Does anyone have tips for studying?

Ccmonty

So as I either have told some of you, or you probably guessed, ya boy has insane ADHD as well as Aspergers and some other stuff thats not relevant to this. Anyways I'm in college now and am taking my first class I'm actually needing to study for. I have never been able to study ever in my life. Does anyone have any tips I just spent 2 1/2 hours studying and taking an exam only to get a 60-70/100 on it ya boy is suffering

• 2 weeks later...

I find being on Campus, paired with music with no lyrics is the perfect combination. But that is my personal way of doing it, it ultimately is down to you. Some people study at home and have a binge series in the background or if you have friends, then some people just find group studying sessions useful.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Just put subway surfers on in the background

Real note - I sucked at exams in high school and found a method that worked for me through brute force. I used Quizlet, put all the questions that would be on the test/quiz & used their test feature, and just kept doing it until I got 100% back to back. I started getting like 2% and would be taking the tests in an hour. Super quick easy method. 

Edited by Xaze

music gum and relax. 

I think theres some scientific thing where mint helps your brain kick into gear 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

as I, a fellow ADHD'r, I find the best way to get things done is putting yourself in a place where you have no choice but to do the work. When you are surrounded by things that can distract you or something you'd rather be doing more than studying you will focus on that, going to a place where there is nothing to do but study is what helped me the most in my academic career.

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2