Battalion specific quests

Conrad

Name: Conrad 

Quest Name: intro to X battalion 

Quest Description: give each battalion a quest that gives them a brief introduction to their battalion. highlighting things like their lore characters, battalions specialization, and some other generic info  you can set up guys that spawn in all over the map of different lore characters specific to their battalion for them to go and find and talk to to get this information  

Which Faction(s) is it for: clones. But could work for all groups potentially. 

What would be required for it: a good bit of work setting up all the different characters, but it would be pretty copy and paste between all the battalions with different flavor text and who the lore characters are  

Any additional information:

spacer.pngspacer.png

4 minutes ago, Luther said:

What if instead, we added a information board like the defcon board in the CC room that highlights all battalions. This would also be a good option.

This is just not nearly as cool as being able to go around and “meet” all the big faces of your battalion. This quest is a cool way for new players to get acquainted with our battalions and really show off this new quest system at the same time. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Additionally I think something like this will help show off the lore characters we have on the server. Before we would direct new players to the f4 menu to show off. Now we have no way of doing that. By putting those characters in this quest we can fulfill that criteria as well to hopefully help them know what’s available and decide who they might want to try and become!

spacer.pngspacer.png

8 minutes ago, Conrad said:

This is just not nearly as cool as being able to go around and “meet” all the big faces of your battalion. This quest is a cool way for new players to get acquainted with our battalions and really show off this new quest system at the same time. 

How would this work if someone was offline?

Additionally, i agree. I think @Woenywas trying to do something similar with Jedi and that tablet quest, giving a brief description of the branches and what they do.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

3 minutes ago, Mystic said:

How would this work if someone was offline?

Additionally, i agree. I think @Woenywas trying to do something similar with Jedi and that tablet quest, giving a brief description of the branches and what they do.

It wouldn’t be the actual player. It would be a npc (think dead clone in the medic quest) that is textured like the player. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Just now, Conrad said:

It wouldn’t be the actual player. It would be a npc (think dead clone in the medic quest) that is textured like the player. 

i see. Doing this NPC thing to the full extent of each lore character can cause quite abit of unecessary lag, how would you propose they prevent that? Just wondering how far ahead you've thought this out

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

imagine quests replacing battalion tryouts

this would be actually kinda cool

7 minutes ago, Mystic said:

i see. Doing this NPC thing to the full extent of each lore character can cause quite abit of unecessary lag, how would you propose they prevent that? Just wondering how far ahead you've thought this out

Make the quest not repeatable or repeatable after a long period of time (more then a month, probably half a year in as a “I stopped playing and came back” sort of thing). This isn’t a quest for veterans it’s for the new players. I’d be surprised if more then 1 or 2 of these would get run at any given time outside of initial release where people would flock to it. In that case just release one battalion at a time to stagger it. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Just now, Conrad said:

Make the quest not repeatable or repeatable after a long period of time (more then a month). This isn’t a quest for veterans it’s for the new players. I’d be surprised if more then 1 or 2 of these would get run at any given time outside of initial release where people would flock to it. In that case just release one battalion at a time to stagger it. 

alternatively, after experiencing a bit of the testing, i agree with your implementation, adding it so only maybe 5 people can do it at a time, and they can make it so 1 character despawns/respawns after a step. 

At the end of the day, if they can optimize it to be no issue i think this is a cool idea, and a step up from the F4 menu. +1

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Ill set up a quest giving brief description of battlions really good idea

The lore characters and such would be alot of entites down as each one counts as 1 

Later i can do one describing regiments i wouldnt mind doing that but from what i know when people are being recruited they are briefed on what the regiments within the battalion are no?
@Conrad

8 minutes ago, Woeny said:

Ill set up a quest giving brief description of battlions really good idea

The lore characters and such would be alot of entites down as each one counts as 1 

Later i can do one describing regiments i wouldnt mind doing that but from what i know when people are being recruited they are briefed on what the regiments within the battalion are no?
@Conrad

I think he means a fresh CT, not someone doing a batt tryout, it makes it hard to pick what battalion you'd want just by going to each person and asking what they do and what they offer. I think alot would love to read something and pick 

• Winner 1

8 minutes ago, Woeny said:

@Conrad

So my idea with this is something that isn’t really something for clones in battalions. While they might get briefed about the batt when joining it I was more thinking of a way to have CTs get information without trying to be poached or something from a bat. Maybe a good way to keep the entities down would be to make this quest CT only. That would keep the amount of people doing this quest to a minimum and thus reduce the lag. 

I’ll be on in like 10 if you need me to explain in ts @Woeny

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

So my idea with this is something that isn’t really something for clones in battalions. While they might get briefed about the batt when joining it I was more thinking of a way to have CTs get information without trying to be poached or something from a bat. Maybe a good way to keep the entities down would be to make this quest CT only. That would keep the amount of people doing this quest to a minimum and thus reduce the lag. 

I’ll be on in like 10 if you need me to explain in ts @Woeny

lets be honest, alot of us are biased towards our own batts and want them to join us!

• 1 year later...