Cyan's Game Master Application

TheCyan

---- Information Section ----

Name: Cyan
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:67176800
Current Staff Rank: Admin
Are you Currently a GH?: Yes.
How long have you played on the server? [Hours]: 1791:37:41
From 1-10, what would you rate your knowledge of the Clone Wars?: 7-8.
Do you understand that if you are inactive, you will be removed from the program?: Yes.

---- Application Section ----
Why do you want to join the Gamemaster team?: I have always enjoyed Synergy events that have a lot of thought and story to them. Not every single event can be a 10/10, however I believe that if I am able to become a Game Master, I will be able to run more thoughtful events that not only create RP, but are also fun and that players able to immerse themselves into the event. Some of my inspirations in the GM team are Jake, who makes large events with branching storylines; Heart, who uses many clever GMOD features to make the events more immersive and creative; and Shockpoint, who understands the importance of having fun and enjoying the event you are participating in. I understand that I may not have the most experience in the GM program, however I promise to be fully dedicated to creating meaningful stories and events that will add to some of Synergy's best events. 
Do you have any suggestions for the gamemaster team?: My only suggestions to the current Gamemaster team is to not be afraid to try new things. There are always aspects that work very will for the players in the event, and some things that turn out to just be lacking. For example, when non-lore jobs (such as Commandos or Death Watch) are able to just "Hyperspace away" or "Disappear", it creates a sense of helplessness in the participants of the event, where they think that the outcome would have been the same even with different actions. Elements like this do not typically work, however elements where the player's action affect the outcome are typically very positively regarded. For example, when someone is able to successfully negotiate with civilian forces on the planet to rise up against the CIS, thus making it easier to complete the mission. This is an example of an aspect that works well for the participants of the event.
Link us to a document for an event that you will execute as a gamemaster: 
The Ember Green Virus

Links to past Encounters that I have hosted:

Links to some Events/Encounters I have assisted with: 

If you are reading to here, thank you for doing so! I appreciate you reading this application.

Edited by TheCyan
-Forgot an encounter: "Thwarting Trandoshians"
  • Confused 1

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

Damn. Cyan? Making events? Whats happening.... +1

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.