Updating the WESTAR-M5 Model

BigBoss

So a few days ago, I was tryna fix some errors I was running across on the server. So I decided to do a clean install of GMOD. I unsubbed from all addons, then sub'd to not only [SR] Content, but the source addons as well just to be sure there weren't gonna be errors or missing textures. I went to go spawn in a few things I was having issues with. Guns being included. I decided to spawn the Westar-M5 from the Republic pack of TFA weapons.

spacer.png

Immediately I noticed something different. There was a new viewmodel for the WESTAR, and a nice one at that.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I brought this up with Zim and Square. After explaining where I found this I was instructed to make a server suggestion for it, As it would require a "[SR] Content pack" repacking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: BigBoss

RP Rank: SSG

Suggestion: Updating the WESTAR-M5 since the pack we use got updated to include a new model that looks super nice and clean.

Implementation: Square said it would require repacking the [SR] Weapons packs to implement the new model. I'm sure he already has a game-plan for how to accomplish it!

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable:
Requires development (Repacking)
"[TFA] StarWars Clone Republic Weapon Reworked Pack"
spacer.png

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Head Admin

+1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1, do keep in mind though this comment from the pack itself:

HD Westar-M5 : I received authorization exclusively for this addon, all repack / reupload will receive a DCMA, first and last warning for EVERYONE.

I've voiced my concerns about this in the past on other addons, though I doubt it will change anything as it hasn't in the past. Just making sure I mention it here.

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

1 hour ago, Shiny Keldeo said:

+1, do keep in mind though this comment from the pack itself:

I've voiced my concerns about this in the past on other addons, though I doubt it will change anything as it hasn't in the past. Just making sure I mention it here.

I didnt even see that DMCA warning. 
Good eye. Thanks for the feedback! 

I dont agree with the risk that this would bring. I've helped out with recovering from our latest DMCA claim but I'd like to prevent another one from happening.
Im gonna void my suggestion because of this. Its for the best.

[VOIDED BY POSTER] @Forseen

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png