GregRocks

Steam Name: Lovestruck | Synr.gg

(Waived by Directors)

RP Name: Jedi Master Jocasta Nu | Senator Bail Organa

RP Rank: Jedi Council, Senator

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:180469543

Experience:

[Jedi Sage Manager | 2/26/2022 - 3/25/2022 ]

Initially when I joined Synergy, I immediately purchased VIP and went for Jedi. That night, I waited in the temple for 14 hours until a Jedi Master agreed to host a youngling trial for me. Nearly immediately, I joined Consular and went for Sage. I passed these trials on my first go, when these trials were notoriously difficult in the Order. A week later I received the rank of Sage Manager, where I was able to get my first real taste of leadership. From then I spent my time and energy recruiting and promoting people within the branch, which at the time was without any stable leadership. There was no lead at the time, and Katy, the Consular Master at the time, was not even sure if she really held the position of Master until much later after I joined. This position was the baseline for the rest of my time in the Order.

[Jedi Consular Lead - Consular Master | 3/25/2022 - Present]

Not long after I passed my Jedi Knight trials, the Order had decided to open the position of Consular Lead to the Manager team of Consular. The Sage Manager Lead at the time was inactive and had no interest in the position, and eventually the competition for the position stepped down, leaving me unopposed. With this position, I was finally able to take matters with Consular into my own hand, and I immediately started promoting managers to host for Consular. During this time, I removed and replaced the inactive managers, as well as found a 2IC to help me with Consular. I worked with other branches to help extend branches of roleplay, and lead several events for Consular or mix branch deployments. I also had the opportunity to take the future of Consular into my own hands, redoing the outdated and leaked Sage Trial document, as well as helping with a Force Healing Roleplay guideline, and creating an entire new directory for Consular, which is still currently used. Later, when the Consular Master position was opened and I had achieved Jedi Master, I was given the position almost immediately as I applied. I’ve recently appointed a new Lead, and will have the opportunity to entirely oversee the branch and it’s success.

[104th Jedi - 2LT - 1LT | 4/23/2022 - Present]

Before I received the rank of Jedi Master, I jumped between a few battalions. I never really participated in them much due to my focus with Consular, but once I joined 104th that changed. Since then, I’ve been actively participating as an Officer in 104th, interacting with the battalion, recruiting new members, attending Officer meetings, and leading the lower ranks in the battalion. 104th has felt like a home, and became a branch for me to get familiar and comfortable with leading troops as well as Jedi. Since then I’ve participated and assembled joint comms and trainings with DU and other siege branches. My time in 104th has been amazing thus far, and I feel like a genuine better leader because of the unique leadership positions it has introduced to me.

[Jedi Master/Council - Jocasta Nu | 4/21/2022 - Present]

Probably being one of my greater achievements on Synergy, and having been alluded to in my other past experience is my time as Jedi Master. After spending several months grinding Jedi, getting familiar with all of it’s processes and people, and learning the way it was run, I was granted the rank of Jedi Master, and later Jedi Counil.. Since then, I’ve already seen into a deeper level of the Order, and have been able to make and help make significant changes to the Jedi Order which will stick around forever, such as entirely redoing the Mission Board rules, being granted the rank of Consular Master, and having participated in council votes and meetings to help bring a better future to the Jedi Order. In this position, I’ve been able to better reach out to the players, and have taken on a much larger leadership position. I’ve learned to work with battalions, host trainings for Jedi Younglings and Padawans, and take these experiences and make suggestions and changes to the Jedi Order based upon them. To me, Jedi Master is a sign that you have officially mastered your skills as a Jedi on Synergy, and the Jedi Council and High Command has felt you ready to partake, lead, and help make the large, long lasting changes to the Jedi Order that will remain within it’s history forever. Being a Jedi Master, you are given the position to make a permanent mark on the order, and I feel like this has brought me to a point where I feel confident enough on Synergy and in my own competency to take on higher and more in-depth positions.

Why should you become Grand Master?:
As mentioned earlier, as soon as I joined Synergy, I joined Jedi. Ever since then, Jedi has been my main, and my largest focus on Synergy. The Jedi Order on Synergy has been a second home to me for as long as I’ve been here, and it is one of my genuine passions in my life and free time. Putting hours of time and effort into making the Jedi Order a better place for all of the users within it has been my greatest goal and my number one want, and as Grand Master I could take these goals to new heights. As great as the Jedi Order is right, now, there will always be room for improvements to help all Jedi, be it their main or not, feel like they have a true place in the Jedi, and that they are significant to the Order. As the Grand Master, I can head one of the largest and most successful times of the Jedi Order, and I can bring about changes that both the community and the High Command will support and learn to enjoy.

To me, Jedi Grand Master is more than just the leader of the Jedi. Grand Master is a large figure who should not only help and focus on Jedi, but should work with Synergy as a whole. For a long time I feel that the Yoda in Synergy has mainly focused on Jedi, which in and of itself is not a problem by any stretch, but this has been at the expense of reaching out and interacting with the rest of Synergy. As the Jedi Grand Master, I know that I can not only help the Jedi Order, but help Synergy as a whole. The position of Grand Master is so much larger than just Jedi, and it should be treated as such. I will treat it as such.

A lot of Synergy is run by old-time players who have been here for years. These players are some of the most important in the community, and Synergy could not function without them. I realize that I am not one of these players, which is not typical of players who go for these large leadership positions, but I believe this will not be as much of a bad thing as it will be a good thing. Old players are important. They have the experience and the time in Synergy to be able to determine the best actions with reasonable accuracy. However, many of these old players are only familiar with the older players, and struggle with connecting fully with the newer players of Synergy due to the overabundance, to no fault of their own. This also leaves them susceptible to the feeling of “if it aint broke, don’t fix it” with old systems that sure, they work, but not very well because that’s how they’ve always done things. As a newer player to Synergy, I’d be in an unbelievably unique position to break through these major problems. Without a connection between High Command and the newer players of Synergy, the future of Synergy will be hard to change for the better. The new players of Synergy are the future, and they should all feel like a connection with the High Command is something achievable to them, and not like these people are too high to reach. I’ve felt this myself in my time on Synergy thus far, where old players are always interacting with older players, and sometimes we are shut out from important discussions, or our opinions go entirely unheard due to the large disconnect of newer players and older players. I can bring a unique level of connection to the High Command from the newer players of Synergy, who can see flaws in Synergy that older players cannot. Transitioning to the second large problem on a similar note, there are major flaws in Synergy that are being overlooked due to older players being used to these systems, or rather having the mentality of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” when they only just work, not work well. As a newer player that hasn’t been here for years as opposed to most of the High Command, I’ll be able to not only challenge some of these long-standing systems that may have worked back then but don’t work as well now due to time and other changes, but I will be able to bring about the future of Synergy in a way that no one else could, with deep connections to the newer players of Synergy. To tomorrow’s leaders of Synergy. To the future of all of Synergy.

Do you understand the lore of the Jedi Order (as relevant to Clone Wars)?

Yes.

Availability:
Mon-Fri 3:30PM - 9:30PM (EST)
Sat-Sun 9:30AM - 9:30PM (EST)
(May very based on real life events)

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

Jedi Sage & Sage Manager

Consular Lead
Consular Master
Granted usage of the Pink Crystal
New Admin
Senator Bail Organa

Senator Aang

104th Jedi 2LT
Jedi Master
A’Sharad Hett

Jocasta Nu

Remade Jedi Sage trials

Rewrote Jedi Mission Board rules
Had Cal Kestis re-added to the Jedi Order

Do you have a microphone?

Yes.

Where do you want the Jedi Order to be at the end of your term?:

As it stands now, the Jedi Order is fairly stable, but that can constantly change. By the end of my term, I hope for Jedi to have a stronger, more active presence on the server. I want to have a Jedi Order that is fun, interactive, and not painful to get through. Enjoyable and active at EVERY rank of the Jedi Order, from the bottom to the top.

While Jedi is doing very well right now activity-wise, I feel they function more as a military cell or a battalion rather than a Jedi Order. Not to mention, Jedi are fairly uncontrolled as it is. I want to bring about a time where Jedi function more as Jedi than as mindless droid choppers. I believe it is important for every Jedi to believe in what they’re doing as a Jedi, and to attempt to further their roleplay as a Jedi, as opposed to a clone or an unstoppable droid-killing force. Jedi should not be jumping in and leaving a wake of destruction in their path, leaving nothing left for the clones to do.

Stability. For a long time, sections of the Jedi Order, or the Jedi Order as a whole have been unstable. From general activity, to a sense of roleplay, to even lore character and rank changes, things constantly change. I want to create a sense of stability with not only every section of the Jedi Order. Not by uprooting and undoing the work of Yoda’s past, but by altering the surrounding systems to work with these changes, or creating new systems to help. What we have now is great, but it lacks stability. The only reason these large changes keep happening is because we don’t make any small changes to balance them. Large changes aren’t always the answer, sometimes a little bit of elbow grease is the only thing needed to bring everlasting stability.

How do you plan to improve relations within the Jedi Order between branches?:
Right now, every branch in the Jedi Order is incredibly unstable. This being due to leadership changes, resignations, whatever it may be. I believe this can be remedied by normalizing branches helping other branches. Right now, it feels like all of the branches are against each other. While a little bit of competition is healthy, this has gotten to a point where none of the branches work together whatsoever. I believe normalizing cooperativeness with events, joint trainings, and cooperation from the Master team, the branches will learn to work together. I believe this will help stabilization.

One important way I want to improve relations is by having all Masters actively participate in the branches. Right now, there is a very old and I believe unreasonable expectation that if you are a Jedi Master, you should no longer participate in or hold a leadership position in a branch. This is because these positions ‘should be for Knights’. This mentality makes sense in a world where the branches are stable and have full management positions, but this is currently far from the truth. Right now, there is not a single branch with a full manager team, or even a Lead or Manager Lead. Due to this mentality, Masters never help or participate in branches. I believe this will not only help stability, but will improve relations greatly knowing that they are all held together by the Jedi Master team. Having Jedi Masters participate in branch work will bring a new sense of visibility and togetherness in the branches, and may even bring about long-lasting changes to the branches that will help endlessly.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your Grand Master rank?:

Yes.

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

Head Admin

I would -1 because then you stay the grandma for roleplay, but +1. Good luck with your application ! :)

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

Just now, Rohan said:

I would -1 because then you stay the grandma for roleplay

If I get it I'll miss Grandma, but she'll return one day...

• Funny 1

Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

I haven't really talked with you much, on top of that, you are extremly new to the community. Looking at your app, you joined 3 months ago. A position like this needs a lot more time. However after reading your app I don't think it matters too much. You really sold me in the part in which you talked about old players running everything and you wanting to change that. Good Luck g +1.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Certified G

+1 I believe you could use more experience, but you have some fantastic Masters to help you along. I trust you to make the right calls. I've been able to rely on you so far for things and you've been doing great as Master. Good luck!

(- YODA BTW)

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

+1 Go get it

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

26 minutes ago, Katy said:

+1 I believe you could use more experience, but you have some fantastic Masters to help you along. I trust you to make the right calls. I've been able to rely on you so far for things and you've been doing great as Master. Good luck!

(- YODA BTW)

erm.. dont lie you are not yoda. +1 anyways

Future Dev. Assistant

+1 deserves an interview at the least

Edited by Shrimp

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Banned

+1 :pepe1IQ:

Current: Jedi Master Diplomat Saesee Tiin + Alpha-78 Valiant  ||  Former: CF99 Tech | DS Rys | RT Bigmouth | 327th PFC Vindin

+1 go get that interview

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

9 minutes ago, Dono said:

+1 good luck on the interview, I just hope you have more to talk about cuz the order has more problems than what is listed here. 

Have no worries. I have much more!

Your RP is really good and would love to see a more RP based Jedi program. With someone like you in place I have no doubt of that happening! 
+1!

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED