Willy's Specialized Regimental Commander App

Willyworm1

Steam Name: Synr.gg | Willyworm1

RP Name: DU Commander Willy

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:88673790

Regiment you are applying for: Specialized Regiment

Experience:
327th (PVT-CSM)

When i first joined the server i literally spent the first day Crouch walking around the base exploring the areas that i was allowed to enter, by the end of the day i decided i was going to join Shock the next day. When the next day came around i was going to do the tryouts, but i stumbled upon the 327th when they were getting ready for sims, i asked if i could join the sim and they said "sorry it's 327th only, but if you want, you can join the 327th and jump in the next round with us", at which point i responded, "i'll probably fail them, but i'll give it the good old try". After the tryouts, i passed and became a member of the 327th Star Corps. Working Hard i made it up to SPC and decided to join the Medical branch, i got my training's for it and i took a tryout to join and made it in, i had always felt like medic was a great job because you get to give support and allow the rest of the players to keep fighting. Over the span of like 5 promotions i ended up going for the MEDO position and was accepted, i assisted Cannon with the Medical branch to make sure it stayed strong, and it did. I got promoted almost as quick as my cool-downs were ending. my drive and dedication was being seen by the Officers and was being commended. While at that point i was focused on getting as many training's as possible, which meant i convinced to heavy lead and jet lead to train me in it but not switch me to the regiment. The only Qualification i never got was ARC, but i was alright with that because my focus was to get a lot, not necessarily all of them.

327th (WO-CPT)

Getting to WO was an important turning point for my job because this was around the time when i was looking at battalion specific groups. I decided that i wanted to work in the Intel group and the Discipline group, so i started talking to the directors of them and made my way into the ranks of it. These were really helpful because i could properly lead others and give them the correct punishments when they caused problems. While being these ranks, i worked on making a name for myself in the 327th beyond what i already was seen as. I began working with Enlisted and Junior NCOs to improve their abilities and make them better in the battalion. More so i worked on helping the other regiments where they needed it. The work i did helped me sharpen my leadership skills and made the rest of the battalion respect me as a person and not just because of my rank. While being a Junior Officer, i often reached out to other battalions for joint sims or i pushed my subordinates in patrols and sims as well. This phase went fairly quickly because of my established leadership in the battalion.

327th (MAJ-COL)

As a Senior officer i began to step back from specific regiments and instead work towards being the Regimental Lead of the battalion. I slowly picked out people that i thought would be great leaders of each regiment and worked on strengthening their regiments by putting them in charge. As well i did more event leading and sims to keep the battalions skills sharp. This is where i started reaching out to other groups and asked for their advice on things as well as gave other battalion officers advice and information on issues that they were our would soon have to deal with. The promotions were much slower than because due to the natural focus on lower ranks and trying to get them to be good member of the battalion, but i stayed strong and continued to work with the other officers that had staff ranks to improve our training's. During the senior officer phase, i would also help with Events as a job (mostly in Dennis' events) so that i could get some RP moments with the 327th and possibly help motivate them to be involved in the events as a battalion, this also helped me see how they work without me around and how they RP and use communication in game.

327th Commander

This is that rank i have been for the longest out of them all (166 days spent at that rank). while being the Commander of the 327th i made sure i was available and approachable so that the rest of the battalion could function properly. I was a Commander for Poe, Tripoli, and now Jayarr. While in this position we received news that we would be getting new models, one of which would be an ARF Trooper. Since i was REGL i started by contacting the 91st, the ARFL, and their REGL on what is needed and how we can/should get this going (because they were in charge of ARF). we began a doc for tryouts and prepared an application docs for the ARF command positions. The first ARFO later quit before the models were added, but the current ARFL was chosen and will soon get the models so we can get the group up and running. My work as a Commander helped the correct people get promotions and made sure that the minges were reprimanded or removed to keep the battalions status better. finally after a Long LOA i had in the summer i returned and began to get good members into regimental positions so that they could lead the regiments properly and improve them.

327th Executive Officer

I received this rank shortly after Loopy received Bly as he decided he wanted me to be his second in command. While being the 2IC of 327th, i have made sure that the Leads of each regiment were chosen carefully and without indecision. As well, i had spent my time working through the ranks as a staff in order to be able to make training's for my men and other battalions. Working as an XO has given me the chance to settle issues between people withing the battalion and ensure that the officers are able to take charge and lead the NCOs without issue. As well i have been putting forward votes on changes recently in order to find what we all agree on. My time so far has been shorter than when i was a commander, but i have had slightly different responsibilities as an executive officer.

Battalion Commander Bly

Though my term was not able to be complete, while i was in command of the 327th as it's last Bly, i spent many hours in my first week sorting through documents and training's that people didn't really use in the past. I can honestly say that there was quite an issue with the amount of people that had access to stuff they shouldn't. Once the topic of training and roster based documents became a non issue, I moved on to the teamwork and leadership of my officers. When picking my officers for promotions and positions i can honestly say that i had some great commanders and officers by my side to make sure the 327th ran smoothly. It was hard work for everyone to rebuild the 327th, but everyone (Active and ex members) helped how they could. Before the removal of the 327th, the numbers actually began to steadily increase, what i learned is that cool weapons and buffs are only partly important when it comes to getting members, i realized as a BCMD that you need to have friendly, respectful, and reliable members/officer (and an active BCMD).

Doom's Unit LTC-COL

When i decided to rank transfer to DU, i was offered the rank of LTC. Though i feel like it took time to adjust to a new battalion, I have to enjoy the DU and all it's members. When i first started out i obviously was feeling like shit because i had just lost the battalion that i spend just over a year playing on as a clone, and i knew i would either have to suck it up or become inactive. In this position i did what i learned to do from my past experiences, which was just be a good leader. It seemed to have caught the DU high command's eyes because they granted the rank of Colonel. While in this position i was working on getting my old training's back and getting to know the workings of the battalion.

Doom's Unit Commander

When i received the rank of commander, i was asked which area i would like to be in charge of (the opened position was Infrastructure). I wasn't the most excited about it and to be quite honest i was a bit confused. Not long after, my little drill practices caught Trixx's eye and he told me that he liked that training i was doing. At that point in time i already was working on a drill document for the 327th (which nothing became of it because i was stuck trying to decide on how i would format the document). So i told him i was making the doc and that it will have everything a drill instructor would need (i still plan on finishing it for DU). 

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?:  

I have spent countless hours on the server doing things from document work to training to tryouts. I have and gotten to know how many of the battalions work and how many of the server members act. I am approachable and I am able to look at most issues from the point of view of someone else. I don't think that i am better than other people, i know what it means to be shit on by higher ranks and what it feels like to achieve things despite people trying to keep me from getting them. But most importantly, what i think a regimental commander needs, is to be willing to take fellow players opinions in order to better the regiment, which i think i can do.

I was originally going to put this in the Experience, but i decided to leave that for in server stuff. Before joining the server i worked on an MRP server where i joined the US Army. Upon joining i slowly worked way up and trained new members for the army, As i ended and retired from the Army, i left as a General (second highest rank on the server other than staff) and left it with a strong officer corp of capable soldiers and a standard of doing 3 training's daily as a requirement for them. as well i joined the Green berets which was an elite group.

When it comes to work ethics, i will work towards things until they are done (unless IRL gets in the way). I am not one to beat around the bush with people when it comes down to it, i am a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" kind of guy that wants to see my group improve and advance to the level it should be. My persistence to get through to people and make sure everyone understand where i am at in terms of what i want is high. I am a clear person when it comes to things i care about and i don't believe that obstacles should stop people from reaching what they want. Yes there is no such thing as perfection, and i am probably far from it, but no one will ever know if it exists if we don't try.

Most importantly in terms of leadership, i was a member of the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. I will not get into it that much, but i will focus on the fact that is teaches leadership and values of a good citizen. I became a Drill instructor and a survival instructor as well was the Squadron commander and highest rank that can be achieved. Doing this for 7 years taught me what it means to be a leader and an achiever. From this program i received a Long service medal, my first aid training, a level 2 marksmanship badge (goes up to level 4), a silver duke of Edinburgh pin (working on my gold), a bronze marksmanship badge, a silver effective speaking badge, a scholarship, and the respect of all my subordinates. I am telling you this because all of this has helped mold me into a capable leader and citizen. along with this i worked a training center for 3 years in the summer, in which the first two i was in charge of flights (platoon) of cadets wanting to learn survival, over the span of 6 weeks on the first year, my cadets won top flight of the week 3 times (this one was out of 4 flights), on the 6 weeks of the second year, my cadets won top flight of the week 4 times and won top flight overall (this one was out of 3). This was to show my ability as a leader and what i have achieved IRL. Lastly i plan on joining the Canadian Armed Forces.

Do you understand the lore of your regiment?: Yes, but I will be spending more time refreshing myself on their lore due to the fact that i learned this lore quite a while ago.

Availability:
All of these times are based off of a perfect situation (i.e. if something comes up, i have connection problem, if university gets harder, or if there are out of control situations. i will let people know though):
Monday: 1300h - 2030h CST
Tuesday: 1300h - 2030h CST
Wednesday: Busy that day (i may get on if i bring my laptop to university, cause i have a large break in between classes i use for studying mostly)
Thursday: 1300h - 2030h CST
Friday: 1130h - 1700h CST
Saturday: 1000h - 1700h CST
Sunday: Busy that day (i may get on if regular schedule is cancelled)
I will be able to put my attention more on the regiments soon

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

327th MEDO

327th Commander

327th Regimental Lead

327th Executive Officer A'den

Battalion Commander Bly

Doom's Unit Commander

Doom's Unit Disciplinary Lead

Senator Lux Bonteri

Senior Admin

Game Master

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?:

As it stands, I want the regiment to be in a strong position in terms of their respectability on the server. I know that their activity is strong and their teamwork is strong, which is why i want them to be focusing more on inter-battalion relationships. I think that this is the next step for all of them, they are strong individually, now they need to work more on their abilities between each other, I know this may be cheesy, but i want them to be like the elves and dwarves in the fight against orcs from battle of the five armies, working side by side and using the strengths from the other battalions to make everyone stronger. By the end of my term i hope to see them doing battalion training together, and often.

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?: 

I have a few ideas when it comes to improving the relations. One of which involves my drill document, I hope that when it's done it can help regulate drill movements. You may be wondering how this can help with relations, well the drill document being used by all three battalions would mean that they can all do drill together (trust me when i say that a number Doom's Unit members are enjoying doing the drill i host). Secondly, this will allow me to do competitions with them for money. Obviously pitting battalions against battalions wouldn't improve the relations, so the battalions would be mixed up in order to ensure teamwork with new people.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a two month term limit and you must reapply after two months to maintain your regimental commander rank?: Yes

Edited by Willyworm1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

• Management
Management

+1 I think you would fit the role of Regimental well

Good luck

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 In the words of DJ Khalid: "Another One."

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1

Willy you sort of landed on my doorstep and I couldn't have been more surprised and pleased that you chose DU to join. You have been a fantastic addition to my command and it would be sad to see you go but I think you would do good here.

• Friendly 1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

GM Leadership

+1, I am pleased someone wants the job

• Friendly 1

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retired Founder

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

This is due to the other applicant receiving the position prior to your app being accepted.

You may apply for another commander positions after 04/06/2020.

// Moved to Commander Applications - Denied