SO Flame Troopers

Name: SO ARC 2ndLT Angel

Suggestion: Allow the SO Flame Troopers to use the EVO suit. Flame Troopers will be a Jobless group within SO and managed within. No server space will be taken up by this.

Implementation: Allow SO Flame Troopers to use the EVO/Snowsuit. (This only allows us to use a bodygrouper)

Lore: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ioXlHTgfqFa9s80jh7KW-jF7SHgmmuYNaS9XRF3K53k/edit?usp=sharing

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by CruorFlumine
further explaination

From a Gamemaster perspective flamethrowers ruin events so as much I want to see this, it won't really work.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Just now, CruorFlumine said:

It...Wouldnt affect events?

How would allowing people who purchased a flamethrower to wear a snowsuit like in lore ruin more events?

The flames are all over your screen and you cant see shit as a event job.

1 minute ago, CruorFlumine said:

It...Wouldnt affect events?

How would allowing people who purchased a flamethrower to wear a snowsuit like in lore ruin more events?

Explain your idea properly in the actual starting post. Also you dont need to go through the forums for a sub unit that is jobless. You can just ask the directors.

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Ok i think i see what u mean, it’s so if they have a flame thrower they are allowed to use their snow suit and not get beaned for it. 

Also guys flamethrowers have been in events and if u have enough money to buy it then u have it why would we restrict access... 

+1 easy to do and i mean they aren’t getting free flamethrowers so its not gonna be a lot of people 

• Agree 2
Banned

I dont see why not, its just letting them use a cosmetic to make the flames more immersive.
I can understand why people dislike the flamethrower, hence why they're so expensive. Yes they may ruin events because of the fire spam but for those who have it i dont see why they wouldnt be allowed to wear the suit as they wore it in lore when using said flamethrowers.

+1

Tl;dr its literally just a cosmetic for the SO for a more immersive experience, and it would show event jobs what people to stay away from during events if they dont like flamethrowers. 

Edited by Scribbles

I see what this suggestion is now, from my understanding there is no-one in SO who even has a flamethrower?

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

A few things at the start, they aren't giving anyone flamethrowers, snowsuits are not the equivalent for blaze armor but look similar, this doesn't obstruct anything. This is literally a bodygroup that people who use flamethrowers to use that they already have. I do not see the harm in this whatsoever. In fact I don't see the harm in other battalions using this who have the bodygroup to be able to swap to the snowsuit. Angel is already doing this and it hasn't bothered anyone to my knowledge.

Even though I hate the flamethrower on the server and in S.A.M.

+1 Why the fuck not?

I'm just wondering, out of all things why did SO pick Flame Troopers as a sub-group/makeshift job? And this also seems a bit like a loophole to the one-whitelist system. Regularly you'd be your normal job, say Medic, but then swap to EVO suit and now you're a Flame Trooper yet still have the Medic loadout.

To be honest... I don't think this even needs to be suggested. You could of just done it, really. If anyone questions it you could say you're wearing an EVO suit cause you're a Flame Trooper - the suggestion just seems a bit extra unless you're looking for a certified reason as to why you're wearing the snow/EVO suit when on-ship, etc. if people claim FailRP.

1 minute ago, Zyner said:

I'm just wondering, out of all things why did SO pick Flame Troopers as a sub-group/makeshift job? And this also seems a bit like a loophole to the one-whitelist system. Regularly you'd be your normal job, say Medic, but then swap to EVO suit and now you're a Flame Trooper yet still have the Medic loadout.

To be honest... I don't think this even needs to be suggested. You could of just done it, really. If anyone questions it you could say you're wearing an EVO suit cause you're a Flame Trooper - the suggestion just seems a bit extra unless you're looking for a certified reason as to why you're wearing the snow/EVO suit when on-ship, etc. if people claim FailRP.

Was planning on that to begin with, but I was told that I would need to make a suggestion for it.

3 minutes ago, Zyner said:

-1, i'm pretty sure SO is supposed to be a stealth battalion anyways and having flame troopers literally makes it seem like an attack.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

Flame throwers are still cancer and can ruin a event if you are holding down a area.

Well don’t -1 the whole thing just because it has a flame thrower in it. It’s server wide and open to anyone who can afford it. This whole topic is off wether or not they can use the snowsuit as a cosmetic. 

if everyone who has a snow suit would be allowed to use it if they own a flame thrower that would be dope

4 hours ago, Korm said:

All battalions are getting new Bodygroupers with the model updates, and no one will have the hazmat suit.

47 minutes ago, Ms Fox said:

+1 Its nothing more than letting SO use a snowsuit if they are using a flamethrower.  We still need to save up 15 Million/20 Million. 

• Agree 1

J3QjlDG.png

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

• Founder
Founder

Non job sub units do not need to go through server suggestions. You can come talk to either myself or Freck about it in TS when you have the chance. This suggestion is being moved to denied.