Why does people take this shit too seriously

This is a game lads, don’t take petty drama and fuck other people with it like honestly. ENJOY REAL LIFE THIS SHIT IS NOT A FUCKING JOB OR CAN NOT HELP IN YOUR CARRER DOWN THE FUCKING ROAD. Also yeet motherfuckas stay save and spend more times with love ones during all of this. Forseen don’t get mad with this post someone had to say it.

• Agree 4
  • Winner 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

For a lot of people, this is more than a game. A lot more than a game. Not everyone has a great social life irl and this community honestly helps fill a gap that a lot of people have. People make real friends here, you don't see that kind of stuff from "just a game."

• Winner 5
  • Friendly 3

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

3 hours ago, Fizzik said:

For a lot of people, this is more than a game. A lot more than a game. Not everyone has a great social life irl and this community honestly helps fill a gap that a lot of people have. People make real friends here, you don't see that kind of stuff from "just a game."

If this is more then just a game then thats a problem. Garrys mod isnt the reason people make friends here, you make friends because of teamspeak and you just so happen to be playing Gmod.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, A-a-ron said:

If this is more then just a game then thats a problem. Garrys mod isnt the reason people make friends here, you make friends because of teamspeak and you just so happen to be playing Gmod.

Completely went over your head. You can make friends anywhere, even in a video game like Gmod. I've heard people getting married over Gmod, WoW, CoD and all that shit.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, [SR] Maverick said:

Completely went over your head. You can make friends anywhere, even in a video game like Gmod. I've heard people getting married over Gmod, WoW, CoD and all that shit.

Yeah, thats why I said Gmod isnt the reason, the reason in this community is Teamspeak. Maybe if you took more then 3 seconds to understand what i said you'd realize that.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, A-a-ron said:

Yeah, thats why I said Gmod isnt the reason, the reason in this community is Teamspeak. Maybe if you took more then 3 seconds to understand what i said you'd realize that.

Yeah, gmod is just a game, but synergy isn't.

• Agree 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

22 hours ago, KillJoy said:

This is a game lads, don’t take petty drama and fuck other people with it like honestly. ENJOY REAL LIFE THIS SHIT IS NOT A FUCKING JOB OR CAN NOT HELP IN YOUR CARRER DOWN THE FUCKING ROAD. Also yeet motherfuckas stay save and spend more times with love ones during all of this. Forseen don’t get mad with this post someone had to say it.

Damn man gotta agree with shit yall take it like its life or death yall take this gmod shit to serious. Also some people just dont know when to chill. And to what fizzik said i personally have a bad social life but i dont go out of my way to ruin the community for people or make there time unijoyible ive seen it happen way to many times in the past 4 or 5 years ive been playing swrp. And the amount of time i spent either developing or playing gmod just to get shit on it kinda suck but in all gmod can help people and it has helped me befor and i love the game

Edited by DracoOdinson
23 hours ago, KillJoy said:

Actually, there have been people within this community who have held high positions and actually put them on job applications. Believe it or not, it actually helped them get the job they were applying for. You shouldn't be jumping to any conclusions on subjects related to the server in which you clearly have no actual understanding of. This server and community for many, is something to distract themselves from the stress and pain of the real world, and as others on this thread have said, people have made some genuine friends out of this community, some even met up in person before. When drama happens within the community it's often a result of both party's care for the server and its player base, because again, this community is an environment in which many have made friends, memories, and a place to go when real life gets overwhelming. 

Also I don't really know what you mean by "someone had to say it". What you stated here on this post makes no sense and is objectively incorrect, with the exception being the implication that spending time with loved ones is important nowadays.

Personally, real life has never been enough of a struggle to warrant me feeling genuine care for a video game and I consider myself quite lucky for that. However I completely understand why others would, and I hope you eventually do too, then you'll also understand why people get so invested in drama.

Mate how much drama has been on the server. Over people taking it seriously. But what do I know 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

19 hours ago, Fizzik said:

The gmod philosopher 

Though putting that aside @KillJoy it's usually just the powerplayers that start drama. Everyone else who isn't treating the server like promotion simulator could probably be ignored. But thing is that the people that are starting it to get power out if it (like Naval in the old days for example) may get it, but won't do anything with it.

Most people have a dream rank when they first join the server. Mine was Captain.  But a lot of them don't really want to do anything ambitious with it so they get bored and start stuff with other people. It's important to not let idiots dictate your mood that much, you'll just end up having a bad time.

It works for people in really high places too. For example, say there's a toxic idiot in high staff. All he's going to do is sit in a channel and moan about people he doesn't like. He's never going to do anything productive and then probably just resign. It's all easily ignored unless they're directly affecting you, and if they do it's harassment so they can't claim to be the good guy.

Keep your head on your shoulders, Killjoy. You're a good guy. Resist idiots.

• Friendly 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC