Pighen

RP Name: SO SPC Pransar | SO Jedi KI Pransar

Steam ID: STEAM_0:116596471

Date of Ban: 26/04/2018

Length of Ban: 7 days

Offense: calling the N. word in a serious question

Banned By: Eeth koth

Why should we unban you/shorten the ban period?:

Before i asked the n. word question, I was training a CC and he was shouting in chat the n. word and then Eeth koth banned him, so i was wondering about a question i was struggling for a while because where i live if we say the n word its not that offensive to people when its called at them but when i say black person they get offended or just dont like it and i typed this question in chat too, because i was wondering what i had to do and all this. 
I really didnt know this was a banned word on the server, i thought it was offensive on the server if it was used repeatedly and to harm those people.
so when i got banned i was like wait what huh?

I have people of any colour so, and we need to respect everyone because we live all togheter and i wasnt trying to be racist because that isnt' the way i am. 
So I am asking can this be dealt with please? 
And I sure will never referrence it again or any other word that offends people

Evidence to support your claims:

ban.jpg.c584dd099085fc60794387f244db5b39.jpg

Edited by pransar
  • Agree 2

Current: GM Pighen | Jedi KU Knight Simms

The N word isnt all right to say but he's saying it in a questionative manner. Not calling anyone it or anything or making fun of the word so +1 in school whenever we do like a day where we LEARN ABOUT THE BIG BOY WORLD, we are allowed to say words liek that to ask questions about it 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

The 7 day ban should extend to anyone who's maliciously using it; you still broke the rule, but I think it should be shortened down to a 3 day at most, but you should be aware of the rules and ask someone in a space that isn't moderated.

Keep it safe, my neighbour.

Hi, I'm Freck, also known as Eeth Koth

- Today I banned you because We have a zero tolerance on any sort of racial slur. Doesn't matter how or why you said it out loud in OOC. - Rush

To elaborate on this, this means any form of mentioning / referencing racism will result in a ban. 

You quite clearly said the "n" word and as I have stated, we don't take kind to it, questioning or not. - It is considered racism. 

This is my 2 cents. Have a Nice Day

- Head Administrator Freck

• Agree 2

British

NEUTRAL I understand where you are coming from and I am in the political mind of being able to say any word because these instances give the word the power that people dread from it. But as a TR you should understand the rule you have broken. But this ban was taken out of it's context. @pransar I'd recommend when asking stuff like this, as it's a sensitive topic, asking someone in a private way instead of the server in OOC chat.

CONTEXT MATTERS

Edited by BigZach
  • Agree 3

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

I'm not gonna vote.  I'm just gonna say this.   Racism is found everywhere. You didnt mean it in that way however.  If it went unpunished... especially from a TR.  A CC or CT could see you said it and do this "well. He's a TR.  And he said it. Welp that means I can"   then it's a fuck fest of people trying to use it just because you did.  I'd suggest taking the punishment like any one else and just Come back and realize.  Doesnt matter how you say it.  It offends someone. Somewhere. 

Best of luck bud 

-212th Battalion Commander Cody 

3 hours ago, CBlake said:

Doesnt matter how you say it.  It offends someone. Somewhere. 

Best of luck bud 

-212th Battalion Commander Cody 

I get what you're trying to say here but dismissing the context of these cases is quite dangerous. Like somebody just being offended at you saying "Fuck fest" because it puts them in a negative light, could be taken out of context and you might've been here. All I'm trying to say here is context matters, don't dismiss it.

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

5 hours ago, BigZach said:

I get what you're trying to say here but dismissing the context of these cases is quite dangerous. Like somebody just being offended at you saying "Fuck fest" because it puts them in a negative light, could be taken out of context and you might've been here. All I'm trying to say here is context matters, don't dismiss it.

all I stated was  in summary "lead my example"   rules are rules  regardless of how the word is used. but much respect i know what ya mean 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Rexko said:

+1, people need stop getting offended by words, they need to grow up. He didn't even call anyone the N word.

We aren't getting offended, its a CLEAR RULE ON THE SERVER. Do you think when someone talks like this in teamspeak anyone cares? No. Because its not a rule there and they know they won't get punished if a set number of people hear it. Are you just going to let him break a rule and get away with it? Without rules the server would be in chaos, letting people slide from punishments will only hurt the server more. This isn't about being offended, its about abiding to the clear set of rules on this server. One more thing, people will NEVER stop getting offended, this day and age saying your a certain damn gender gets people offended. Certain things will just never change.

Edited by Esitt
1 hour ago, Arroyo said:

Racism still isn’t tolerated 

8 minutes ago, Esitt said:

We aren't getting offended, its a CLEAR RULE ON THE SERVER. Do you think when someone talks like this in teamspeak anyone cares? No. Because its not a rule there and they know they won't get punished if a set number of people hear it. Are you just going to let him break a rule and get away with it? Without rules the server would be in chaos, letting people slide from punishments will only hurt the server more. This isn't about being offended, its about abiding to the clear set of rules on this server. One more thing, people will NEVER stop getting offended, this day and age saying your a certain damn gender gets people offended. Certain things will just never change.

He didn't say it with malicious intent. Hell I'm black and I don't care if people say it if they don't use it as a way to insult somebody. The reason why the word Gay isn't offensive is because people used it so much that it lost its meaning.  

• Agree 1

I know you, i've talked to you a lot. I wanna say +1 i really do. But this is a serious rule. You can't go around saying stuff like that. Use this as a chance to learn and improve, and come out as a better person.

-1, but i hope to see you back after your ban is done.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 4/26/2018 at 0:15 PM, Faoeoa said:

The 7 day ban should extend to anyone who's maliciously using it; you still broke the rule, but I think it should be shortened down to a 3 day at most, but you should be aware of the rules and ask someone in a space that isn't moderated.

Keep it safe, my neighbour.

Agreed

On 4/26/2018 at 9:47 AM, ccmonty said:

+1 unban or at least shorten it as he didn’t know what he was doing

he knew right well what he was doing when he said "Im not racist but" thats almost as bad as when my girlfriend said she cheated on me because she forgot to take her ADHD meds lmao.

-1, you will always be held for your actions. Look at me for example, I was an ass. people dont like me. Take the week off. 

• Disagree 1

Im kinda between -1 and +1 

To start with I don't even understand why you have to call a person black or the n word. He's a boy/girl lik you. I wouldn't go up to you and call you "white"

Also never start a convo with saying "not to be racist" because it will always end up in that situation where people get very sensetive. So learn from that mistake.

Reason for -1: you are a TR, which means that you have to tell the CC, about never saying that word in any situation like the order. Also as Ive already stated, don't even think about it.

Reason for +1: A perm ban? Really... you use a lot of your time on the server and you usually follow the rules. I do think that you should get an extra chance but only if you take it serious. If not then don't come back.

For staff: Talk with him about it and check if he really wants to be serious about it this time.

- Regards, Firat

• Retired Founder

The issue with this is that you openly said the word you were asking whether you were allowed to say it or not, were you to ask a staff member privately or simply PM someone who could have helped you this could have been avoided. You did in open chat where everyone can see say a word that is forbidden, which should be common sense to know. Because you did openly say it your ban will remain.

DENIED

• Agree 1