Military Roleplay

Personally, I believe that Synergy should stay as a CWRP only community, it's been working fine since the birth of this community. I don't believe that Military RP will work for a number of reasons, mainly because the content will be identical to that of Icefuse's MRP. Mainly policy-wise and rule-wise, which makes sense because this community was built off of Icefuse.

I'm not looking to cause drama, but a man gets interested in this sort of thing every once in a while. What do you all think?

• Agree 6

I think if we stick doing the same thing . Synergy will die in the up coming months

If we dont do something other than CW and do it right

no new people will come bringing new ideas, and there wont be any change. 

people think that we can just do CW for a long time and keep going but that wont work?

Yes Jek said this couldn't die, but it was because we were growing. at the point we are at now. its only just people have played and keep playing.

its only the same faces. rare new people. Who come on for a day and then leave. 

If change doesnt embark then the only way is down. Thats just facts. 

Edited by Pythin
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

Former: Liaison

45 minutes ago, Pythin said:

I think if we stick doing the same thing . Synergy will die in the up coming months

Well, they tried something different, and it died within a month. 

MRP should have been balanced properly before it was released, rushing a server is never a good idea 

54 minutes ago, Pythin said:

My take is that big updates as of recent are a good approach for clone wars. If they keep pushing out huge updates with things people have requested and they hype up those things then the server will not die. Maybe some people will get burnt out and take their leave but new people will come in too. It's always been like this. Before synergy, icefuse was like this with clone wars where they built up their player base for years on years to the point where they knew they could split off into more. They constantly had 128 players on, even sometimes in the morning. That's the case where people should get ready for MRP or darkRP or anything else. MRP probably will happen, just not in the coming year or so.

That's how I've seen it in my five years I've played CWRP and I stand by that.

When Synergy first started the community was told we'd only ever be SWRP. Ofcourse, that was another idea from the start the quickly got thrown away. I honestly think its stupid to try building a MRP server when people come here for SWRP. Same with TTT, most players come on Synergy for SWRP not any other gamemode. They're obviously is some overlap and some players did move MRP, however its not enough to fully self-sustain and regenerate a population, and Synergy has never built population from the ground up since this community has always had a good player count from the players who left Icefuse.

Why not branch out to perhaps other games, instead of Garry's Mod?  Perhaps grow a new population stemming from a different source.

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

I'm still on the opinion that the reason why MRP was a failure because of the following:

1. Balancing Issues at Launch due to lack of testing to push the server to release.
2. Having the Clone Wars Update launch as MRP re-launched itself. 
3. This community is mostly interested in CWRP. (Don't fault them for trying something new, like TTT)
4. Got launched during the holidays, most people were busy.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

On 3/31/2019 at 6:42 PM, Red_Panda said:

I'm still on the opinion that the reason why MRP was a failure because of the following:

1. Balancing Issues at Launch due to lack of testing to push the server to release.
2. Having the Clone Wars Update launch as MRP re-launched itself. 
3. This community is mostly interested in CWRP. (Don't fault them for trying something new, like TTT)
4. Got launched during the holidays, most people were busy.

I can second that

We launched stuff at the wrong time, and as well as our community was majorly people from CW; when ever a update happened on CW our pop dipped greatly because of the majority being from CW.

Also Something Panda forgot to say was that, just gonna say it, most of the first HA’s did jack shit tbh. There should have been an active high staff like we did closer towards the end. Also the commanders. They were also inactive. To have a server you need an active High Command as well as High staff. Without this server died the way it did. As well as the stuff Panda said

• Friendly 1

well I think expansion is good it's just doing it right and making things vary hell you could even do different kinds of star wars Kotor, Swotor , Rise of the empire, Empire, Then the new thing that Disney did. 

But it's all about developing it right having it ready before relases having a initial player base and having as few issue's as possible when starting it up.

With that it's about then expanding a community not relying on current community members to move over to the new server as much.

Edited by Scarecrow
16 minutes ago, Jorrdan said:

Honestly, our community is a star wars community

We can benefit from another SWRP server but nothing else IMO. Expanding our community to more then Clone Wars isn't all of a bad Idea just needs to be executed correctly

A lot of people enjoy halo from what I’ve seen.

id still be down for Halo RP

On 3/31/2019 at 8:16 AM, Pythin said:

If we dont do something other than CW and do it right

no new people will come bringing new ideas, and there wont be any change. 

people think that we can just do CW for a long time and keep going but that wont work?

Yes Jek said this couldn't die, but it was because we were growing. at the point we are at now. its only just people have played and keep playing.

its only the same faces. rare new people. Who come on for a day and then leave. 

If change doesnt embark then the only way is down. Thats just facts. 

I disagree with pretty much everything stated here.

The community of Synergy was founded from a bunch of Icefuse Players who were unhappy with what happened to Joah and unhappy with the way Icefuse was doing things. Specifically with their Clone Wars branch. I'd go as far to say that 90% if not more of the people that started Synergy were from Icefuse CWRP exclusively. Clone Wars is what the community was founded on and is what a gross majority of the player base is invested in to.

New people come in all the time. The best example that comes to mind is my Wrecker, Greek. He was pretty much a fresh CT when he got into Bad Batch and, while not new to GMod, he was new to the server. He has brought plenty of good ideas to the table and is already a Senior Admin. Saying no new people will come in to bring new and fresh ideas is just flat out wrong.

Not saying that branching out into other things would be bad or pointless, but it's hard to justify it when this community has already tried that so many time and ALL of them have been shut down or canceled. You and everyone else have every right to be upset about the way MRP was handled but sometimes shit just happens. It would have been neat to see MRP thrive but at the end of the day this community was founded on one thing; Clone Wars.

The thought that not expanding is going to kill the community in a few months is ludicrous at best.

Edited by Baxter
typos
  • Winner 3

lol "not trying to start drama"

probably shouldn't have started the post in the first place bud, knowing it would cause issues. Just leave it alone, stop bringing stuff back up that was in the past. And MRP could've been something if it was properly executed, unfortunately it wasn't, END OF STORY.

Edited by Ching

I do agree with the MRP being backed up and here's why.

First off, we can have more of a player fan base instead of just sitting in one CWRP server as we usually do now and we would have more room. Also, We can bring back TTT if people just want to go play and have some fun off just to get off the SEMI-SERIOUS RP servers and just want do and actually play GMOD. Thus would create more revenue and you would be able to expand on the more of player base as they would be able to connect to servers of the same brand they like.

Secondly, As stated before this adds more players to our fanbase. Adding more playing is a thing if properly executed as Ching had said. As what I seen, the MRP wasn't properly executed at some certain degree.

Lastly, The more of a fan base we do and the more revenue you would get as stated. In a business stand point, to be able to expand you must start for small to get bigger and bigger. If sticking to one thing at a time, sooner or later some people might leave to go do something else and or go play something else aka BURNOUTs as you would call it. So having a diverse server and I know it would cost a lot but starting from small it would help it a bit.

Overall gesture, I do agree on having the MRP to be back up. But you must start it as a small and eventually grow it slowly but surely. It would give more diversity and more to the fan base of this community. Also, if you have other game modes in mind. Don't be afraid of it being a slow start, all businesses start slow and you will eventually get to the top point. Such as the communities of MOAT.GG, GFL and etc.

5 hours ago, Baxter said:

I disagree with pretty much everything stated here.

The community of Synergy was founded from a bunch of Icefuse Players who were unhappy with what happened to Joah and unhappy with the way Icefuse was doing things. Specifically with their Clone Wars branch. I'd go as far to say that 90% if not more of the people that started Synergy were from Icefuse CWRP exclusively. Clone Wars is what the community was founded on and is what a gross majority of the player base is invested in to.

New people come in all the time. The best example that comes to mind is my Wrecker, Greek. He was pretty much a fresh CT when he got into Bad Batch and, while not new to GMod, he was new to the server. He has brought plenty of good ideas to the table and is already a Senior Admin. Saying no new people will come in to bring new and fresh ideas is just flat out wrong.

Not saying that branching out into other things would be bad or pointless, but it's hard to justify it when this community has already tried that so many time and ALL of them have been shut down or canceled. You and everyone else have every right to be upset about the way MRP was handled but sometimes shit just happens. It would have been neat to see MRP thrive but at the end of the day this community was founded on one thing; Clone Wars.

The thought that not expanding is going to kill the community in a few months is ludicrous at best.

The reason for this being is because they aren’t usually made right, or are either brought out without all the stuff added in.

also yes it is the same faces everyday. Greek came  in like January  around 4 months ago if I remember correctly. I see only the same faces on. Not saying there aren’t a few new faces, but majorly a few

Some of the community’s I use to come from normally had more than one server, and it was always a diverse community. I liked that because of the MRP had A idea for a CW server they could help out and the other way around. If you keep doing the same thing with change then it won’t succeed forever. 

Thats why I think we should bring in new servers.

We just need to spend more time developing it