The knife in combat rule

Holo

Name: Holo

RP Rank: 1SG

Suggestion: Exemping the "no knife in combat" rule

Implementation: allowing use of the knife in combat (please read below as i am gonna give some ideas of regulations) a few regulations we could put on it (No using it against NPCs If used on event job the event job must be humanoid Ex: wookies talz mandalorian and it must have an RP reason Ex: you are caught off guard so you resort to a knife or you are making a last stand. also im sure we're all aware of the knockback most weapons have such as the Z6 or the e5 that the standard commando job uses. it would be next to impossible for the knife wielder to get close to someone to abuse it

Lore: we've seen many troopers in phase 1 getting into fist fights with droids in both the animated series as well as one instance in the actual movies it would make since for troopers to begin using knifes if needed in combat during phase 2. While  yes i believe the knife is an OP weapon... its a knife its kid of meant to be even if people had the power to use the knife i dont believe it would be abused. there should be some regulation on it but outright banning it i think is abit unfair to the people who buy it

Mistakes were made

7 minutes ago, Holo said:

(No using it against NPCs

Why, what are the NPC's gonna do? Complain?

7 minutes ago, Holo said:

If used on event job the event job must be humanoid

Using it against event jobs would kill them way too quickly and would practically ruin an event/encounter. And most likely will just result in the gamemaster/countermaster/event job to complain.

9 minutes ago, Holo said:

im sure we're all aware of the knockback most weapons have such as the Z6 or the e5 that the standard commando job uses. it would be next to impossible for the knife wielder to get close to someone to abuse it

Here you even state that it wouldn't even be practical to use a knife on them because it'd be near impossible to even get close enough.

9 minutes ago, Holo said:

there should be some regulation on it but outright banning it i think is abit unfair to the people who buy it

No one is forcing people to purchase the knife. The knife is more or less a weapon to use on your friends in simulations.

-1 Overall.

• Agree 1

Just now, Bbstine said:

Why, what are the NPC's gonna do? Complain?

Using it against event jobs would kill them way too quickly and would practically ruin an event/encounter. And most likely will just result in the gamemaster/countermaster/event job to complain.

Here you even state that it wouldn't even be practical to use a knife on them because it'd be near impossible to even get close enough.

No one is forcing people to purchase the knife. The knife is more or less a weapon to use on your friends in simulations.

-1 Overall.

i state that it would be impossible to get near a event job purposely

Mistakes were made

15 minutes ago, Holo said:

i state that it would be impossible to get near a event job purposely

18 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

because it'd be near impossible to even get close enough.

Yeah I said that.

-1 I think they are fine currently and Knives are still cancer, especially with edgy Anti-Event Shadows walking around the place.

Edit: if it was to be used in any situation I would have it put back to the original damage outputs...

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

-1. Are you aware of the knife rules....

1. You are no longer allowed to knife Rakghouls, it doesn't make any sense to knife a creature like that head on 
2. NPC are okay to knife, as long as it follows one of the following parameters; 
          a. It is a CQC situation 
          b. The subject does not know you are there(stealth) 
          c. You have a legitimate RP reason to do so 
3. You cannot knife Sith unless it they do not know you are there(stealth)
4. Commanding Officer are allowed to decide if Knives are allowed to be used in a Sim or in BvB
5. The Knife will now be treated as a weapon off safety and you can be AOSd if you are found with it out on DEFCON 6, unless it is for a RP reason

-1 what PPstine said

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Banned

im boutta sell my knife real quick LOL 

r4ymo.gif

-1 I took out two SOBDE squads before ez clap it’s a bit much it would clap event jobs way to fast doing like 800+ damage. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, Holo said:

No using it against NPC's

we've seen many troopers in phase 1 getting into fist fights with droids in both the animated series as well as one instance in the actual movies it would make since for troopers to begin using knifes if needed in combat during phase 2.

So you're saying we shouldn't use it on NPC's while at the same time saying we should use it on NPCs. 65% of the time NPCs are droids.

• Management
Management

Bruh moments

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

On 7/15/2019 at 11:16 AM, Bbstine said:

Ya this would just fuck an event over so fast. Also knives wouldn’t just insta kill someone in reality if you’re trying to go for more realism. -1

Head Admin

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander