TRO Suggestion

NotTaz

Name: TRO Taz   91st Lightning Squad Medical Lead Warrant Officer   Fleet Medical Officer Warrant Officer      

Suggestion: Give TRO's the ability to teleport people. The reasoning for this is stated below.

Implementation: Would be very useful for TRO's, having the ability to teleport to the CC, and pull someone when it is needed is getting rid of the time that it takes for a TRO to run all the way to the CC from where they are on the ship.

Lore: None needed.

Workshop content if applicable: It would be more of coding and adding a tag like the [Admin] but it would be [TRO].

Disclaimer: If this has been brought up before, I'm sorry for suggesting it again.

Edited by Taz
Worded it a little better, I think.
1 minute ago, Carter said:

Just become an NA?  You just perform your regular duties in the TR Program and get the staff powers too?

What if you dont want the added stress of staff and seeing many tickets that you cant do getting unanswered and thinking, is this the true meaning if life?

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

19 minutes ago, Alec said:

-1 To get TRO you basically just have to SS the TR room, And you're saying they should get staff powers for it?

No, just the ability to teleport. That way TRO’s don’t need to waste precious time to wait for an admin to claim a ticket. If you want to talk to me more about it use personal message.

20 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

-1 Like in other suggestions. HA+ will not give regular players staff abilities. Just become a NA

Most staff are TRs which are NA+

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

+1 They really need the power to do most of their job in the first place.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, Rackarain said:

apply for staff to do it.

not everone who is tr wants to be staff..

12 hours ago, Taur said:

-1 Become staff or just make staff a requirement for TRO's

thats a terrible idea the two branches are seperate for a reason, again you should be able to be trd without being staff.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:59 AM, Carter said:

Just become an NA?  You just perform your regular duties in the TR Program and get the staff powers too?

They are seperate programs, they shouldnt have to rely on one another. Not everone wants to hold a staff rank.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

I don't see this as very hard to create itself. Its basically a rank that just teleports. 

I have met a lot of trainers who do not want to be staff for different reasons. On days like this where some of the staff are being obnoxiously lazy, this would be very practical for the TRO.

If people abuse an otherwise powerless ability, we take it away simple as that.

+1

+1 People talking about TROs being regular players and that there is possibility for abuse can easily be applied to the staff program. Almost anyone can walk in and get NA with common sense and decent effort. It's not like the interviews/applications are very selective. If they deem someone responsible enough to become a TRO, then they should easily be responsible enough to hold the ability to teleport. 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Retired Founder
On 8/9/2018 at 4:06 AM, OneNiner6719 said:

+1 why not?

How about why?
It would require a new rank in-game for all TR. It would require me to reset the flags on the teleport perms to allow said rank to use it, as well as readd the new flag to all other ranks. (Not hard but annoying.) And it would have the ability to be heavily abused, if you wish to use staff power, then become staff and make your one concern training. If staff are not teleporting players, then they are not doing their job and need to pick it up, aka report the staff not doing anything.

This would be a mess,
Denied.