Jetpacks for Torrent Company

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: 501st TC 1stLT Phaser "Charger"

Suggestion: That Torrent Company should have the ability to use Jetpacks.

Implementation: Give all Torrent Company Jetpacks, I.e. Torrent Company Trooper, Fives, Echo, Kix, Jesse, Dogma, Tup, as well as Hardcase

Lore: The Battle of Christophsis in 22BBY Torrent Company as well as Anakin Skywalker used Jetpacks to attack CIS Tri-Droids in the battle to cause the CIS forces to retreat and forcing them to comeback with a Deflector Shield later in the Battle. As well as being an Elite unit in the 501st Legion they would of had the training required for the use of Jetpacks.

Star Wars the Clone Wars Movie (2008) 

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change

Job: Torrent Company Trooper (TCT), Fives, Echo, Dogma, Tup, Hardcase, Kix, as well as Jesse.

Model: N/A

Weapons: N/A

Other: wt_rocketboots

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:thinking: I don't see why not. The lore is there , the rocketboots are already in the game..... This doesn't sound like a bad idea.... Fuck It. (Also the part you want is 1:49 in the vid <3)

+1 

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

+1 

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

16 minutes ago, Zyner said:

Neutral - make it Named Characters only and I'd vote.

But it wasnt just the main named characters that used the jetpacks. Just like in the video in the suggestion. they werent the main characters they were part of TC so they would be the Torrent Company Troopers (TCT)  that we dont really see or hear 

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

21 minutes ago, Bleach said:

But it wasnt just the main named characters that used the jetpacks. Just like in the video in the suggestion. they werent the main characters they were part of TC so they would be the Torrent Company Troopers (TCT)  that we dont really see or hear 

NEUTRAL make it to only named characters for tc and I will +1

21 minutes ago, Bleach said:

but its quite a stretch to give it to ALL tc is what I think Zyner is trying to say

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, Doc said:

Neutral, this is more of a case I feel of, any clone would use jetpacks if necessary, not that this was a specialty of theirs like it is for something like Wolfpack (http://clonetrooper.wikia.com/wiki/Wolfpack) or someone like Gree (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CC-1004/Legends) both of which it explicitly states the use of a jetpack for missions necessitating the need of it, Wolfpack for using them and grappling hooks for any rescue and infiltration they were a part of, and gree using it whenever necessary. I for one couldn't find any such info for TC on their use of jetpacks other than that certain instance which ties back to the idea of less a lore thing for them and more that any clone could use them if it was deemed necessary for the mission, not that that was their "thing". So again, NEUTRAL. I would be more willing if anything that just named TC got it

NEUTRAL. Reason stated above

unknown.png

-1. Yea, they used them, so what? Did they use them all the time for every mission? No. They used a jet pack the odd time every now and then when they were required to or their mission required them to. They never always had jet packs equipped, nor used them for everything. 501st and Torrent Company are typically a ground force, a fighting force. Yea some of them may have been trained to use a jet pack, but all troopers had been trained to use them at one point. Again, the jet pack was never really apart of their regular equipment. Less than 30 seconds of them using a jet pack doesn't mean they should be able to jet pack spam their way around the ship. It's just not how it works. Torrent Company, rarely used jet packs if even ever. Whilst the likes of 2ndAC, and Wolfpack ALWAYS had to use jet packs as it's either a part of their equipment, role, or job for certain tasks. 

I don't see at all why jet packs are "needed" for Torrent Company, because they're not. I still don't see why a couple of seconds to minutes of like 7 troopers using a jet pack means that they all should get one. I mean, I'll even use the battle of Umbara as a key example for this. The 501st landed with LAATs to push the enemies, not one of them used a jet pack, at all to catch their enemies by surprise or go behind enemy lines. They landed and pushed the enemy on F O O T, which included MULTIPLE Torrent Company troopers, that included Tup, Hardcase, Dogma, Kix, Fives and Jesse, 6 of the Torrent Company troopers, that never used jet packs. To add to that, Echo never used a jet pack either, so there really is no need. Just no.

Also again, why compare a few seconds to hours upon hours of footage?

Edited by Fours
  • Agree 3
3 hours ago, Fours said:

-1. Yea, they used them, so what? Did they use them all the time for every mission? No. They used a jet pack the odd time every now and then when they were required to or their mission required them to. They never always had jet packs equipped, nor used them for everything. 501st and Torrent Company are typically a ground force, a fighting force. Yea some of them may have been trained to use a jet pack, but all troopers had been trained to use them at one point. Again, the jet pack was never really apart of their regular equipment. Less than 30 seconds of them using a jet pack doesn't mean they should be able to jet pack spam their way around the ship. It's just not how it works. Torrent Company, rarely used jet packs if even ever. Whilst the likes of 2ndAC, and Wolfpack ALWAYS had to use jet packs as it's either a part of their equipment, role, or job for certain tasks. 

I don't see at all why jet packs are "needed" for Torrent Company, because they're not. I still don't see why a couple of seconds to minutes of like 7 troopers using a jet pack means that they all should get one. I mean, I'll even use the battle of Umbara as a key example for this. The 501st landed with LAATs to push the enemies, not one of them used a jet pack, at all to catch their enemies by surprise or go behind enemy lines. They landed and pushed the enemy on F O O T, which included MULTIPLE Torrent Company troopers, that included Tup, Hardcase, Dogma, Kix, Fives and Jesse, 6 of the Torrent Company troopers, that never used jet packs. To add to that, Echo never used a jet pack either, so there really is no need. Just no.

This... -1

7 hours ago, Fours said:

Fours is Right. Sorry brothers 

Pros;

-They get jetpacks? For real i don't see any.

Cons:

-Not Needed

-Its not really lore friendly, as fourd stated they used it during 1 or 2 missions and in phase 1.

Sorry but gotta -1 it :(

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

Gosh, nowadays jet pack are just being given out like candy with whole squadrons getting them. WIth the 91st, we had to fight tooth and nail to get a single job with jetpacks. And then we got removed.

Anyways, I'll say that I'm neutral. Jetpacks should be a bit more of an exclusive thing.

• Agree 3
9 minutes ago, conillim said:

Tc get less then anything else in 501st. They need something to make them the elite force they are. Expanding on my +1 earlier with a reasoning. 

GC doesn't get anything, Wolfpack doesn't get anything, KU doesn't get anything. 

WAS MEDIC

8 minutes ago, Medic said:

GC doesn't get anything, Wolfpack doesn't get anything, KU doesn't get anything. 

Let me rephrase. Tc gets less then the basic 501st. Missing weapons that every 501st trooper has. That’s the issue. And why I +1 because you’re punished for joining torrent company as of right now.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

9 minutes ago, Medic said:

For real though "Elite" companies should have something differentiating them from the main force, despite that I personally believe since we already have plenty of Jetpack jobs this is not necessary for TC 

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

1 minute ago, Nade Jones said:

For real though "Elite" companies should have something differentiating them from the main force, despite that I personally believe since we already have plenty of Jetpack jobs this is not necessary for TC 

But  right now tc troopers do. They have less then the main force of 501st trooper does. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

3 minutes ago, conillim said:

Let me rephrase. Tc gets less then the basic 501st. Missing weapons that every 501st trooper has. That’s the issue. And why I +1 because you’re punished for joining torrent company as of right now.  

Then make a suggestion to fix it first than adding something in that isn't needed as of now.

WAS MEDIC

• Retired Founder

ɪ ᴀᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs.
ᴄʟᴏɴᴇs ᴏɴʟʏ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴊᴇᴛᴘᴀᴄᴋs ᴏɴ ᴍɪssɪᴏɴs ɴᴇssᴇᴄᴀʀʏ ᴜɴʟᴇss ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙᴀᴛᴛᴀʟɪᴏɴ ᴡᴀs ʙᴀsᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴊᴇᴛᴘᴀᴄᴋs ᴏʀ ɢʀᴀᴘᴘʟᴇs.
ɪғ ɪ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴛᴄ ᴊᴇᴛᴘᴀᴄᴋs ᴛʜᴇɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅᴀʀᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴄʟᴀssᴇs sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴊᴇᴛᴘᴀᴄᴋs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ɪssᴜᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴊᴇᴛᴘᴀᴄᴋ.

ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟʟ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴛᴘᴀᴄᴋs. ɴᴏ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.