved the versatility of this tool, even just to something simple as being able to have a huge debrief and not have to like, stand on someone's head just to be heard, or something. Whether it be as a an announcement system (voice is much more IMMERSIVE than a /advert), or something else, there will always be uses for this tool.

• Retired Founder
1 hour ago, Josh Schneider said:

-1 should be limited to BCMD or REGCMD+

This is for Game Masters in event situations.

Too clarify the old use of this, it was a spawnable weapon, it's model was a briefcase, when you hold it, it allows the entire server to hear you over voice comms at the same time. Sort of like /OOC or /Comms does with text.

I believe it was in the server when we initially launched but caused a shit load of script errors and was therefore removed. Not sure if it is fixed, but I love the tool. +1

26 minutes ago, Forseen said:

This is for Game Masters in event situations.

Too clarify the old use of this, it was a spawnable weapon, it's model was a briefcase, when you hold it, it allows the entire server to hear you over voice comms at the same time. Sort of like /OOC or /Comms does with text.

I believe it was in the server when we initially launched but caused a shit load of script errors and was therefore removed. Not sure if it is fixed, but I love the tool. +1

Ooh ok i thought he ment for anyone to use.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

*Gets flashbacks to BCNS using this 24/7* O GOD NOT AGAIN

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1
44 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

-1 I have bad flashbacks when Predator and bcns screamed with it

gamemasters can do it without the amp

If it’s abused then there’s punishment...

also it would be good for like base wide alerts cuz chat gets spammed sometime 

2 hours ago, Feds said:

Neutral 

Some gamemasters will overuse it and will annoy people.

Perhaps, but I dont see why. We would simply use it for the usual announcements we do. Back on icefuse, no one was ever annoyed by it. In fact, it was weird when a someone DIDNT use them for events.