Overdrill

RP Name: 41st EC MED PVT Overdrill/CT PVT Overdrill
Steam ID: 
STEAM_1:0:51812348 Steam ID3: [U:1:103624696] Steam ID64: 76561198063890424 
Date of Ban: 5/29/2018
Length of Ban: 7 Days
Offense: Racism
Banned By: Medic/Neyo

Why should we unban you/shorten the ban period?: Hello, my name is Overdrill and some of you might know me from a long time ago so today I'm going to be writing a ban appeal with the intent to have my ban removed or at least shortened so let us dive in. So on May 29th of 2018, I was playing on the server and I was conversating with some majors and I was saluting them and making sure I applied the same amount of respect that everyone deserved and I thought I was doing well on the server so I did this for about an hour or two then i wrote out a question in OOC chat that resides in the server's communication system these exact words: I never knew why it's racist to say ****** when a ****** isn't a race. I do regret these words and I do recognize that it was very irresponsible to say that in the OOC chat in the server. So with my final closing remarks I would like to just say sorry for the actions I did on that day and I would really hope we could ignore them and move on while having my ban removed or at least shortened, I would also like to thank you for taking your time to read this segment I have written out for this ban appeal and I do now understand that what I did was wrong so just to end it now I am sorry for my irresponsibility and I would like to thank you for reading this and I hope to see you guys on the server - Overdrill

Evidence to support your claims: The only thing I have to support my claims is my word. Also, this is the Gyazo that was sent to me by the Medic/Neyo after the time of the ban https://gyazo.com/0a619c82596280946319199ae2eec6aa.

Edited by Overdrill

-1 We’ve has this same situation before, if you wanted to ask, it would probably been better to ask within TS or to someone in private. However if you’re sincere about not knowing your ban should be shortened to 4-5 days 

Edited by Snadvich

Alright, thank you Overdrill for posting a ban appeal for this and respecting the regulations and such.

Here's the thing with your case, we know that you didn't mean in it a racial matter, but the cause of ban is so much more than "racism" it's failure to comply with spewing racist words in the OOC chat. 

As stated in the CC Room, bigotry, racism, arguing in the OOC chat will result in consequences, this would be a case of the that rule.

A case such like this has been brought up before and was denied, see this as a vacation and take some time off and think of what you've said. 

And ask yourself this; "Would me saying this in OOC chat result in punishment?" It's good to ask yourself if you should do something first before you do it. 

-1. I fully stand behind medic decision making. Using words like that have always resulted in a pretty length ban and I feel they always should. Before you speak in game realize 100+ people can see what you say at any time, and what you say could insult any one of them. Take this time to think about your actions and hopefully learn to be more considerate to other people’s feelings. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

-1 LITERALLY less than 30 seconds earlier, someone asked, Is saying the n word considered racism, multiple people responded yes, and you will be banned. Despite this, you said it and you got punished. No excuses here

Yes, I do understand this sir I was writing this with the intent to say sorry for the people who might've taken offense to my sayings than to get unbanned.

1 minute ago, Tybo said:

-1 every time you come on the server you minge

I'm sorry if come that way to you, sir, I'm trying to change my image and this is going to be the start for me.

Edited by Overdrill
Applying more information
1 hour ago, Bbstine said:

Alright, thank you Overdrill for posting a ban appeal for this and respecting the regulations and such.

Here's the thing with your case, we know that you didn't mean in it a racial matter, but the cause of ban is so much more than "racism" it's failure to comply with spewing racist words in the OOC chat. 

As stated in the CC Room, bigotry, racism, arguing in the OOC chat will result in consequences, this would be a case of the that rule.

A case such like this has been brought up before and was denied, see this as a vacation and take some time off and think of what you've said. 

And ask yourself this; "Would me saying this in OOC chat result in punishment?" It's good to ask yourself if you should do something first before you do it. 

Thank you for the input sir.

-1 Overdrill you never had any intention to RP at all honestly every time you come on you minge, I remember back when I was staff, I banned you about 2 times. Might be wrong. but Honestly i dont see why you should be unban or even get a shorter ban

19 minutes ago, Medic said:

Yea....no. You know and i know you've seen get people banned for this.

Understood I was just making this to say sorry for the people who might've taken offense for what I did I would like to thank all of you guys for your input :)

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately your ban appeal has been denied. You will have to wait out your ban and you can come back when it is over.