[CLOSED] Fido/Niner Commander Report

Panda

Your Name: Panda / RC 38 Delta Squad LEAD Boss

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:81654675

Commander's Name: RC 09 Omega LEAD Niner Skirata

Commander's Steam ID (OPTIONAL IF UNABLE TO FIND):STEAM_0:1:124900737

Battalion: Omega Squad

Why should this Commander be demoted?: Sorry Fido, but the time has come. Fido is not an active battalion commander AT ALL,and when he is on, he does nothing with his squad. It is literally Baxter that runs Omega Squad. Fido/Niner is not fit for the role that he currently has. We have spoken to him plenty of times, called him inactive plenty of times, yet he does not take note of our criticism. He has even said himself, that he is “barely on the server anymore because it’s so boring.” The few times we have seen him on, he isn’t doing much other than afking for cash.

Proof (VIDEOS/PICTURES/ETC): Ask anyone in Omega Squad, they can vouch for it. You can also ask almost anyone on the server and they will agree as well.

Suggestion for new Commander of that Battalion (OPTIONAL)?: Baxter

Ok, so just to give an insider’s view on the situation at hand.

I’ve been in Omega Squad for a month and some change, and when I first joined, everything was fine. Fido ran the tryouts for Omega Squad and helped with Delta Squad tryouts frequently. But as time went on, he began to get burnt out, and took a 5 day loa from the game. During those five days, Forseen and I were in charge of the squad and did what we needed to do. After his 5 day LOA was up, he was pretty active for a week or so, but then his activity started to go down. He began being MIA from the tryouts, and coupled with Chris’ absence aswell, it left only Punda and I to run our respective squads, as we were the second in command. Of the 40 or so tryouts Punda and I have held, Fido has only been at 10 or 15 of them, if I had to guess. That’s 25-37.5% of the total tryouts. This is pretty bad to say the least, as, in my opinion, the Squad Lead should run the majority of their respective squad’s tryouts, and at least try to help with the other squad’s.

Now, I’m not saying that playing other games is bad or anything like that, I play other games all the time, but RC spots are VERY limited, and there are people who strive to be in the boots of a Commando. If you’re going to be a Republic Commando, and ESPECIALLY the Squad Lead, you should find time to do things with your respective squad at least once a day.

+1

Unfortunately fido, this happens too often. You've proven time and time again after becoming ARF commander (for you new folks, arf used to be a battalion, has no correlation with rancor) that you're unfit for commander positions. I've seen you try and fail multiple times. I've got nothing against you buddy, I just think it's time for someone else to take the reigns. 

Edited by Fizzik
  • Agree 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

are you serious??? i literally am on everyday except the past two days... ive been busy but i have gotten on late at night and you only called me inactive after i got back from the last LOA i had taken... 

39 minutes ago, Baxter said:

Ok, so just to give an insider’s view on the situation at hand.

I’ve been in Omega Squad for a month and some change, and when I first joined, everything was fine. Fido ran the tryouts for Omega Squad and helped with Delta Squad tryouts frequently. But as time went on, he began to get burnt out, and took a 5 day loa from the game. During those five days, Forseen and I were in charge of the squad and did what we needed to do. After his 5 day LOA was up, he was pretty active for a week or so, but then his activity started to go down. He began being MIA from the tryouts, and coupled with Chris’ absence aswell, it left only Punda and I to run our respective squads, as we were the second in command. Of the 40 or so tryouts Punda and I have held, Fido has only been at 10 or 15 of them, if I had to guess. That’s 25-37.5% of the total tryouts. This is pretty bad to say the least, as, in my opinion, the Squad Lead should run the majority of their respective squad’s tryouts, and at least try to help with the other squad’s.

Now, I’m not saying that playing other games is bad or anything like that, I play other games all the time, but RC spots are VERY limited, and there are people who strive to be in the boots of a Commando. If you’re going to be a Republic Commando, and ESPECIALLY the Squad Lead, you should find time to do things with your respective squad at least once a day.

and i would like to say before i rewrite this for the third time yes third i deleted it twice... fuck me... heres my hours the past 2 weeks... i understand where you are coming from but i also live 3 hours behind people so when i wake up around noon 12-3O'clock its about night time for easterners and im just waking up around dinner or night time for easterners

and the tryouts of me not attending you asked if you can hold them i said yes because i trusted yall, and yall were doing them while i was asleep... and i was also staying up till like 3am doing school shit i am sorry im not on the server for 13 hours a day like i was and only like 3-4 hours because i am busy with school as i am very behind and thats completely my fault for being an idiot... and this is actually the first i am hearing of this... if you would of actually been like yo we need to talk about your activity instead of being like shut up Your inactive like what is said towards zomb and thats it i would of taken it more serious but like ive said i do see my incline in activity due to other intrests in games which are sometimes more consuming but i have still had over 200 hours the past 2 weeks in Gmod http://prntscr.com/gwrcd9 and not very much of this is on TTT at most like 8 hours total since TTT launch i also now have dedicated days in which i go to the gym because i am trying to gain weight and muscle in which today was one of those... i woke up at 6 and only got about 2 hours of sleep and was out at dinner for a birthday and yestarday my girlfriend wanted to go to the movies and see bladerunner.... i dont spend much time with her because of her work but i gotta spend some time with her... and i understand ive been here for a while...

28 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

Unfortunately fido, this happens too often. You've proven time and time again after becoming ARF commander (for you new folks, arf used to be a battalion, has no correlation with rancor) that you're unfit for commander positions. I've seen you try and fail multiple times. I've got nothing against you buddy, I just think it's time for someone else to take the reigns. 

and for this... i was never arf Commander... the last ARF commander before its removal was Ben... im sure you remember him fizzik and second i had never "failed" ive been here in RC since March if i was such a failure fizzik i wouldnt of lasted so long especialy for being niner for 5 months and a normal member as darman and FIfor 3 months... im going to try to be more active... i have had stuff happening but ive been on the past 2 weeks... just late at night... just becuase you dont see someone doesnt mean they dont get on... but then again it is up to the directors i have given my side and will not post any more but to only point out false facts as what was stated from fizzik here

Edited by Fido™
my shitty grammar
1 minute ago, Fido™ said:

are you serious??? i literally am on everyday except the past two days... ive been busy but i have gotten on late at night and you only called me inactive after i got back from the last LOA i had taken... 

and i would like to say before i rewrite this for the third time yes third i deleted it twice... fuck me... heres my hours the past 2 weeks... i understand where you are coming from but i also live 3 hours behind people so when i wake up around noon 12-3O'clock its about night time for easterners and im just waking up around dinner or night time for easterners

and the tryouts of me not attending you asked if you can hold them i said yes because i trusted yall, and yall were doing while i was not asleep...and i was also staying up till like 3am doing school shit i am sorry im not on the server for 13 hours a day like i was and only like 3-4 hours because i am busy with school as i am very behind and thats completly my fault for being an idiot... and this is actually the first i am hearing of this... if you would of actually been like yo we need to talk about your activity instead of being like Your inactive and thats it i would of taken it more serious but like ive said i do see my incline in activity due to other intrests in games which are sometimes more consuming but i have still had over 200 hours the past 2 weeks in Gmod http://prntscr.com/gwrcd9 and not very much of this is on TTT at most like 8 hours total since TTT launch i also now have dedicated days in which i go to the gym because i am trying to gain weight and muscle in which today was one of those... i woke up at 6 and only got about 2 hours of sleep and was out at dinner for a birthday and yestarday my girlfriend wanted to go to the movies and see bladerunner.... i dont spend much time with her because of her work but i gotta spend some time with her... and i understand ive been here for a while...

and for this... i was never arf Commander... the last ARF commander before its removal was Ben... im sure you remember him fizzik and second i had never "failed" ive been here in RC since March if i was such a failure fizzik i wouldnt of lasted so long especialy for being niner for 5 months and a normal member as darman and FIfor 3 months... im going to try to be more active... i have had stuff happening but ive been on the past 2 weeks... just late at night... just becuase you dont see someone doesnt mean they dont get on... but then again it is up to the directors i have given my side and will not post any more but to only point out false facts as what was stated from fizzik here

When I say commander, I mean XO (making a habit of saying commander>XO because it's changed and a fair few people don't remember XO).

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

Just now, Fizzik said:

When I say commander, I mean XO (making a habit of saying commander>XO because it's changed and a fair few people don't remember XO).

Ok then i will agree that was a failure but i had practically gone from SGM which was the highest NCO rank at the time straight to XO because of ben... i dont talk about it for a reason... i may of mentioned it in my Commander app but i have always counted it as a horrible experience as an Officer... i had no clue what i was doing

9 minutes ago, Fido™ said:

i also live 3 hours behind people so when i wake up around noon 12-3O'clock its about night time for easterners and im just waking up around dinner or night time for easterners

It is true that you live 3 hours behind the majority of the server, but It's also true that Kirara and I are on until VERY late at night, the past few days it's been until like 5 AM EST, which would be 2 AM your time. According to your 12 noon-3 PM times, that means about 3-6 EST. This leaves easterners plenty of time to pay attention to your activity.

14 minutes ago, Fido™ said:

i have still had over 200 hours the past 2 weeks in Gmod http://prntscr.com/gwrcd9 

Time logged on the server ≠ time spent doing things with your battalion/squad. Anyone on the server could have 250+ hrs logged each week but that doesn't mean they do anything while they are on.

I'll be mostly neutral on this. Especially since I have been on a mixed up sleep schedule so I haven't been around as much as Darman for the last few days. But I can say that Fido's activity has been rocky sometimes. I do seem him muted and afk quite a bit BUT I see him on late into the night playing, so that may be why I don't see him as much since I usually get off before then. The only real thing I can think of is that he has mentioned a few times that he feels like he wants to resign from Niner and I am assuming staff along with that. With that being said I feel like that is why his activity isn't AS good, and I do know what he feels. Again I don't believe he is really to the point of being downright inactive or anything. Baxter has taken charge of the squad quite a bit. So he doesn't spend as much time with the squad in those terms. But I'll admit he does seem really burned out which could be a problem, but then again it seems like most people are burned out nowadays. So really the only problem I see is that he seems burned out. I really haven't had many other problems with him.

Neutral,  i see him on quite occasionally.  Just because hes not active when the majority of the server is active, doesnt mean hes inactive as a whole.  Ive been in situations where ive been active, but since i play at abnormal times when compared to regular EST times, ive been demoted from certain positions.

Edited by Dadd

Neutral,

I see him around most days late night, (I'm three hours behind EST atm as well, so I can relate on how getting on at normal times for myself ends up being way later than percieved.) and most of the time he is doing all he can to be active.

Besides that, and while my perception on it might be different because of my running an actual battalion rather than a squad of four people, but the way I see it, the entire squad is responsible for the name, not just the squad lead. Yes, the squad lead is set apart because that person in particular is in charge of it all, but it always comes back to the simple fact that as four different individuals in one singular unit, it isn't as heavy in hampering the functionality of the squad. Buck up boys, it's not hard to perceive inactivity when the timing you want isn't there, and while it is all fine to have certain feelings about it, commander reports should be made with every other option exhausted. The squad needs more activity, and as four people, you can talk through the issues more so than a battalion, so I recommend that first.

I see Fido in the Teamspeak a lot, not sure if he's in game all the time. Is a good kid. Refuses to acknowledge my addiction to Daybreak cash as a real disease. I see him in game every time I'm on so, which isn't much. But if I see him, who's the meme here?

-1. I personally see Fido a lot all the time and I know that is is rough because I'm not a member of Delta or Omega Squad but I do believe that yes Fido could be more active but I dont see anyone being effected here. Its much like my very own issues I had with my Commander. This if anything should have been mentioned to Fido by Omega and a solid conversation struck and if he didn't continue to improve then taken to the SOBDE. After all that then this report should have been placed. But I will agree, Fido your activity could be improved but honestly dude I see you on all the time when Im on so for my timezone your pre damn active.

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt
10 minutes ago, Reed said:

This if anything should have been mentioned to Fido by Omega and a solid conversation struck and if he didn't continue to improve then taken to the SOBDE. 

7 hours ago, Punda said:

We have spoken to him plenty of times, called him inactive plenty of times, yet he does not take note of our criticism. He has even said himself, that he is “barely on the server anymore because it’s so boring.” 

^Read the statement above.

Edited by Baxter
11 minutes ago, Baxter said:

^Read the above statement.

Oh Righto, I don't like reading through others comments as it strays my opinion. Alright, thank you for clearing that up. But I still do not think he is inactive at all, Maybe in your Timezone he may be but in mine he is still very active. But I will admit Baxter, You should become the new LEAD for Omega, I see you doing a lot of work for the RC and putting in a lot of effort, just try not to get burnt out xD

Edited by Reed

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

Im just going to throw this in here now but i do plan on getting more active... ive been enjoying the server more and as long as i can fix my sleep schedule so im not waking up when my sister gets home from school and would be on way more and since i started playing arma for about 2-4 hours a day depending on what im doing ive actually enjoyed myself on the server... the event i just hosted was the most fun ive had on the server in a couple days... yes ive thougt about resinging... im leaving in about 3 months for basic training in the military if i can gain the necessary weight and i just want to go out of the server with a great bang... i dont plan on resigning from staff till then because i enjoy being staff... i dont play jedi because it bores the living fuck outta me and if  i can fix my sleep schedule i can for sure be more active... im sorry... ive been enjoying how ive been spending my time playing games and if i can fix my sleep schedule i bet you i would be on more during prime time when from when i was in my prime of activity

------------------------------------------------------99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 :)

10 hours ago, Dadd said:

Neutral,  i see him on quite occasionally.  Just because hes not active when the majority of the server is active, doesnt mean hes inactive as a whole.

10 hours ago, Thexan said:

I see him around most days late night, (I'm three hours behind EST atm as well, so I can relate on how getting on at normal times for myself ends up being way later than percieved.) and most of the time he is doing all he can to be active.

5 hours ago, Porsche said:

Fido is on a lot of the time. He's one of, if not the longest Omega leads IFN and synergy have ever seen, which means hes obviously doing something right.

40 minutes ago, Chumbus said:

-1 Fidos actually active, unlike some other higher ups

I'm going to reiterate and clarify what I said in my original post.

I feel like people view activity solely as having tons of hours logged onto the server via 'hours per 2 weeks' on Steam. Having hours logged is only one facet of being 'active' in my opinion. As I said, anyone can have 200+hrs logged every two weeks if they just leave their computer on over night, while they are at work, etc., but should that really count for much if you aren't really doing anything with that time? I recognize that Fido hosts late night events most nights, which is fine, that's part of his job as a Game Master. But the point that Punda and I are trying to make, one that I feel some people glossed over, is that Fido doesn't do much in terms of activities or interacting with his Squad. This isn't really something that is easy to pick up on if you're not actually in the Squad or hang out with them regularly, but it's noticeable. The only time we really get to do anything with him is when he isn't muted in TS or playing another game.

Going off what Baxter said, I think everyone is missing the other point that I made in the post. Yes, activity was a point that I stated above, but interaction with the squad is another point I listed, and I would say this is the main one. In terms of interaction, Fido does not do a lot with Omega Squad or Delta Squad, sure he's on every now and then, but I would say he could be doing more in terms of interacting with RC.

• Agree 1

Honestly from what i see Baxter is more of the omega squad guy. Fido although you are active on the server your contributors as a squad lead is almost near none. although you may be a good active guy but, your squad activity/general ability to be seen as the lead is very bad. being on the server is very different "from being on the server"

+1

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to +1 this... Upon joining Omega Squad as Fi a little over a week ago I honestly haven't seen much of Fido up until today when Baxter had to PM you to get on for the Geonosis event earlier and then after you stayed with us for about an extra 30min - 1 hour. Other than that honestly I haven't seen you're actually around and being with us not just online AFK. I would also like to reiterate the point that it seems that Punda and Baxter are trying to bring attention here and that is being online isn't being active. Becuase a lot of the hours Fido has logged in are AFK hours. Pressing tab and seeing the person is online isn't them being active. Especially in a squad with limited spots. Fido you know you're my friend and I enjoy the time I do get to spend with you but truly if it wasn't for the fact that I know you're the squad leader I would most likely think it was Baxter in charge and listen to his command over yours. You know we understand being burnt out and/or wanting to play other games as well, but you still need to find time for your squad and be the leader you claim to be. 

Fido, I will say this like I said to plenty of other people. If you are getting burnt out then resign, no use in dragging your squad, the position, and yourself down if you feel like the server is a chore.

I am neutral, but I will say that Fido did not have many activity problems when I was Fi, if anything it was Rush who I was always yelling at.

First and Last Jaing Skirata

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Fido, I will say this like I said to plenty of other people. If you are getting burnt out then resign, no use in dragging your squad, the position, and yourself down if you feel like the server is a chore.

I am neutral, but I will say that Fido did not have many activity problems when I was Fi, if anything it was Rush who I was always yelling at.

omg I got like 76 reports on Rush lol

Edited by Max

I don't really pay attention to RC very much (mostly because they have NOTHING to do with my battalion) but I am going to have to give a fat Neutral on this one. I can agree he could possibly be more active but I don't really know what RC squad leads do because I've never been apart of RC. This should probably be looked into a bit more by some other people.