GM Discussion Thread

Hello All

In order to express clarity, as well as take feedback, answer questions pretty much anything related to the Game master program this thread has been created. If you have any criticism, questions comments or concerns feel free to air your grievances below! 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Do some more storylines. This has the most creative ability. For example, if your main enemy dies, next event a fleet will come in for revenge or attempt to assassinate the one who killed them. Or if they live, it could potentially lead to a deployment.

storylines are much more fun and at least in my case, make me want to get on to experience the next part

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Head Admin

We only have 2 EU GMs,  sad boi hours

• Funny 1

Current: Head Admin | Marshal Commander

What we need are GMs who are dedicated to doing events and not just “because they HAVE to do events” that just makes events short and not much detail. There are only a handful or less that actually like to do events and whenever those people do events everyone usually likes them *cough cough scribbles* but there needs to be a much bigger emphasis on quality events that will entertain the player base instead of shitty events back to back to back.

1 minute ago, AriZona said:

What we need are GMs who are dedicated to doing events and not just “because they HAVE to do events” that just makes events short and not much detail. There are only a handful or less that actually like to do events and whenever those people do events everyone usually likes them *cough cough scribbles* but there needs to be a much bigger emphasis on quality events that will entertain the player base instead of shitty events back to back to back.

We’ve actually been on the quality > quantity train for a while now, however the quotas are small and mostly based on AAR ratings.

its small steps but this is the directional phase, and we are making progress! I hope this helps.

GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

1 hour ago, AriZona said:

I agree. Either remove the quota or massively increase it so it doesn't feel like GMs are pressured into doing them because they need to

Head Admin
2 hours ago, AriZona said:

What we need are GMs who are dedicated to doing events and not just “because they HAVE to do events”

There's actually quite some GMs who do this. For example @Cutlaw is one of these. He takes time. Me and him both have been building since monday 10/2/2020 and are still building nonstop for just 1 event. However, I do get your point on that some GMs don't like doing it.

• Friendly 1

Current: Head Admin | Marshal Commander

Keep in mind not all GM or even Staff are the best at building so they try to work with what they've got.

Hell I didn't learn how to build up until I was a Head Admin but I at least tried to throw props here and there or use other people's dupes in my events when I was a GM.

spacer.png Me after building a dupe for an event that I know will get broken because of a thermal det

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

we need some like dedicated gms to battalions, like how nade always deployed 212th or 104th i believe in their campaign, and i deployed 104th quite alot because i was good at hostage, neg events. if someone is good at a particular good event style, hone on it for the single deployment events. makes battalions feel more special and most of the time are better.

• Informative 1

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

59 minutes ago, McFisher said:

we need some like dedicated gms to battalions, like how nade always deployed 212th or 104th i believe in their campaign, and i deployed 104th quite alot because i was good at hostage, neg events. if someone is good at a particular good event style, hone on it for the single deployment events. makes battalions feel more special and most of the time are better.

All GM’s have the ability to do so, but dedicating GM’s to certain battalions is flawed for a couple reasons, such as if a GM wants to branch out and work with others, repetition, etc 

however I will stress communicating and working with battalions closer

• Friendly 1

33 minutes ago, SymphonyOfPayne said:

I have some ideas if anyone is interested in hosting my events. This Link as well as other more original story ideas. Some story to add on to more then simple shooting events.

https://synergyroleplay.com/forums/forum/87-event-ideas/

For future reference! 
however thank you for sharing! If you have any more ideas or anything feel free to plop them down in a post there.