Buff (Unnerf) the bacta kit

The_Real_Tucker

Name: Tucker

RP Rank: SFC

Suggestion: Buff the Bacta Kit back to the rate that it originally healed at. It feels like it almost got halved.
weapon_bactakit

Implementation: I guess a developer would just change a value for the weapon, I'm not sure how that works.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: 
N/A?

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Weapons:
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: I feel like this nerf to the bacta kit was unnecessary, and hinders medics. It takes much longer to fully heal someone who is almost dead back to full hp. I noticed that medics also get 4 medical syringes now instead of just the two, so maybe a nerf to the bacta kit was meant to balance it out, but I think many people including myself would rather just have a better bacta kit. I rarely if ever use the medical syringes, they're a pain.

• Friendly 1
Forum Admin

Not much can be done to slow the pace of players during events. I like this change, that it forces a more tactical playstyle and doesn’t encourage the “run-and-gun” mindset which can ruin the experience for others. The buff of syringes still allows someone to get right back into the fight with a larger heal. 

• Informative 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Agreed with Guac, plus I was always sick of seeing people never dying too often.  Clones should die!!

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

The heal rate previously was sort of busted, that shit was really fast and it was never an incentive to not get hurt. Getting shot fucks you up and the medpack is supposed to be a stand in for field medic stitches and bacta gel whereas the syringe is like a magic mixture that near instant heals you. An instant heal source should not be less effective than the infinite supply. More syringes means the medic can stay out longer and the pack means they are forced to make a choice between quick heals on limited supply or setting up for the long heals.
People need to take damage and know it's a genuine set back, I know it makes medics jobs more work but it would incentivise people getting into medic and more refined combat styles.

Edited by Comics
  • Winner 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Instead of asking for a full revision, why not settle for a half buff? Cut the nerf in half and see how it feels. I think it should heal a little faster, but from what i've seen how it used to be was way too fast.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

On 1/31/2023 at 8:27 AM, Comics said:

People need to take damage and know it's a genuine set back

I'd agree with you, if death felt like a set back. If it takes less time to respawn then it does waiting to get healed i'm just gonna let myself die every time and come back with full health/armor/ammo. If you have a tac waiting to be healed feels like a waste of time if it takes too long, and even without a tac running back from bunks might be better then waiting since you get armor/ammo back as well.

I will never wait to get healed if healing takes too long, its more fun objectively to just die and respawn. Even if thats not what players should do, its what they will do. I think healing/health/respawn/ammo needs to be looked at as a whole to make it feel punishing, but not overbearing, if we want a more realistic meaningful approach to combat. Just nerfing/buffing medkit isn't the answer.

Edited by Conrad
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dumb 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

staff + GM just needs to start cracking down and enforcing more subtle rules like the tac insert rules. Ppl already are not allowed to place tacs outside base without gm perms, yet barely anyone enforces it. 

The medkit is balanced, people take time to heal and honestly I wish we had an actual medical system that would be like a pop up minigame to heal someone (something like the old eod system). What actually needs to be nerfed is the op Jedi healing and Jedi group heal. But the jedi force abilities are such a complex issue that has been talked about being worked on for the past year+ with 0 implementations to fix it. If the clone medics want to feel more useful, jedi needs to be reworked so they aren't the second coming of jesus walking around insta healing everyone.

The medkit is fine, leave it how it is.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Forum Admin
5 hours ago, Conrad said:

I'd agree with you, if death felt like a set back. If it takes less time to respawn then it does waiting to get healed i'm just gonna let myself die every time and come back with full health/armor/ammo. If you have a tac waiting to be healed feels like a waste of time if it takes too long, and even without a tac running back from bunks might be better then waiting since you get armor/ammo back as well.

I will never wait to get healed if healing takes too long, it’s more fun objectively to just die and respawn. Even if thats not what players should do, it’s what they will do.

And yet that death and running back will still result in the desired effect, a slower pace at which players go through events. I don’t know why you are throwing around the term “objectively” either? This FPS mindset is what has plagued our player base, and puts a strain our GM and staff team constantly. 

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

54 minutes ago, Guac said:

And yet that death and running back will still result in the desired effect, a slower pace at which players go through events. I don’t know why you are throwing around the term “objectively” either? This FPS mindset is what has plagued our player base, and puts a strain our GM and staff team constantly. 

But what about things like tacs. Many players have access given their cheap price. They completely ruin this mindset. 
I will say I’m viewing this solely from a shooting things in courtyard/base perspective. Because that’s where fighting happeneds most of the time. This nerf does make it more impactful for being off base, but both those don’t matter when you have a tac down 2 feet from the combat situation. 
I also want to bring up one other point. And that’s how fun it is to be a medic with a super nerfed med kit. Sitting still for a minute healing one person isn’t interesting game play. We’ve had points on the server where med kit is bad and it leads to people leaving the branch because it’s not fun to sit still and heal someone. 

Edited by Conrad
  • Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.