Voided.

Blur

Name: Blur

RP Rank: Private

Suggestion: Give CTs the opportunity to reach the rank of SGT or Higher before joining a battalion. 

Reasoning:  We are never given a true opportunity to stay a CT without joining a battalion. Some of us don't want to deal with the problems of joining a battalion and would like to just stay as a CT. At the current moment, it is not known of which who can promote CTs and that's just foul. We are looked upon as minges, but personally I've seen some of the best, most thought of and immersive, RP from CTs. It honestly isn't reasonable to allegedly force us to forever be Privates because we choose not to voluntarily join a battalion. It honestly would not be part of all to establish this a thing, it can be achieved by 1 person alone.

Implementation: Sufficiently establishing a new rule that's all. It also can be done by assigning senior ranks and or someone that would love to do it with the impunity to be able to promote CT accordingly. I personally would love to handle all of it and am down to talk about how this can be undoubtedly done. | A simple google spreadsheet would work. Superior ranks will exclusively be assigned to those that have shown themselves. (Pretty much makes it to where set responsible people can promote good CTs

Lore:  Legends -> "Sergeant—Rank glyph is three chevrons. In command of a squad."

Cannon --> [https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Clone_Sergeant]  - It shows Clone Trooper Sergeant as well as Clone Lieutenant. 

Workshop content if applicable: "Require Development")
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: 

Edited by Blur
2 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

The reason we abolished the 101st was to incentivize CTs to join battalions, we don’t want people staying CTs therefore we got rid of the rank progression in it.

Good luck with this.

I understand your point, and I however did see the end of 101st. But with the way things are going, some of us just don't care for battalions. That is a very small percentage, most Good CTs are retired members.

• Agree 1

Tbh there's a lot of great evidence supporting both sides of the spectrum in adding ranked CT's .

This was @Sock Monkey's super old post from 2018 that created a well thought out rank structure for CT's.  Although it was denied, I would encourage you to perhaps draw some inspiration from it.  

As for me I've always been fine with there being some sort of structure to try and organize CT's who are extremely determined to stay within the unassigned "Division" of the GAR on our Server.

+1 from me.

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

• Management
Management

Okay so I want to state that I used to be all for this. CT Gang is where it's at.

but,

As of right now there are way too many battalions and not enough CTs to recruit for all of them to be stable. Being able to be promoted through the ranks upon joining a battalion is one of the many incentives for joining battalions and allowing people to be promoted (even if their not big promotions) will only counter that incentive and most likely have a lot of people stay as a CT just so they can be special and be a CT with a rank. This is totally not needed.

Also this wouldn't be a simple: "Oh now CTs can be promoted!" deal either. There are many factors to take into account upon implementing this:

1. Who can promote CTs? As of right now the only ranked individual as a CT is Sock and there is no limit to how many CTs there can be. Which brings me onto my next point,

2. How would we keep track of CTs? I would imagine a roster but who would keep up with this?

3. How would CTs be promoted? This would be along the lines of promotion requirements I would assume which is only making CTs more and more like a battalion.

4. What will CT Sergeants do? Will CTs grind for Sergeant just so they can say they are a "CT SGT" or will they have any type of responsibilities?

5. Who will discipline CTs that minge and/or act up? Who will act upon CTs with ranks when they mess around?

6. How will rank transfers work... Let's say I'm a SGT+ in any Battalion will I just be able to up and leave and claim my CT SGT rank?

7. Overall who will create this system for CTs and who will run it?

If this was to pass all I can see it leading to is another "battalion" just not labeled as such. Next thing we will see is "CT Medics, Heavies, etc" and "Allow CTs to be promoted past SGT" in the future.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

When I was a BCMD, (or somewhere around that time) I frequently talked to @Qalwho was Chancellor at the time about this. He brought up an idea very similar to this where a select few could reach the rank of Sergeant. Personally, I would cap it at Staff Sergeant -- just because at that point, you can do essentially everything you need to. Things such as TR trainings, being able to go to ARC selections, claim SIM rooms, etc.

I think that if CTs could do those things, they would be able to reap more benefits that your typical battalion clone would be able to handle. And it's only an SSG, which is probably someone who wouldn't want to join a battalion anyway, not only making it fair for him but invalidating the idea that it incentivizes joining a battalion.

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

• Management
Management
Just now, Ratio said:

I will say, though. Marvel's concerns are very valid ones. So I can see why this would be a tough sell.

spacer.png

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

29 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Okay so I want to state that I used to be all for this. CT Gang is where it's at.

but,

As of right now there are way too many battalions and not enough CTs to recruit for all of them to be stable. Being able to be promoted through the ranks upon joining a battalion is one of the many incentives for joining battalions and allowing people to be promoted (even if their not big promotions) will only counter that incentive and most likely have a lot of people stay as a CT just so they can be special and be a CT with a rank. This is totally not needed.

Also this wouldn't be a simple: "Oh now CTs can be promoted!" deal either. There are many factors to take into account upon implementing this:

1. Who can promote CTs? As of right now the only ranked individual as a CT is Sock and there is no limit to how many CTs there can be. Which brings me onto my next point,

2. How would we keep track of CTs? I would imagine a roster but who would keep up with this?

3. How would CTs be promoted? This would be along the lines of promotion requirements I would assume which is only making CTs more and more like a battalion.

4. What will CT Sergeants do? Will CTs grind for Sergeant just so they can say they are a "CT SGT" or will they have any type of responsibilities?

5. Who will discipline CTs that minge and/or act up? Who will act upon CTs with ranks when they mess around?

6. How will rank transfers work... Let's say I'm a SGT+ in any Battalion will I just be able to up and leave and claim my CT SGT rank?

7. Overall who will create this system for CTs and who will run it?

If this was to pass all I can see it leading to is another "battalion" just not labeled as such. Next thing we will see is "CT Medics, Heavies, etc" and "Allow CTs to be promoted past SGT" in the future.

Hm I like how you set this out. i'll answer these to the best of my ability.

1.  I could settle with any CMD+. 

2. A spreadsheet roster. I would volunteer to keep up with it. I'm highly skilled with code and document work. This because i don't wanna push this work on any other MCMD or anything.

3. Through good RP and hard work. Promotion requirements wouldn't be  needed. These ranks will only show how much work we put in for the community to be better thats all. 

4. They will lead the new CTs and hopefully turn them into future CMDs and future BCMDs. Their job is to lead, and be a good example. And of course claim sim rooms and -ect.

5. If we would assign someone who would like to do it, they would be in charge. Also CTs that minge have zero intent to play and roleplay. Staff can handle them accordingly. 

6. You have to work for your rank. I want the CT ranks to be ranks earned through nothing but hard work. Not for CTs but RP for other players to enjoy playing with Synergy.

7. Me,Sock or anyone that would like to help.

Please keep asking questions, i'd love to answer them.

30 minutes ago, Ratio said:

I will say, though. Marvel's concerns are very valid ones. So I can see why this would be a tough sell.

I agree about his concerns. I replied to them if you would like to go see it,I would love to see your opinion on the topic.

21 minutes ago, Alexz said:

-1 this doesn’t seem needed.

I see. Would you be as kind as to add more meaning of why it may not be needed. This can better help me understand on how it can be adjusted or if i should drop it. Furthermore thanks! ❤️ 

Just now, Eagle said:

-1 I would think that you make the ct' s more like a battalion by doing this.
In my opinion the current ct system is fine.

I see. Let me ask you this

Do you believe that CTs should be given the option to prove their worth and loyalty to Synergy without joining a battalion?

10 minutes ago, Blur said:

I see. Let me ask you this

Do you believe that CTs should be given the option to prove their worth and loyalty to Synergy without joining a battalion?

Yeah, if you choose to do it through CT's you can do it by gaining respect from others and being active.

spacer.png

Personally I think that CT's should be able to gain the rank of SGT. Not through taking part in a few events but as blur said through extremely hard work. Maybe even an application *hints* Anyway I feel like this rank should literally be given to 2-3 people who can prepare and get the new ct's in line ready for the battalions to take them away. Rank transfers are not allowed from Battalion to CT as that would ruin the extreme difficulty to becoming this rank. What if a CT just puts CT SGT in their name to get a free sgt rank? Well trust me I want SGT to be so hard to get / need to be trusted that you will be known. If you have SGT people will KNOW you are SGT. Either through activity, roleplay, discipline, leadership and organisation.  Either way this could work. Whether it be a simple title with slight CT authority or a single ranked job.

Enjoy! #ShieldForSergeant

• Agree 1

-1 No, if you are extremely dedicated to the position you can receive a promotion from a General IF they think you earned it.

It took Sock a long time to get where he is and no we don't need an official process because there SHOULDN'T be one.

Being a ranked CT is not a goal to be sought after but instead a reward for those that go above and beyond in RP, Dedication to the community, and provide the best experience for any new player that joins the server.

• Agree 3

This is fucking stupid a needs to stop.

CTs are the recruits for batts. they don't need ranks,  join a batt for ranks. You get better weapons and more people to talk to. You don't need to then work up to a stupid rank you can just chill. CT PVTs are either new members, minges or retired members. Retired members just want to chill and mess around, like a controllable minge. Minges wanna fuck about a break the rules and probably get kicked or banned. New member want to experience the server. A CT SGT will literally have like no point "manage the CTs and make sure they are not minges" Staff has been doing this for ages, it doesn't work. MCMD and Regs won't want to do a Roster for every person joining the server, imagine that, about 100+ CTs in a week, that's 100 new people on. almost all of them join batts, so you'd add them just to remove them. It's stupid not needed and adds responsibility to the job which people use when they don't want responsibility. 

Leave CT as the CT Gang. No CT squads Alpha, Butter, Charlie, Dumbass, Fucktard, etc.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

44 minutes ago, Gadget said:

This is fucking stupid a needs to stop.

CTs are the recruits for batts. they don't need ranks,  join a batt for ranks. You get better weapons and more people to talk to. You don't need to then work up to a stupid rank you can just chill. CT PVTs are either new members, minges or retired members. Retired members just want to chill and mess around, like a controllable minge. Minges wanna fuck about a break the rules and probably get kicked or banned. New member want to experience the server. A CT SGT will literally have like no point "manage the CTs and make sure they are not minges" Staff has been doing this for ages, it doesn't work. MCMD and Regs won't want to do a Roster for every person joining the server, imagine that, about 100+ CTs in a week, that's 100 new people on. almost all of them join batts, so you'd add them just to remove them. It's stupid not needed and adds responsibility to the job which people use when they don't want responsibility. 

Leave CT as the CT Gang. No CT squads Alpha, Butter, Charlie, Dumbass, Fucktard, etc.

You read this entire thread incorrectly. What you're saying contradicted the entire point of the post. 

51 minutes ago, Carter said:

-1 No, if you are extremely dedicated to the position you can receive a promotion from a General IF they think you earned it.

It took Sock a long time to get where he is and no we don't need an official process because there SHOULDN'T be one.

Being a ranked CT is not a goal to be sought after but instead a reward for those that go above and beyond in RP, Dedication to the community, and provide the best experience for any new player that joins the server.

Most of the points that have been made on this entire thread are very valid. So in terms, i'd like to just remove the suggestion. I've heard all i needed to hear.