Make DB Unclaimable

Logic

Name: Logic | Gree

Suggestion: Make Debrief Unclaimable

Implementation: So bascially, just tell the people claiming debrief to make a dupe, because it makes no difference whether you practice on the real thing or on a dupe that looks similar

Lore: N/A

Okay so before you all dumb me and shit, lets point out that this has led to staff abuse and arrests in the past, and is causing issues. I have mentioned this to Husly and got immediately shut down by him saying "They need to practice on the real thing" so I believe community feedback is a better way to show that this does indeed cause issues and a dupe needs to be made (I'll even make it for him)

• Friendly 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

32 minutes ago, Ratio said:

Base Ops already has a debrief dupe. I've used it before. 

They shut down DB again right before I posted this,  so they refuse to use it still

• Friendly 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

How is this an issue? I can only imagine it being if someone is going out of their way to bother whoever claimed it.

Such as they are training on it and people just come in to see what's going on but get in the way instead of sitting down and spectating.

Base Ops run the facility, so they should be able to claim an area for official use just as they do with Medbay/Engine Room.

If the Briefing room is required for a promo or debrief then it should override their claiming as the room is now required for a legit reason vs. training.

The briefing room is still a ceremonial room and should be treated as such, not another hangout place. Claiming it is a bit weird but the harm is coming from how people interact over it, not the actual act of claiming it.

1 hour ago, Zyner said:

How is this an issue? I can only imagine it being if someone is going out of their way to bother whoever claimed it.

Such as they are training on it and people just come in to see what's going on but get in the way instead of sitting down and spectating.

Base Ops run the facility, so they should be able to claim an area for official use just as they do with Medbay/Engine Room.

If the Briefing room is required for a promo or debrief then it should override their claiming as the room is now required for a legit reason vs. training.

The briefing room is still a ceremonial room and should be treated as such, not another hangout place. Claiming it is a bit weird but the harm is coming from how people interact over it, not the actual act of claiming it.

The issue is they block it off or put up AOS on entry signs, this even led to Smalljeff getting staff abused and a whole report popping up

with gen room/med bay they don’t close it off or anything, they just do their thing and its still usable for everyone, that is not the case for DB

Edited by 41st Logic

2 hours ago, Zyner said:

It’s not. Some people just like causing issues.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

-1 like you’ve been told so many times, we do it when it’s not being used, and are prepared to give it up if someone needs it, which hasn’t happened yet.

we don’t block it off, only AOS if they disrupt

Edited by Kronos Jones

GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

3 minutes ago, Kronos Jones said:

we don’t block it off, only AOS if they disrupt

Full on lie, it was blocked off earlier today, witnesses being smalljeff and Allegro

21 minutes ago, 41st Logic said:

Full on lie, it was blocked off earlier today, witnesses being smalljeff and Allegro

Well they aren’t supposed to give me names. You should’ve gone to Base Ops HC before making this. 

4 minutes ago, Kronos Jones said:

Well they aren’t supposed to give me names. You should’ve gone to Base Ops HC before making this. 

Why can’t you guys just accept that this causes fucking issues, like seriously, someone got demoted in staff because you think you are better than everyone and don’t need a dupe

• Agree 2

Just now, 41st Logic said:

Why can’t you guys just accept that this causes fucking issues, like seriously, someone got demoted in staff because you think you are better than everyone and don’t need a dupe

Keep this civil all I’m gonna say.

5 minutes ago, 41st Logic said:

Who was demoted? I seriously doubt someone was demoted over something like this.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

This is not a conducive line of discussion. This sort of change should be brought to me directly if it continued to be an issue in your mind. I shut it down once before because we had a discussion on it, and the discussion ended. I do not appreciate this line of action, however, I'm fine with letting this remain up to hear community feedback as I am flexible, however,  understand that this is incredibly rude, and does undermine my authority as the Base Commander. In the future, if you wish a change to be made, and have previously been shot down before, you could bring it up to me again, or multiple other avenues of questioning. This is practically a public callout at this point, and can almost be considered baiting drama.

That being said. I am open ears to  "remove claiming of DB", however, as stated earlier, the debrief is essentially the "property" of the base operations, we utilize it for our tryouts, if another battalion needs it they can either request, or simply wait, as the time we spend in debrief during our tryouts is nominal at worst. Most of our members are not SA+, and limiting us to a dupe also creates a scenario where we can only do tryouts when a SA+ is on. It is my belief that this topic is entirely unnecessary, and the fact that anyone has an issue with the Base Operations utilizing debrief for 10-15 minutes, while it is not under use 99% of the day is absolutely ludicrous.  I will NOT be utilizing this thread to defend my side, or even reply to any posts concerning this issue, as it is not something that should be posted on the forums at length. If someone has an issue with it, they can discuss it with me directly. Please relegate your response to giving your intended feedback, not beginning any sort of argument. This applies to both +1 and -1. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me on discord or teamspeak, or message me directly on the forums.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2
13 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

Who was demoted? I seriously doubt someone was demoted over something like this.

2 minutes ago, [SR] Carvis [A] said:

I was not demoted. I was suspended. 

And my suspention had nothing to do with the DB claim, it was from my actions.

-1 to this suggestion

It was carvis, but i was incorrect, it was a suspension, the fact remains that that wouldn’t have happened if they used a dupe

• Agree 1

• Founder
Founder

I don't think anyone ever stated that DB was ever able to be claimed. Or at least I haven't heard any changes about it.

6 minutes ago, Square said:

I don't think anyone ever stated that DB was ever able to be claimed. Or at least I haven't heard any changes about it.

They seem to believe they can

• Agree 1

Just putting this out here it’s not inherently claimed during tryouts. Just putting it out there it’s basically functioning the same way an optional promo ceremony would.

6 minutes ago, Kronos Jones said:

Just putting this out here it’s not inherently claimed during tryouts. Just putting it out there it’s basically functioning the same way an optional promo ceremony would.

Just putting it out there “BaseOps tryouts AOS on entry” or a ton of props blocking the doirs. Just putting it out there, thats not what optional DBs are like

• Agree 2

Just now, 41st Logic said:

Just putting it out there “BaseOps tryouts AOS on entry” or a ton of props blocking the doirs. Just putting it out there, thats not what optional DBs are like

Is it imperative that you enter debrief during tryouts when it's not under use? I fail to see the issue here.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

Hi Logic,

First off next time just @ me ok thanks!

also if you have a problem with it you could have talked to me in the game or in TS. 

And I never asked for it to be blocked off directly it was done because people were walking in and disturbing tryouts. Base Ops also needs this for our tryouts because its apart of the job that we do, and we do the part in the game to simulate what might happen when hosting a DB. I also informed the shock Captian Jay, who was the highest ranking on at the time and he adverted to everyone we would be in there hosting tryouts. So henceforth if you have a problem with something that Base Ops is doing talk to an officer in Base Ops or talk to Husky directly. 

I would also like to point out that the whole of 327th walked in and respectfully left because there was no DB called.  So there was no reason to need to go into there and get mad about it being blocked off. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Lets keep this to feedback. I talked to both Husky and Fizzik, opinions won’t change on the matter so let community feedback be the decision maker

also a firm reminder that dumbing all my posts because i have a differing opinion is child like and toxic @Kronos Jones

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

After discussing the issue between the three of us we have come to a decision regarding this suggestion.

The positives.

1. Reduces server lag by not adding more props (People have placed DB dupes before not just for tryouts (Courtyard for outdoor DB) and get harassed for wasting the already underutilized DB room)

2. Freeing SAs to run sims and tryouts that absolutely require dupes.

3. Allowing BO to host their tryouts like a normal battalion without having to chase a staff around to host tryouts.

The potential negatives.

1. DB might be needed for optional promo or event thing (Which point BO is smart enough to leave)

Yeah, that's the only one we could see.

That being said this is what the official ruling will be:

BO can use the DB for tryouts.

DB can be used for valid RP purposes. ie: holding a briefing regarding a mission/tournament/RP announcement.

If anyone tries to circumvent this ruling or exploit it they will be punished accordingly.

This suggestion has been DENIED

//Locked//

//Move to Denied//

• Winner 1