The State of Base Ops and It's future

As many people are aware the current BO is not in a good state and the server management has been looking into the problem and frankly, it's in horrid condition.

For the time being BO will be shut down, purged and completely re-worked jobs and responsibility wise and a suggestion regarding the changes to jobs will be forthcoming shortly.

When BO re-opens again it will be treated as a new branch and Base Commander application requirements will be waived so any may apply if they think they can run it. this will be a fresh start with nothing holding over as BO has become bloated with too many programs and useless responsibilities that have killed it.  

The suggestion regarding the job re-works will be coming out shortly and I will be working with HC to make sure everything is in place and properly prepared for BO return.

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 5
  • Friendly 1
Forum Admin

I mean, few designated people caused this.

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

There has been issues with Base ops in terms of activity and otherwise. Now there are a lot of ways to solve this issue but fulling removing something that people have paid money so they could be involved in it or have dedicated large amounts of time to documents and otherwise would rob them of all that work. Chambers already has an idea of how to fix Base Ops in a way that does not involve turning them into event jobs. As a result this suggestion is 
DENIED

Thats a direct quote from Jacksons response to JB's suggestion to remove base ops. Its the highlighted part in yellow that is ironic as fuck to me. Y'all said "We don't want to remove it because people have dedicated large amounts of time to documents and other stuff" so the solution is to wipe everything and still make all that work useless again. 

• Agree 4
Just now, 104th Spartan said:

There has been issues with Base ops in terms of activity and otherwise. Now there are a lot of ways to solve this issue but fulling removing something that people have paid money so they could be involved in it or have dedicated large amounts of time to documents and otherwise would rob them of all that work. Chambers already has an idea of how to fix Base Ops in a way that does not involve turning them into event jobs. As a result this suggestion is 
DENIED

Thats a direct quote from Jacksons response to JB's suggestion to remove base ops. Its the highlighted part in yellow that is ironic as fuck to me. Y'all said "We don't want to remove it because people have dedicated large amounts of time to documents and other stuff" so the solution is to wipe everything and still make all that work useless again. 

What? I’m not being rude I just don’t understand what your getting at because I have no brain cells.

@Skeeti This sounds like you but this time, it was needed

• Funny 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Just now, IKE said:

What? I’m not being rude I just don’t understand what your getting at because I have no brain cells.

The reason JB's suggestion to remove Base Ops was denied is because it wouldn't be fair to remove something that people have put so much time and effort into. For example like making Documents, Jobs, Rules, Discords etc. Yet the solution they went with instead is to completely wipe Base Ops and rework all their jobs and documents which makes all the work they did for nothing. I think thats ironic because their solution is doing the very thing that they used as their reason for not removing base ops.

Just now, 104th Spartan said:

The reason JB's suggestion to remove Base Ops was denied is because it wouldn't be fair to remove something that people have put so much time and effort into. For example like making Documents, Jobs, Rules, Discords etc. Yet the solution they went with instead is to completely wipe Base Ops and rework all their jobs and documents which makes all the work they did for nothing. I think thats ironic because their solution is doing the very thing that they used as their reason for not removing base ops.

I think what Jackson meant it that some people bought VIP for BO 

The hero we don't deserve.

ladies and gentlemen this is what you get for having a circle jerk of an officer corps, with powerplays occurring in the fashion of a 2ndLT trying to demote a CMD.

All you incompetent fuckers are the reason base ops died.

You had it coming

• Agree 6
  • Funny 2
  • Winner 4

British

Just now, Freck said:

ladies and gentlemen this is what you get for having a circle jerk of an officer corps, with powerplays occurring in the fashion of a 2ndLT trying to demote a CMD.

You had it coming

pls come back

• Winner 1
Forum Admin

vv

Just now, Freck said:

You had it coming

*cough* Stern

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

19 minutes ago, Freck said:

You had it coming

#FreckForHonoraryAdmiral xd

• Winner 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Banned

Base Ops - We're going to fix ourselves

Chambers -
272263717385353bc1b35ca6ab4d6633.png

• Funny 3

r4ymo.gif

9 minutes ago, Freck said:
17 minutes ago, IKE said:

Who control gates now in Base Ops absence @Chambers

ST I guess

Nope, CT Privates control the gates and the base now.

On to the serious note: With the BaseOp absent, who is/are going to enforce the RP, such as Medical, Engineering, Flight Clearance, etc.?

48 minutes ago, Freck said:

You had it coming

You were actually better ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Friendly 1

Well tbh I liked to play base ops (event had pre made char with own lore for it) but like being said no Yuralen and stuff would save us only the wipe yeah I wrote the comment againts removal but then I have realized how fucked we have been 

We were still considered as Naval in some points and the only job instead of making docx has been opening courtyard doors and defcon changing with db host

We were not prepared for change..

Kind Regards

Nobie

Edited by Chef Boiardi

Is there an RP reason for the removal of BaseOps? 

not gonna lie, it was real annoying to wait 20 minutes just to find out what the ATC status was, but it seems a little too far to completely remove it.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

On 1/5/2019 at 10:58 PM, Baller said:

But real talk though, wtf happened to the discord? Thats my only flex zone!! xd

We all got removed buddy, they doing like a complete refresh and we will have to speak to the new admiral on our honorary status back