Going back to the last Endor map?

Scarecrow

Name: Scarecrow

RP Rank: Master of the Order Mace Windu

Suggestion: Change back the main sever map to the previous ground map we were on I am posting this due to the mass amount of complaints I have heard about the map and a few of my own misgivings with it such as the huge lag spikes near and in the clone base where framerate drops really low the frequent crashes that have been happening on the server and the general inconsistency in the performance.

While we have been on it despite the size currently there is more RP possibilities on that with the outposts mining facility the base can contain all the battalions and not leave certain people spawning out in the hallways and to acknowledge what will happen to the sith temple as it was destroyed cover it in debris so that RP can stay as it is and wouldn't impact anything much plus our previous map had better performance .

It will help with the infrastructure changes as all the new dupes needing to be created for trials ARC tryouts trainings the and in terms of stress with dupes that map functioned a lot better it when under stress with multiple dupes and droids at the same time it will create less tension between the factions.

Implementation: Switching the main sever map to the Synergy Base V4 I think was the version 

Lore: Well Synergy lore is a very complicated and confusing thing however saying that we were transported back to resecure the mining operation wouldn't be to hard to justify that as this particular part of endor secure would suffice and that our efforts should be focused on the mining operation.

• Winner 1
Banned

+1 

r4ymo.gif

Changing to Neutral, leaning to +1.

Jania is a cool map, and looks pleasing base wise and interior wise.

But it's dull, there's no place for sith without adding more onto the (taking a guess) 100-200+ props we already have perma propped. Not to mention something is completely butchering performance ever since we arrived when it was perfectly fine otherwise. It seems the minimal to no thought was given by the map creator for actual multiplayer optimization from the seems of it, and multiplayer optimization is a very hard thing to do. Maybe the base was BUILT with multiplayer in mind, but the execution is...not good.

If the map does not change, then for the love of god wipe perma props. Something is fucked up.

4 minutes ago, Pythin said:

The server also crashed 5 or 6 times yesterday. I think it would be a good idea. I don’t think we have had the server crash that most at all.

This is just staff team incompetence. A map alone can't crash a server unless the map maker severely fucked up.

Edited by Jayarr
1 minute ago, Jayarr said:

+1

Jania is a cool map, and looks pleasing base wise and interior wise.

But it's dull, there's no place for sith without adding more onto the (taking a guess) 100-200+ props we already have perma propped. Not to mention something is completely butchering performance ever since we arrived when it was perfectly fine otherwise. It seems the minimal to no thought was given by the map creator for actual multiplayer optimization from the seems of it, and multiplayer optimization is a very hard thing to do. Maybe the base was BUILT with multiplayer in mind, but the execution is...not good.

If the map does not change, then for the love of god wipe perma props. Something is fucked up.

This is just staff team incompetence. A map alone can't crash a server unless the map maker severely fucked up.

Thx for that also Jayarr

Former: Liaison

-1 stop changing the damn map

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Summing up the Pros and Cons pretty quickly for the map.

Pros
- Larger Map/Expansive Wilderness
- Generators are actually important
- Better Skybox
- No Crashing Issues (thus far that can be proven) Caused by the Map Itself
- On-Planet area for Jedi
- Outpost for Recon Battalions Separate from Base

Cons
- No Area for Sith (You'd be hard pressed to find a map that would accomodate Sith, Jedi, and Clones without having one custom made.)
- Not enough barracks (ARC had to take the OOC Lounge and CTs don't even have one)
- Dupes Need to be Remade (Likely would need to be remade for the Anaxes Map too ya know)
- Performance Drops (May or may not be related to map itself, yet tbd)
- Non-Optimized for Player Count (People are gonna bug me if I don't put it, but there's really almost no way to completely optimize a map on Source to fit 120 People, it wasn't made for that high player count)

The old map had issues from day one. And despite all the changes and reworkings it went through, it still wasn't fixed by the final version we had. This map made sure to take precautions the other map didn't and is all the better. The only crashings it has had have been related to spawning in events, which could happen on any map.

Overall, the map we have now is fine. We decided on it. The new map is on the way anyways, so it doesn't make sense to hop around a million maps in the meantime.

And, while I personally prefer extensive, gonna have to say -1 to this one. Pros of the map outweigh the Cons, and workarounds are available.