AV-7 Upgrade

Willyworm1

Name: Willy

RP Rank: Executive Officer

Suggestion: Improve the minor issues of the AV-7 that makes it difficult to use by buffing parts of it's mobility.

Implementation: Increase the turning speed of The AV-7 by a considerable amount so that the gun can be useful and lock on a target more efficiently, since this is an item that all troopers can be trained to use, this suggestion will benefit everyone that gets the training and make these more usable for more operations.

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/AV-7_Antivehicle_Cannon 

Workshop content if applicable: Requires Development (just the AV-7 in the LFS pack added to the server)
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: (Optional additional change) If we could somehow make it so that the feet could either retract and allow the cannon to float (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Repulsorlift) or just make it so that the AV-7 can move without the feet being altered. The movement speed would be very slow and we would make it so players would be prohibited from using it to walk long distances, only using it for short distance relocation. The main reason is because this item in lore was able to move on it's own and then dig its feet into the ground when it is at a suitable spot and then fire. Obviously we would need to make it so that the cannon cannot fire while moving, or just make it failRP. 

This second modification listed under "Other" is optional and if you don't like it, please specify that instead of -1ing the whole of the suggestion, I can remove that part if need be. If you are curious to why we should increase the turning speed, please try the AV-7 out for yourself.

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

22 hours ago, Logicless said:

If this is possible +1

The main change of turning speed should be possible, I talked with maxwells about it a little while back, but idk if it can be made to move slowly.

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

If possible I would ask to add a Hud/Gui to allow the AV-7 to aim better (I.e. like vertical angle display/"Azimuth" or something that lets you see the ARC of the shot as well as the estimated impact area). That way we could hit things more accurately, but idk how easy that would be.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Willyworm1 said:

If possible I would ask to add a Hud/Gui to allow the AV-7 to aim better (I.e. like vertical angle display/"Azimuth" or something that lets you see the ARC of the shot as well as the estimated impact area). That way we could hit things more accurately, but idk how easy that would be.

By god if this was done the AV-7 would become fucking amazing. At the very least, a elevation and azimuth function would revolutionize the AV-7 because from their, DU could go in and actually create a range table for how far the av-7 shoots with an actual elevation counter(angle of the gun). 

spacer.png

• 2 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

We can increase the turning speed but I am not going to make it so it can walk. At that point it would just be another tank or atte which doesn't make much sense for cannon. It can be picked up and moved around using the Laat that can pickup vehicles. As far as a HUD is concerned and calculating trajectory, that's a pretty complex task and probably something the maker of the addon would have to incorporate. Will look into it but making no promises as far as that's concerned. Moving to accepted though. 

• Founder
Founder

Accepted

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.