Give Snow Model to Clone Troopers

Black

If you would like to suggest something to be added to the server please try to follow this template to make it easier on our end to get the suggestions sorted through with what is possible to the server and players!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: 501st ARC HWSL LTC Black | TR TG Knight II Black | Senate Commando PVT Black

Suggestion: Add Snow Model to CT Job.

Implementation: Add Snow Model to CT Job

Lore: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_cold_assault_trooper/Legends (they were called clone cold assault troopers, all battalions had them. lore is from 501st edition.)

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change

Job: Clone Trooper

Model: models/reizer_cgi_p2/clone_snow/clone_snow.mdl

Weapons: Same as current

Other: It will allow create RP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: During Infection events, or event server events i saw many CTs getting mad everyone have Snow Armor and they don't. Model is on server already btw.

#GiveCtSnowModel

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

6 minutes ago, AlextheConqustidor said:

-1 snow trooper armor isn't for infections and it's more useless models we won't need in the next map and cleaning house. 

on next map we will still have event server events so it will be usefull. 

Btw 

Snow model is being used as Hazmat Suit or what ever it is for infections

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

@AlextheConqustidor You feel as if the content we are removing is what we were using.

We are removing content within packs that we use that are useless to the server freeing up a fuck load of space. 

An example being 36 models for Galactic Marines whilst we use up to 7 or a bit more.

Adding in a snowtrooper or even extra bodygroupers to a job isn't going to hurt us or the server. Relax with the -1's for this specific reason.

I +1 this idea.

Edited by Bbstine
  • Agree 3

+1, to say “giving them snow trooper armor would make them not want to join a battalion” makes no sense. 

1) If I’m a CT when I join the server I don’t have a TS channel, and I don’t know how many people sit in an empty TS channel durring down time, but it’s pretty fucking boring.

2) How in any way would having a snow suit that you can only use durring infection events and on cold maps make you want to stay in CT, it wouldn’t.

Aside from the main argument against it being stupid the arguments for CT’s having a snowsuit model is good.

1) It allows for RP to make more sense as CT’s wouldn’t be running around on a freezing cold world in normal equitment and durring an infection they won’t just be standing around without a sealed suit, which troopers not having a sealed suit durring an infection is really dumb because the main weakness of clones is bio weapons, and a biologically engineered infection would rip a clone army apart thus all troops would have a way to seal there suit.

2) Aside from RP it makes it better for CT’s that just join, not better to the point of staying in CT forever but better in “oh hey the server owners care about us some that they gave us snow suits” where as before it would be “oh the server owners don’t even care about CT’s enough to give them their own snowsuit”. 

Overall I think it just makes sense to give CT’s a snowsuit as there aren’t any real cons to it and it has good pros - Acorn/Rex

• Agree 2
8 hours ago, AlextheConqustidor said:

-1 snow trooper armor isn't for infections and it's more useless models we won't need in the next map and cleaning house. 

It's used as hazmat gear during infectious related events that happen on the ship, or for passive RP for working on engines.

Before you say CT's cant be engineers, last time i checked they can keep their engineer training therefor they have the capability of working on the engines. 

8 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

It's used as hazmat gear during infectious related events that happen on the ship, or for passive RP for working on engines.

Before you say CT's cant be engineers, last time i checked they can keep their engineer training therefor they have the capability of working on the engines. 

I think what my brother is trying to say is that you shouldn't use those models for infections because its snow models not hazmat models.

49 minutes ago, BigBurner said:

I think what my brother is trying to say is that you shouldn't use those models for infections because its snow models not hazmat models.

I know, but the snow models are used for hazmat too. Lorewise of course they were just snow, but for the server. Alot of battalions that have access to a snowmodel use them as hazmat. 

On 4/18/2018 at 6:31 AM, Bbstine said:

@AlextheConqustidor You feel as if the content we are removing is what we were using.

We are removing content within packs that we use that are useless to the server freeing up a fuck load of space. 

An example being 36 models for Galactic Marines whilst we use up to 7 or a bit more.

Adding in a snowtrooper or even extra bodygroupers to a job isn't going to hurt us or the server. Relax with the -1's for this specific reason.

I +1 this idea.

We are working on cutting this back, On are test build i counted 7-8 give or take a few. 

-1, Ct's are supposed to join a battalion. giving them things that make CT= to trooper will give little push. Some dont care for rank they just want to pew pew and enjoy being a ct. If their one downside is they really want snow armor they can join a battalion 

+1

Give my CT's some snow suits, also it won't matter if they want to stay CT.

They won't get anywhere really besides PFC, and then they'll leave, plus I encourage my CT's to join a battalion and for those willing I give them a talk to breakdown which battalion they'll find to make at home for themselves aka their dream batallion, so it won't keep people in CT's, and it just makes sense I guess... also how can a CT minge with a snow suit? Say their fat? Thats all I can think of, and it can be used for a hazmat suit for engineer CT's such as myself.

Edited by Bolt

bolt