[DIRECTORS] remove staff age limit or decrease it

IKE

Name: 501st Legion CMBOVR MAJ IKE/ 104th Knight V Consular Kael/ Fleet MED MIDN IKE

Suggestion: To remove the staff age limit or at the very least reduce it. No one should be defined by their age or limited by it due to a small amount of people who made a wrong decision. There are many people I know of who are below the age of 13 and may not apply for staff due to the fact they were not born earlier. I understand the reason this was put into place to prevent immature staff members from joining the staff team and causing the staff teams reputation fall but, this shouldn't be happening, the persons application should be denied, the higher staff should remove or ban them from staff, this makes the jobs of the HA's and Directors easier but it causes a disadvantage to younger people. And there have been a fair few amount of older people above the age of 14 who are way to immature and not fit for staff and made mistakes but been left alone for it. I myself am 13 and want to become staff but the age limit prevents me too and I don't want to be prevented from doing that because I wasn't born a year earlier. Many people have considered me mature enough to be staff. I have been staff before and I didnt make mistakes, it was a great learning experience and I'm ready for it again. In all honesty there are many under 14 years people who are ready for staff, if they want to help the server, let them help the server.

Implementation: The Director Square or if another Director is decided upon later on or the adminstrative co-ordinator (Jackson) Will implement this by changing the rules for staff applications

Lore: There is none

Workshop content if applicable: There is no workshop content for this as it's a rule.
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change

Job: N/A

Model: N/A

Weapons: N/A

Other: Please don't -1 saying young people are immature cause many of us aren't and there are many older immature people. Please don't hate me for making this server suggestion, people don't really care about it because it doesn't affect them.

Why should we judge a member of the community on their age rather than their character and contributions to the server. 

The age requirement is simply an unneeded barrier that makes it harder for younger members of the community who want to do good to have a chance.

We have staff applications for a reason

we have interviews for a reason

These are not just formalities, they are to see if the community wants them to be part of the staff team and to see if the staff team want them to be part of the staff team. 

once again I reiterate that the age requirement is stupid. Although I do think that staff have the right to deny an app for being young/immature.

Giving younger members at least the chance to apply does not hurt anybody and only has the opportunity for the staff team to have more willing and active staff.

+1 

• Agree 2

:)

-1, This rule literally makes it so we have more mature staff on the staff team. Like is said on the staff meeting, certain people and request a bypass about this rule. 

• Disagree 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

11 minutes ago, Red_Panda said:

-1, This rule literally makes it so we have more mature staff on the staff team. Like is said on the staff meeting, certain people and request a bypass about this rule. 

Why make them go through that extra step though? What's the point in applications then? If they aren't fit for staff their app will be denied

• Agree 1
Banned

+1 you are literally restricting people who have potential from joining the staff team just because you don’t want two or three people in that 11 to 14 age bracket. I like it how open of the reasons we left icefuse was because of age restrictions of people going past a certain rank in staff, then we implement an age restriction. 10/10

Edited by Maymays
14 minutes ago, Red_Panda said:

Maturity does not only have to be about age. I have been staff(not talking about SR) before when I was like 12-13 and I swear, I was better than all the other staff, I was more mature and people really liked me, even adults.

+1 I've seen so many good young people, and with a rule like this in place, even with bypasses and exceptions, probably won't feel wanted or accepted. For people talking about "maturity"... yeah, because a 14+ year old can't be immature, or childish. There's a reason that "interviews" exist, to determine a person's candidacy for whatever they're applying for. Sure, an immature person might be able to get past this interview, but that would be the same case for someone over the age limit.

Banned

-

Edited by Maymays
Was for Quills resignation lmao

There should be a firewall to keep out the majority, exceptions can be made via director plus 

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

• Retired Founder

For those of you saying there should be exceptions..

Exceptions would not be possible, because EVERYONE, and I actually mean everyone, will ask for exceptions. It just wouldn't work. If it is there, it needs to be enforced.

However, I am neutral on this as I would like to see communities thoughts. (This sorta effects TTT too)

12 hours ago, Firat/Abi said:

HA should be able to deny a person if he thinks the person isnt good enough. Now, what is an interview? That's where you fucking find out if you think he's good or not. 

An interview is the part where the applicant can lie their fucking ass off just to get power

unknown.png

I think the age limit should remain, However...

We had a suggestion put up recently about removing or lowering the order 66 punishment, and one high staff commented saying "it depends on the staff dealing the verdict"

NOW, when it comes to Head Administrators i think they should do a similar thing, it should be up to the HA to decide if they are capable whether it be through the Interview or in-game encounters the HA has had with the said person who under the age limit is applying for staff.

Final thoughts, really there shouldn't be a solid age limit, if the person who is applying is mature & knowledgeable about the job and has good intentions then give them the chance to learn/join the ranks!

I'm gonna give my opinion on this, IMO you shouldn't restrict by age. This is the GMod community, i've been on many CWRP servers where some toxic player goes up to me and says "Who is this fucking squeaker and why does he have this high of a rank?" Like seriously, people older than the 11-14 age bracket can be more immature than the people who are in that age bracket. There's immature people everywhere, and while people above 14 are expected to be able to think more cognitively and more efficiently than people below 14, it doesn't mean that those below the age of 14 cannot be as quick of a thinker and good at problem solving. Many people are ahead of their education.

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately we are not going to be removing the age limit reasons will be stated below. However, if an individual feels that they are more mature and ready to take on more responsibility or if you feel they are, you are very much welcome to come/bring them to high staff for an evaluation.

14 is a very young age guys. being a staff member on the server holds a large amount of responsibility especially when you get towards the upper ranks. It is simply that almost all the people we have seen not just a few at this rank turned out to be not ready for this responsibility they held as a staff rank. If you want more clarification on the matter feel free to contact me.  

• Agree 1