CG always getting the short end of the stick.

Cryotec

Okay, this is not an attack or anything, I just want to point that out before I get accused of it. But this is really starting to get ridiculous.

I'm not the only one who thinks this, but pretty much everyone who I have spoke to (not just in Coruscant Guard) agree that CG get cucked every... single... update. In one way or another.

i.e. Removal of Palpatine to Event Job (There goes most of our RP)
Most battalions getting JT and some sort of upgrade (we haven't even got our weapon stripper.)
And this is the most recent updates too,

People wonder why CG is shrinking in size, why we never have a Officer/Senior Officer Corp, and why even Commanders (such as myself) are never getting on or on some sort of LOA/ROA.
We need some sort of incentive/update to encourage people to join the Coruscant Guard, otherwise you might as well just remove us as a whole as a battalion because we will be dead eventually. 

I'm leaving this open for any sort of criticism/opinions from other people, especially other Coruscant Guard who want to voice their 10 cents into this, because i'm sure i'm not the only person here who has things to say about this. 

I apologise for any inconsistency or mis-wording as I just came off a 36 hour duty and I wanted to write this up before I forgot about it.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 14

Current: Retired
Former: 2019/2020 Hound, Thorn, TKL, ARCL SGT-CMD - First and Last Commander Grey, CG XO Broadside

Head Admin

https://synergyroleplay.com/forums/forum/13-cw-server-suggestions/ 

Make a suggestion for something you'd like and see how it works out I guess.

Edited by Rohan
  • Agree 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

It's not just an update that will suddenly yoink CG back into the spotlight. It's the people who hold high positions with a well... disposition against the reds. It kind of just spreads to the people that are ignorant. I can name a good few off the top of my head.

Either that or more people are toxic now than they used to be. That's probably it.

• Agree 10

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

I agree with Cyro.

It also doesn't help that CG were moved into a postion where they didn't have a regimental which was 1) pretty stupid 2) seemly just left by the roadside after it was put in without community feedback  and they get more shit  thrown at them than staff on a day basis for trying to keep people from doing dumb stuff.

I guess people think that people will still join them at the end of the day despite all of this.  There is some people pushing for a removal of CG and pushing it towards staff 

Edited by Zensras
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

24 minutes ago, Zensras said:

There is some people pushing for a removal of CG and pushing it towards staff 

That is too funny please out these people so we can bully them. Fucking poggers what dumb ape children aahahahahahhahahahahahah LULW

• Agree 6
  • Friendly 1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

You're one of 3 battalions which has kept some sort of battalion buff. 
No one is seriously discussing the removal of CG.
And Palpatine cannot be the majority of your RP, we have tonnes of clones and you only want to RP with one old guy. There is a multitude of things which you can do to increase CG respect and recognition.
If you wanna sort out numbers then promote your battalion, have independent rp which doesn't rely on the old man. 

• Agree 6
  • Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Look it's obvious on the server CG is the battalion that get picked on and shit on the most, but that makes sense since we are trying to make sure people follow the rules of the server and some people don't want that. Anyone joining CG should understand what they are signing up for. Sure the Senators and lord Palpy are event jobs now, but if that's all CG does then what's the point? just following one man who doesn't really help with RP.

4 hours ago, Ratio said:

It's not just an update that will suddenly yoink CG back into the spotlight. It's the people who hold high positions with a well... disposition against the reds. It kind of just spreads to the people that are ignorant. I can name a good few off the top of my head.

Either that or more people are toxic now than they used to be. That's probably it.

I also agree with Ratio as well, especially with a few names of people that have a disposition to CG.

1 hour ago, Comics said:

You're one of 3 battalions which has kept some sort of battalion buff. 
No one is seriously discussing the removal of CG.
And Palpatine cannot be the majority of your RP, we have tonnes of clones and you only want to RP with one old guy. There is a multitude of things which you can do to increase CG respect and recognition.
If you wanna sort out numbers then promote your battalion, have independent rp which doesn't rely on the old man. 

CG have tried constantly to attempt their own RP on the server. Only expanding it with Palpatine. We attempted to approach CG as “the bad guys” being fanatical with their loyalty to Palpatine. Almost Warhammer 40k like. It was comical. 

We tried to set up Checkpoints when the base has recently been infiltrated. We’ve conducted fun bunk raids with 104th and attempted to have fun bunk inspections with the rest of the server. We’ve even raided the Village in some cases. We’ve attempted in character comms RP to allow for game masters to pick up on an interesting idea or story line. Shit we even have an RP channel where a few of us conducted a 3 month RP session carrying it over to in-game. Even though it is rare to have GMs pick up on that stuff it has happened.

We’ve attempted to engage with other battalions in numerous ways both with RP and in general. We’ve tried to gain more favour with the community. As a fact when I was Fox it was on my to-do list to improve community relations, and it was on Holo’s and is currently on Centurion’s as well. During my term the community wanted CG to be more RP friendly with Arrests. So I worked with the Directors to enforce and RP designation for Arrests (RDM = Murder etc.) whether it’s being followed idk. I also tried to get my guys to give out more warnings and conduct more investigations into situations wherever possible. Sometimes this was hard to enforce as a majority of Arrests CG makes are AOS. why does this matter? Well, If you’ve ever been in CG then you know it is expected of you to arrest that person no matter what. 

CG have tried so much to improve their RP, but the server just doesn’t like it or don’t want to participate within it. Then do something that doesn’t involve other people? Kinda difficult when the purpose of the battalion is Policing which requires interaction with people to some degree. Even then our RP would get interrupted by something else happening in-game, like an AOS. 

Why not add a Sub-branch? I also tried that in my Term, but was told by a Director that the Sub-branch was “too similar to what CG do already”. It was Lore friendly as well. Allowing for someone to have a goal, a nice change in their designation and it would be Lore character focused. Which would also bring some life into CG, as it is something interesting, something new. 

I don’t want to do the whole “tHe SeRvEr HaTeS cG” but in all honesty it does feel like that sometimes. The reason we hardly RP with other battalions or do something else apart from RP with Palpy is because Palpy is usually the only person who will give CG the time or day. I’ve heard numerous amounts of players chat so much shit behind CGs back, yet never spending a single second with the guys in TS or even being apart of the Battalion. 

Im sorry I’m kind of off on a rant here @Comics it’s not directed at you whatsoever. Apologies for that. Just some pointers I have in my head as all.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 2

Hmm. If only I had the nards to speak up about this. While I won’t say this is entirely true that, “everyone hates CG” it really does feel like that sometimes. And here is a couple reasons why. 

1) We enforce the rules and regulations of the server. 
Just like the police in real life, there’s always gonna be that majority of people who hate the police for what they do rather than like them. CG has always been a battalion that people hate/love at the flip of a switch. People love CG whenever it benefits them, however people hate us when it doesn’t or they’re the one in trouble. Yet people don’t seem to realize we don’t make the rules we just enforce them. We’re the scapegoats of the server, it’s just how it is unfortunately. 

2) People see us as, “the ones getting us in trouble.”

when we arrest people. Their superiors know almost immediately, due to the fact that most discord’s have an arrest bot now. And the people arrested worry that this will affect their position in their own battalion. Now I will admit some own up and say it was their fault for being stupid. However a good amount of people will shift the blame to CG for a “false”, “unjustified”, or “stupid” arrest cause they don’t wanna get in trouble. And I understand not wanting to get into trouble, to some people, including myself, their battalion is their family and don’t wanna be taken away from it. I cannot tell you how many times people have told, “I could lose this” or “I can be removed please false it.” 
which brings me to my third point.

3) People see us as “funsponges”

I mean. What do you expect? I know it can be fun to break the rules, to mess around a little with buddies. But we’ve got these rules in place for a reason, and CG enforces these rules for a reason. This is a serious RP server. Yeah not everyone RPs in game 100% of the time. No ones perfect, not myself, not my CG, not anyone in any other battalion, not even the founders themselves. (Joah dumb this I dare you >:D ) However, if CG didn’t enforce these rules, or if the rules no longer existed. It wouldn’t be an RP server. You guys wanna kill your buddy? Start a duel. You wanna 1v3 some people in other battalions? Start up a sim. You wanna talk to people about certain topics? We’ve got TS for a reason.

4) People think CG are on the lookout to arrest anyone who slips up. 

Well yes we are to a certain degree. But we’re not looking at people actually trying to enjoy their time in the server, unless their annoying CG or mocking us which believe it or not is a occurrence. We keep lookouts for people who are potential minges because we don’t want them running into Debrief screaming the N word and ruining people’s experience on the server. Sure it’s funny to most, hell its funny to me, but I know some people will just be annoyed by it. We try to lookout and prevent these things because as much as CG is hated, we still do our job for the benefit of the rest of the server.

5) A lot of people don’t really know who CG works

The only thing people really know about CG is that we arrest people. A good amount of individuals don’t know about the inner workings of CG or even how we have a code of conduct for our own guys. To my knowledge a majority of people think that CG can get away with things cause their CG, “who’s gonna arrest them?” Let me tell you this. I’ve AOSd myself for punching someone and he died in game. And it was 4 am for me. CG has arrested its own men for killing someone with the BATON. Yes the baton does around ten damage with the right click and has a chance to kill someone who is low health. People haven’t the slightest idea of how  our own guys get into trouble cause they’re not perfect much like the rest of the server.  Not a lot of people know our CoC so I guess I’ll state it hear for people to know who we operate our own battalion. 1) You are not above the law. Refusing to arrest a fellow CG will result in you being disciplined along side them. 2) Show respect to superiors and fellow brothers alike. 3) Show professionalism at all times even on OTHER whitelists 4) NEVER Baton Abuse. The baton is a tool, not a toy. 5) Never complain about position assignments or promotions 6) If you are to AFK on your CG whitelist, go into the back of brig and put AFK in your name. 
1-4 of those rules if broken is a instant strike in our battalion no matter what. We hold our guys to high standards and we get in trouble as well. 
When it comes to AOS’s a lot of people once CG has filled out the AOS get into our faces and yell at us about it cause WE made the arrest. Not the person who filed the AOS, no CG gets yelled at for doing their job. And people don’t realize how often we investigate into arrests. Our thing for AOSs is, “Arrest First, investigate after.” And the reason for this is because if we arrest him, we have everyone in place to talk and investigate the situation in a quiet setting rather than 10-20 different people screaming in the CG’s face about what happened and how’s it BS he got AOSd. In this regard CG can truly identify whether the AOS/arrest was valid or false. If false, the person is released and the arrest is stripped from their record along with and explanation of the event to their superiors. However a lot of people don’t know this, and just think CG are like, “AOS?! MINE MINE MINE MINE.” It’s not like that at all. And I hope you can slightly see that now. 

Ive ranted on for long enough, when it comes to the whole updates situation, ngl doesn’t bother me too much however some love for our guys would be nice. I am currently talking to the directors (notably Forseen) for some kind of sub unit for CG. To anyone that knows me in game or in TS, (Executive Officer Thorn/Centurion/Doc[not the old one, not that legendary]/Judge) Id hope to say I can be a fun guy to hang around and talk to, and very understanding when it comes to arrests. If you need to talk about an arrest then I’m the guy to talk to I hope. However, people really need to get off CGs back. That’s all my friends. Stay Incredibilies.

• Agree 7
  • Friendly 3

Was a Fox I guess. Just an old Synergy vet.
Explore roman centurian GIFs

SR, has by Far, the best CG I've seen on any Server. We need to have Incentives to CG, and their Dedication needs to stop going unnoticed. 

I wish I had more energy to put into this one, but Upper Staff should Speak to CG, about catching up on where they've been Left out on

• Agree 6

I'll say a few things on this.

1. Regards to CG not being looked after by the higher ups. - This is completely false CG is one of battalions we keep the most on eye on because of the intergration between them and staff, they are the only battalion whos discord we have HAs all join so they are readily available to be contacted or assist with issues.

Any issue CG brings to us regarding a situation or rule conflict we try to resolve as soon as possbile, of cource this might mean we don't side in CGs favor but that happens to any battalion.

2. Getting cucked in updates. - I just went and checked the suggestions forums and I don't see any suggestions posted for CG in quite awhile, continue to post suggestion or repost ones that have gotten lost in the process, the dev team is working on this stuff for free and sometimes miss things as they are only human.

3. Subunit - This one kind of annoys me - I have heard that you are using your ARC as your elite "subunit" interanally and that's not really acceptable to you (Please correct me if I am wrong), well strap on your big boy pants and let me tell you the saga of Doom's Unit getting a sub-unit something that literally took generations of Doom's Unit officers, BCMDs, over 10+ failed suggestions, and a literal year to get one added or a special class added.

Doom's Unit started with a small 4 man ARC team that had an internal designation, no names in-game, nothing to stand them apart from regular ARC troopers.
Fast forward quite a few suggestions to get heavy classes with special weapons, buffed classes, etc. they finally got Havoc Squad.

The amount of effort, blood, sweat, and tears that went into writng and rewriting suggestions until it was finally accepted by the community is massive.

Long story short, work harder. nothing is given without significant effort.  (Tl;dr Make a shit ton of suggestions)

4. This is more towards Andersons point of creating own RP and people not wanting to engage in it - You want to run check points that people have to check ID's at and if its a failed roll go all TSA on their asses? Fuck yes I am all for that shit its that small bit of RP that can change an experience for people, if some people don't like it so what? if you try to please everyone no one is going to be happy and if you are making a change to the way your battalion has fun to please others when its something that minorly inconviences them if they don't want to do it whats the point?

Do things that are fun for the entire server to partcipate in! maybe make a massive baton training with CG trying to hunt everyone in the base down by invovling Commanders, BCMDs or HC to authorize or get it started.

Host a dicsipline session where officers can RP dump off their troublesome troopers on you and you beat them back into the GAR standards and return them to their battalions.

I am not going to respond to every little thing on this thread but I think I hit the main points, no one is more capaple of changes things more than you taking the initiatve and talking to people or making things fun on the spot.

Also always going to be people that shit talk or are toxic which you can get corrected by talking to them, COC or going to staff just make sure you got evidence of it or else it just fizzles out!

• Agree 4
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 2

I will say I'd like to see more arrests being done through RP or RP situations like that, I know its not an easy task and is understandable it doesn't happen much and since theres no way to actually restrain someone(Ie handcuffs). Some of these issues are things that CG can't exactly remedy due to people wanting to use CG as a scapegoat if they get arrested as you mentioned.

• Friendly 1

@Chambers In response to using arc as our Sub Unit. I personally don't view it as our sub unit. I mean if others do then I'd like to hear their input cause to us we just treat them as ARC's were. A Special unit in the G.A.R with special training. In the Coruscant Guard, they would more or less be the S.W.A.T team equivalent in a Police Force. And regards to making a suggestion about it, I'm waiting to see if I get Battalion Commander Fox in order to put out the suggestion. And also to iron out the suggestion for a sub unit in order to really make sure it makes sense, can be used within not only our battalion but to interact with the server, and to show appeal. 

Appreciate you putting in your input on this like many others are though. So I'll just thank everyone. Thanks All, you all are Incredibilies! 

• Friendly 1

7 minutes ago, Centurion said:

@Chambers In response to using arc as our Sub Unit. I personally don't view it as our sub unit. I mean if others do then I'd like to hear their input cause to us we just treat them as ARC's were. A Special unit in the G.A.R with special training. In the Coruscant Guard, they would more or less be the S.W.A.T team equivalent in a Police Force. And regards to making a suggestion about it, I'm waiting to see if I get Battalion Commander Fox in order to put out the suggestion. And also to iron out the suggestion for a sub unit in order to really make sure it makes sense, can be used within not only our battalion but to interact with the server, and to show appeal. 

Appreciate you putting in your input on this like many others are though. So I'll just thank everyone. Thanks All, you all are Incredibilies! 

Don't need to be the BCMD to put the suggestion in ;) 

• Agree 1
  • Founder
Founder

If you guys want something added make it a server suggestion. You can't just sit and complain that you don't get stuff if you aren't even trying to get it for yourselves. 

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Square said:

If you guys want something added make it a server suggestion. You can't just sit and complain that you don't get stuff if you aren't even trying to get it for yourselves. 

@Square I mean, we're still waiting on the Rys Job suggestion. But no you're right in that regard. Which is why I'm ironing out a sub unit suggestion to make sure it can make sense you know? I don't wanna rush something and half ass it. Can't have things get done if you don't try.

Okay so with Palaptine I see your RP aspect however the move of Palpatine has nothing to do with CG as he is not a CG job. In regards to your most battalions got buffs and better things, when I was Doom and we got the update DU actually had things stripped from its main battalion IE all of our Z6s but it was balanced out. I could have complained but I did not. Believe me when I say I understand what it feels like for your battalion to be stale but the battalion command can make things spicy for you guys they just have to talk to the directors to get things done as Centurion is doing. DU was stagnant for 2 years while I was in it, we had the same jobs same battlestation on each map and everything. There are ways to get what you would like done or at least a bit of change my man so hang in there.

And before someone says something about Havoc Squad: :DERPPERS:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

• Retired Founder

This is my honest opinion without reading too far into this, and take my words with a grain of salt as I'm fairly inactive on CWRP in recent times -

The perception of CG is not an "update" or "content" problem, nor is it a problem of the "Higher-ups" looking down upon you, this seems like finding reasons or excuses as to why your battalion is lacking in numbers, growth, and leadership.

Personally, my experience with CG as a Developer/Founder on the server was miserable. I wasn't able to complete Development duties with 2-3 CG up my ass telling me they are the law and I can't do X/Y/Z (while I was literally in Admin Mode working on development concerns). CG has shown little respect to other commanders or battalions, quickly using their Baton-Penis to strike AUTHOR-I-TAY into the minds of any clone they may dislike.

I have seen time and time again CG/Shock acting with EMOTIONS instead of LOGIC. I have not seen CG attempt to better relations or better their "image" of themselves on the server as it seems there has NEVER been a real change in CG Leadership. Ex-Foxes still hold ranks within Discord and act as though they have the right to deny HA/Directors access to documents, discord, channels, permissions, etc. and I quote "we don't trust the directors", so why in the hell would they trust you? Or go out of their way to find or fix updates for your battalion when there's a consistent attitude of "Us vs Them", referring to CG vs The Server, or CG vs The Staff, or CG vs Darth Joah.

I have played multiple other clone wars RP servers throughout the years, and while I am no expert on CG/Shock or any in-depth Lore, I ran a highly respected CG battalion on Superior for ~9 months that was regarded as one of the most elite and organized operational battalions. I have also see Shock/CG/5th Fleet *COUGH* @Qal ran by a number of highly respected Commanders that understood you need to actively create battalion relations, officer relations, integrate yourselves with other battalion activities, BECOME ONE OF THEM, stop acting as if you're on CG Island trying to defend against a horde of Zombie Invaders.

Yes, you guys help with minges and enforce roleplay rules. Yes, you guys are the security battalion and make sure things are properly handled with arrests; but there's a reason you are looked down upon by many in the server. The attitudes you carry, that RuleRP being more important than actual Roleplay, quoting arbitrary rules and regulations that no one else can even read because it's in private CG documents, no public roster to actively view, & little to no accountability for minges within your own battalion. I remember watching a rogue CG straight up arrest Palpy in a DB and I was told "don't worry, he'll be receiving a STRIKE on his record!" Bruh, a fucking strike? You're the Security battalion, trusted with batons, trusted to enforce RP rules, that type of behavior should warrant immediate removal and possible ban for FailRP

At the end of the day, I can understand your concerns regarding lack of updates or content, though I honestly have not seen many suggestions for CG besides 1-2 regarding models. On the other hand, I feel as though 90% of the issues or concerns you have regarding your own battalion has been a systemic issue since the start of Synergy and I honestly am not sure if it will ever change.

:FeelsWeirdMan:

• Winner 7
  • Informative 1

z5dGuiK.gif

1 hour ago, Trixx said:

Okay so with Palaptine I see your RP aspect however the move of Palpatine has nothing to do with CG as he is not a CG job. In regards to your most battalions got buffs and better things, when I was Doom and we got the update DU actually had things stripped from its main battalion IE all of our Z6s but it was balanced out. I could have complained but I did not. Believe me when I say I understand what it feels like for your battalion to be stale but the battalion command can make things spicy for you guys they just have to talk to the directors to get things done as Centurion is doing. DU was stagnant for 2 years while I was in it, we had the same jobs same battlestation on each map and everything. There are ways to get what you would like done or at least a bit of change my man so hang in there.

And before someone says something about Havoc Squad: :DERPPERS:

habic squad stinky

• Funny 1

the Server has never been against CG(unless it's RP). and @Ron is right some CG use their emotions even the old ones who have been on the server for a long time. I hate that CG doesn't seem to be fixing relations with other Battalions, the only reason we haven't I think is cause there is so much bullshit inside CG it's self. you have guys who haven't been on the server for over 2 years yet can come back and become a high ranking officer in CG without actually working for it, I was Blacklisted from CG cause of one of the worst BCMDs and cause of power players at the time I was a Lieutenant Colonel and came back as a PVT and climbed the ranks again, why can't others who you can plainly see aren't there to help CG? There are people on the server who reached high ranks once and for some reason have never had to start back as PVT because they transfer over and over again, while these new guys on the server have to deal with these know it all players acting like they are better because of what they were before.

It's okay that CG feel like they are getting crapped on because that is how they see it, it's called waiting for the Devs to come to you they will get to you when they can. People come join CG and then get upset because of one thing or another, The CG that stay some just wanna play and do the job rank up like any other battalion. instead of whining whether you agree with either side of the argument, how about CG fix relations with the server and don't treat those who came before you were even on the server special cause they reach a high rank in CG, make them fucking work for it. And the other battalions on the server stop thinking because of your name and rank in the server can get you to be a cunt to the CG who are just trying to do their jobs.

I hear over and over "oh I was promised this" instead of whining cause you were promised something, how about talk to people and see what is taking so long. people put their emotions into these issues instead of asking like an adult(I know some of you are kids but still). This isn't just for CG but for the server, stop letting higher rankings get away with stuff that a SGT can't get away with instead of rewarding them.

Edited by DexGunz

Idk how it’s changed but when I think Ratio was Fox I legit loved shock. They were way more chill on rules and I could actively speak to them without them eroding big dick energy and saying fuck off. To be fair it wasn’t not even really enlisted that act like entitled enforcers of the law. It was NCO’s and some officers.

Edited by IKE

I really think a lot of the issues with CG are kind of the aftershock of stuff that happened like almost a year ago. Lately from what I've seen when it comes to attitude, most CG are pretty much the opposite of abrasive. They're soft, and afraid to do anything out of fear of getting in trouble.

I can't really think of a single CG that I've had difficulty with respect when it comes to enforcing rules (except that Ratio guy, he was toxic) and the person currently running it is probs the most chill guy on Synergy. It's all kind of in a weird place right now.

• Agree 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

@DexGunz I'm curious do I fall under this category you're describing. Cause if you think I am, I'd like to hear what you think I am doing wrong currently. When you say some people being higher positions than they should be, (you can Pm me this if you'd like) I'm actually curious on who you are referring to because the people in the positions they are in there for a reason. In fact I recently demoted a Major for simply disrespecting someone in TS, along with stripping them of their lore character position. 

Head Admin

Something I forgot to say: Adding lore names that are not with your battalion in lore isn't the best idea 

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

I have been with Synergy CG since like the 2nd or 3rd generation back when they were still called shock troopers. 

Getting new jobs and weapons isn't going to do Jack shit. The mentality the officers need to display is what is going to save the battalion. I was there when the CG teamspeak picture was taken with like 14 CG lined up together(shock back then). Fuck wanting new jobs, there was less stuff then than there is now but it was still a blast because the higher ups displayed a positive and fun attitude without having sticks up their asses. It's the mentality that the battalion puts forth that decides how many people join the battalion and how much fun they will have. 

CG and staff can both be hated just because they have power to discipline people. If you join either you should expect to be disliked from some others so don't get all depressed when people show their ungratefulness.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

I started reading some of these  but the Queens speech isn't time consuming as reading this stuff.

But I whole heartedly agree, CG has been shafted hard. 

Throwing them in a regiment which is kinda inactive ngl.

Removing Senators so CG are now just patrolling base or sat at key locations.

Everyone has the distain for them due to them being the police essentially. (IRL most people have a distain for the police but still want them there)

CG is basically now set as it's own Regiment as BO/Naval is kinda just... there when needed and then the people often go back to AFKing on there jedi or on there clones.

CG need something. I done know what thou as I don't know the inner working too well.

I will say that moving them put of Spec and adding them to there own was one of the biggest mistake and blunders the server has done. They basically have no support net. 

I would suggest moving CG back to Spec and moving Rancor to either Attack or Mech. Rancor use a lot of BARCs now a days. 

Can we give them love and not kick 'em to the curb...

• Winner 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

10 hours ago, Alec said:

Most interactions I've had with CG both in and out of RP is that they act like they're superior to everyone. Almost as bad as SOBDE

Can you name recent, specific examples? Have you reported anything? Have you done anything proactive to try and help CG overcome these issues?

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

21 minutes ago, Ratio said:

Can you name recent, specific examples? Have you reported anything? Have you done anything proactive to try and help CG overcome these issues?

I suspect he's mistaken god complex that some SOBDE have with the Stiff upper lip and the fact that CG enforce the rules thus must be stern.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

11 hours ago, Alec said:

Most interactions I've had with CG both in and out of RP is that they act like they're superior to everyone. Almost as bad as SOBDE

..........Now 

I have no idea if this counts against my Boys in Omega.....But if anyone in my squad acts like this please report it to me-Niner

Back on topic.

But Any Interaction I've had with CG have been nothing like mentioned. But then again I've only interacted with @Centurion and Some of the NCOs. 

Edited by Bloodless
Grammar

Omega Three-Six "Darman"| "Blood for the Blood God!"

spacer.png

"Personally, my experience with CG as a Developer/Founder on the server was miserable. I wasn't able to complete Development duties with 2-3 CG up my ass telling me they are the law and I can't do X/Y/Z (while I was literally in Admin Mode working on development concerns). CG has shown little respect to other commanders or battalions, quickly using their Baton-Penis to strike AUTHOR-I-TAY into the minds of any clone they may dislike." -Ron

Lately, I couldn't agree more with Ron on this. CG mean well. I know this. But over the past couple weeks, I've heard so many people moan and complain that they cant do jack-shit on the server because CG's interpretation on the rules. This isnt as big of an issue as it has been before so kudos to CG High command for containing the demons with batons. Im personally taking a break from the server for a few days since me and a bunch of my pals here feel the in game community is getting a little toxic. We steppin away, no harm no foul.

I get the struggles of CG, I was CG for months. Making all the way to the honorable Captain America(TM). Losing Palpy as a perma job sucks for RP. But CG has to prove to the server they know how to do more than "ArrestMinge.exe" and "GuardDuty.exe". Do passive RP that interacts with players more directly.
Some ideas of that could be:

• Call squads or groups of troopers up to brig for questioning on scenarios you think of. Make it a small lil detective drama for an hour or so.
  • Set up checkpoints and ask for ID's
  • Call for a bunks inspection
  • Break up a food fight in messhall.

Possibilities are endless. Lately, there has been so much lack of PassiveRP between encounters and deployments. Its just become training -> AFK -> Encounter -> AFK. 
Since CG are almost always on, I'd like to see them spice it up with the troopers a bit and make something enjoyable for all parties happen.

I have faith in CG. I know y'all can be more than just [OI MATE YOU GOT A LICENSE FOR JUMPING OVA THAT THERE SMALL HANDRAIL, OFF TO THE PATTYWAGON WITCHA NOW] 

I say this with no disdain for CG at all. I merely just have creative criticism to offer.

-Love,
Dumbass

Edited by BigBoss
  • Winner 1

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

1 hour ago, BigBoss said:

"Personally, my experience with CG as a Developer/Founder on the server was miserable. I wasn't able to complete Development duties with 2-3 CG up my ass telling me they are the law and I can't do X/Y/Z (while I was literally in Admin Mode working on development concerns). CG has shown little respect to other commanders or battalions, quickly using their Baton-Penis to strike AUTHOR-I-TAY into the minds of any clone they may dislike." -Ron

Lately, I couldn't agree more with Ron on this. CG mean well. I know this. But over the past couple weeks, I've heard so many people moan and complain that they cant do jack-shit on the server because CG's interpretation on the rules. This isnt as big of an issue as it has been before so kudos to CG High command for containing the demons with batons. Im personally taking a break from the server for a few days since me and a bunch of my pals here feel the in game community is getting a little toxic. We steppin away, no harm no foul.

I get the struggles of CG, I was CG for months. Making all the way to the honorable Captain America(TM). Losing Palpy as a perma job sucks for RP. But CG has to prove to the server they know how to do more than "ArrestMinge.exe" and "GuardDuty.exe". Do passive RP that interacts with players more directly.
Some ideas of that could be:

• Call squads or groups of troopers up to brig for questioning on scenarios you think of. Make it a small lil detective drama for an hour or so.
  • Set up checkpoints and ask for ID's
  • Call for a bunks inspection
  • Break up a food fight in messhall.

Possibilities are endless. Lately, there has been so much lack of PassiveRP between encounters and deployments. Its just become training -> AFK -> Encounter -> AFK. 
Since CG are almost always on, I'd like to see them spice it up with the troopers a bit and make something enjoyable for all parties happen.

I have faith in CG. I know y'all can be more than just [OI MATE YOU GOT A LICENSE FOR JUMPING OVA THAT THERE SMALL HANDRAIL, OFF TO THE PATTYWAGON WITCHA NOW] 

I say this with no disdain for CG at all. I merely just have creative criticism to offer.

-Love,
Dumbass

*CG TSA Agent RP instensifies* 

• Funny 1

Thanks all for your opinons and words on this. Again I wrote this out of haste and I do apologise if it seemed long winded and/or seemed like I was just bitching. We discuss a lot of this within the CG HC and if anybody has any suggestions and/or wants to talk about the future of CG, please don't be a stranger to us. We have been trying to promote RP and work with other Batallions as of recent (much love @Qal and 21st) and High Command will continue to do so for as long as we can.

Again, thanks everybody for your feedback. If you have anything else you want to add, please speak your mind and PM one of us who are on. 

Much love <3 

:peepoLove:
- CG CMD Cryotec

- (Can somebody close this so it doesn't become a Necropost)  

Current: Retired
Former: 2019/2020 Hound, Thorn, TKL, ARCL SGT-CMD - First and Last Commander Grey, CG XO Broadside

Personally, my interactions with CG have been a mixed bag.
On one hand, I have been able to roleplay with CG in a fun and interesting way and have been able to have a good time while following the rules.
On another hand, I have been stopped from participating in RP due to CG's interference on more than one occasion. I also feel as though many CG feel as though CT PVT and lower enlisted ranks are all minges. I understand that they are the lowest rank possible and are the entry rank of the server, therefore more likely to become minges and 99% of minges are enlisted, but come on. When I was a CT PVT for a short while, I was followed, bossed around, and treated as lesser. Granted this is an issue on the server in more than just CG but it still sucks either way.

I feel as though CG have been acting too tyrannical in some senses. However I 100% agree they deserve a subunit. They are great at RP, and although they have flaws in some of the things listed above, it's not all of them and this was a while ago so they may have changed.

Love yah. This comes from someone who was CG a while ago (Dec 2017 - March 2018) and during that time I had a great (yet hard) time. 

• Agree 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata