Mornings in the Star Corps

Zahariel

08:00 - Star Corps Bunks

Bly was the first to wake, as usual. Hoping from the top bunk, instinctively keeping his head low to avoid hitting the roof, he landed quietly on the ground.  With a quick glance behind him, he saw Zahariel still snoozing in his bunk, a containment safe implanted in the wall next to a poster of Tano. Bly sighed, that poster drew too much concern from the higher ups, yet somehow Zahariel had managed to talk his way around it each time. A few groggy steps over to the stove placed him right before the stove, and his early morning essential. Starting the auto maker, Coffee was soon dispensed for him into his favorite plasteel mug. He paused as moment to breath in the delicious aroma through his nostrils, then sipped his prize. Sitting down at his desk with his beverage, he pulled his holopad from a drawer, and began reading Trooper Daily's newest issue.

Zahariel's eyes slowly opened. He could smell coffee, so he knew sleeping in wasn't an option. Before his eyes could adjust, he started to sit up, only to clank his head on his safe above. "Ga-Damn it." he muttered. Rubbing his head he placed a hand on the safe as he sat up infront of it. The finger reader on it beeped once with acceptance, and it popped open with a hiss as the decompression and enviro controls were released. He began rummaging through his "Keepsakes" as he called them. He felt eyes on his neck, and turned to see Bly staring at him from his desk with indifference.  He smiled at his commanding officer "G'mornin sir. Supplies all accounted for!". The response he got was just a shake of the head as Bly went back to his holopad. Turning back to his safe, a combat stim had wriggled past and fell out, clattering to the floor behind his bunk.

Spark's eyes tore open at the sound of a ruckus. He lunged out of bed, heart pounding and face sweating. "RAKGHOUL?!" He yelled through gritted teeth. As he came too, realizing where he was, he saw Bly staring at him with confusion. He could hear someone rustling around behind him, which he turned towards to see Zahariel with half his body shoved between the wall and his bunk. The realization of what transpired dawned on him like a sunrise on Kamino. He grunted with disappointment. He hated mornings. Unless he was waking up to blaster fire or explosions, he woke up annoyed. At this point Zahariel's legs were kicking, he had well and properly gotten stuck. "Sp-Sparks!Help me brother!" he could hear his say beneath the mattress. Sparks grabbed either one of Zahariel's legs and began tugging to get him out.

Secura had just walked through the door to see the typical array of shenanigans she expected. Bly was of course, already up and at attention. She nodded to him curtly, letting him at ease. She looked to her right and watched as Sparks finally managed to free his brother Zahariel from the confines of his bunk. Sparks upon noticing her, immediately saluted, dropping Zahariel's legs. Zahariel had still not noticed her entrance, he had already scurried back onto his bunk to, as she assumed, seal his safe. She nodded to Sparks now to let him know he was at ease. She walked to the desk, standing next to Bly. "Anything of note today, Commander?" After a brief sip of coffee, he mumbled "More clanker attacks. Deathwatch insurgencies. Deadly infections and diseases. Just another day in the grand army of the Republic." Zahariel jumped out from his bunk. "Secura sir!" He stopped to salute before continuing "Has Tano asked for me?" Secura shook her head with amusement. "No I'm afraid not. She's much too busy with her studies and training. Perhaps it could serve a lesson?" Zahariel's face drooped a moment in shame, before perking back up with that familiar look of intrigue. "Perhaps she would welcome an offering of Jogan fruit and blue milk to refresh herself." He said with tinge of hopefulness. Secura didn't have the heart to tell him it was all in vain, and knew it wouldn't matter if she did.

The ship shook suddenly with a violent explosion. Sparks had already geared up, and was waiting at the door with an eager glee. Bly stood, looking to Zahariel who was scrambling to make sure his collection of baubles and loot were intact. "Suit up!" He shouted, as the others began to lurch out of their bunks. "We got work to do."

• Agree 3
6 minutes ago, aStonedSparks said:

Who the fuck is this Sparks kid.

Been around for some weeks now, don't know why no one told him about his name yet - considering they even made Jek go to Yek cause Jek is a named character. I suggested the name change to one of his officers but they didn't listen. Only thing you can do now is make Sparks a 104th named character in reserve for you.

21 minutes ago, Zyner said:

Been around for some weeks now, don't know why no one told him about his name yet - considering they even made Jek go to Yek cause Jek is a named character. I suggested the name change to one of his officers but they didn't listen. Only thing you can do now is make Sparks a 104th named character in reserve for you.

Back on Icefuse when we were using Sono's models, I was promised a model named after me. Good times.

When am I making an Appearance 

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt
Just now, Zahariel said:

So. I dunno what all this talk is about. Hope ya'll enjoyed the story

I did. What do you think about this? Clearly inspired here ;P 

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x