Comms Towers = Stoopid

Marvel

• Management
Management

Name: mArVeL

Suggestion: Remove the random "comms towers" around the map. Make one universal way that keeps comms up and running and vice verse.

Implementation: Deletus mcyeetus the "comms towers" around the map (the white slim towers that serve no purpose.) Also make a universal way comms are used. Currently I see people coming up with several different ways to "cut comms" to a certain area and people ignore it bc there is no set radius into which your comms would be borked. People also try to find loopholes in comms being down giving their own reasons as to why it does not affect them.
I say that the universal comms area should be at Charlie (big satellite thingy) or in the main Base (comms tower thingy). If it were to be tampered with then comms would be down in the surrounding areas (Base <-> Alpha / Base <-> Bravo / Base <-> Charlie) The base still has the PA system so people in BCC can just advert like "*Base PA* Yeah comms are fucked. Troopers go check I out!" Stuff like that. That's my idea at least but someone might have something better ya know.

Lore: Comms work one way, not several different dumb ways.

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: There are currently 7 comms towers around the map, the comms tower in base, the comms stations in Alpha and Bravo, and the satellite dish in Charlie. Uhhhhhhhh yeah. Why?

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 it makes no sense because the Comms tower for the Republic is on Coruscant https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Republic_Communications_Tower

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

• Management
Management
7 minutes ago, Cloves said:

+1 it makes no sense because the Comms tower for the Republic is on Coruscant https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Republic_Communications_Tower

I dunno if thatwould work that way. Coruscant is lightyears from Endor so I imagine we would have a comms tower on Endor to use. That's why I volunteered Charlie as the comms outpost (:<

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

Just now, Marvel said:

I dunno if thatwould work that way. Coruscant is lightyears from Endor so I imagine we would have a comms tower on Endor to use. That's why I volunteered Charlie as the comms outpost (:<

No, I am stating that comms going down on Endor because of one comms tower going down in Alpha. At least have one Major Comms tower in main base

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

+1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Management
Management
8 minutes ago, justuscloud5 said:

Neutral what about sith comms? 

LOL wut? You're saying that the Sith use our comms towers? Wouldn't that mean they use our comms as well? 

tbh idc how the Sith RP about how they use their comms as long as it ain't dumb. I'm worried about the Republic and the Republic only.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

I +1 this, however I would rather recommend they’re purpose be changed, rather than removing them altogether. Maybe use them as airwave scanners, topography scanners to detect any abnormalities, radar, etc. maybe change roles of certain ones to be one thing, others to be another thing (giving them textscreens to indicate their role).

they give a little extra life to the map, id love to see them actually be used for something instead of being illogical comms towers. 

Edited by Synyster

Ex-DU CMD/XO - Wrote the lore for the original Havoc Squad members, it’s nbd 🥱 - Just your friendly neighborhood fucktard 

• Management
Management
On 4/29/2019 at 2:22 AM, Forseen said:

I was told that @Bananaberry that apparently these towers around the map are actually part of the map.

Yeah they are. Doesn't mean we can't get them removed.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

Banned

+1 Good Luck

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

+1

comms towers = mega homo

ive tried to utilize them in events, but it's a bit too big brained for the synergy boyos. Maybe they can be repurposed or some shit but I've got no clue.

• Agree 1

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

• 4 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Moving to denied due to map change