Allow Fill ins

Mystic

Name: Mystic 

RP Rank: BCMD

Suggestion: Allow people with the proper experience to get on the server with Director + permission to fill in our vacant positions for strictly RP purposes. 

Implementation: None, Just approval from the proper High Staff. They wouldn't have power over the factions except in RP and would only be in the position that isn't applied for/isn't filled to prevent jealousy from applicants.

Lore: The GAR always had a full High Command.

Adding onto this, maybe people with proper clearance want to RP as the character before they apply. Alot of people might be scared to apply due to lack of interaction, or the feeling theyre stepping into the wrong shoes, not only would this possibly bring more old players back who are interested in roleplaying once or twice a week on a certain character, but it could also bring some structure and integrity to battalions or factions that are missing a substantial part of their RP

• Agree 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

I was under the impression directors could already do this. Its not uncommon for big events such as last night for players to get permission to go on jobs they're usually not allowed on. For example in the jedi order i've been given permission to be anakin numerous times when I wasn't him by different yoda's, or during order 66 events directors/GMC giving permission to be characters so the big names where filled.
So if anything I think this suggestion could become more expansive then its current state, and allow for more then just "with director permission", because to me it seems like they already have this power.

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I was under the impression directors could already do this. Its not uncommon for big events such as last night for players to get permission to go on jobs they're usually not allowed on. For example in the jedi order i've been given permission to be anakin numerous times when I wasn't him by different yoda's, or during order 66 events directors/GMC giving permission to be characters so the big names where filled.
So if anything I think this suggestion could become more expansive then its current state, and allow for more then just "with director permission", because to me it seems like they already have this power.

Of course, this is already possible.  I just want it to be more common place and more often. Even for not so big events.  The amount of RP that came last night from having an almost full HC was crazy. It could be used on a much smaller scale the same way. It seems everyone I spoke with that was a somewhat returning player that day had a blast and that was a reason why. 

Thinking about it, What do you suggest as far as who can let them be on the job? If we want to make it more expansive what rank do you think should be able to allow them on the job? I only stated director ofc because they're kinda the CWRP overseers.

Edited by Mystic

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

This was technically a thing when I was director and I don't believe it was ever removed. I assume your asking for it to be more widely accepted and use? 

The only reason I didn't approve of it in the past was due to the work it takes for people to earn these positions. Either way server needs more rp +1

Edited by Gears

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

11 minutes ago, Mystic said:

Thinking about it, What do you suggest as far as who can let them be on the job? If we want to make it more expansive what rank do you think should be able to allow them on the job? I only stated director ofc because they're kinda the CWRP overseers.

I think the rule change should be for High command to be able to grant lore positions for things under them in the hierarchy. As well as changing it so that BCMD/XO/CMD of a battalion or faction doing the same for lore characters in their group if needed. Now the only issue I have is "what about positions that are filled by someone else". Could someone feel insulted that someone got their position for the day? Could they be mad they wheren't consulted. For open positions it should definitly be more lax, but for filled positions these are things to watch out for.

spacer.pngspacer.png

37 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I think the rule change should be for High command to be able to grant lore positions for things under them in the hierarchy. As well as changing it so that BCMD/XO/CMD of a battalion or faction doing the same for lore characters in their group if needed. Now the only issue I have is "what about positions that are filled by someone else". Could someone feel insulted that someone got their position for the day? Could they be mad they wheren't consulted. For open positions it should definitly be more lax, but for filled positions these are things to watch out for.

I was tired when i wrote this suggestion at like 4 am, i didnt want to sleep and forget it, but i think i mentioned this should only be for open positions and positions that don't have applications for them currently. 

As for your method, i agree. If they want to allow HC to make the choice that would be a good idea.

1 hour ago, Gears said:

This was technically a thing when I was director and I don't believe it was ever removed.

3 hours ago, Conrad said:

I was under the impression directors could already do this.

7 hours ago, Mystic said:

Allow people with the proper experience to get on the server with Director + permission to fill in our vacant positions for strictly RP purposes. 

As stated by a few this is already a thing, if you just want it be more common ask @Marvelmore often or even myself or @Woeny now if you want to change what rank can approve it then that's a whole different suggestion then what you have up now. 

2 minutes ago, Maddoxx said:

As stated by a few this is already a thing, if you just want it be more common ask @Marvelmore often or even myself or @Woeny now if you want to change what rank can approve it then that's a whole different suggestion then what you have up now. 

I had no idea that this was still a thing. As i've only seen it happen yesterday. Go ahead and close this ill change my suggestion and put it up later.

• Agree 1