Assassin Blades

Fours

Name: Fours

Suggestion: Add Assassin/Vibro blades.

Implementation: These would be weapons that would only be used for events. They would be powerful blades/fists (if there is no model) that would deal between 250-350 or so damage in one hit. I see that in the event rooms the "Max HP for assassin blade users: 2500", I believe with the addition of these it would make for some fun-ish events where players get confused as to why random clones are dying with no blaster bolt wounds and instead just deep cuts that haven't been the markings of a lightsaber, or whatnot. Or maybe some Hutt decided to "eat" a clone or something. The various uses of the blades/fists could just go on and on. There would be no increase knockback or push.

The only downside is that there is no blade model on the workshop, so maybe the fists could be tweaked into a second weapon and have the damage dealt increased to the 250-350 or whatever.

It also adds a bit of variety with events, so people don't always use the exact same weapons with the exact same jobs. For almost every event.

Lore: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vibroblade/Legends

Workshop content if applicable: Would require development but there are multiple different fist weapons on the workshop that could possibly be tested. I don't know. 

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=4000&searchtext=fists&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=readytouseitems&requiredtags[]=Weapon
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Fours
1 minute ago, Doc said:

I’m gonna stay neutral, but hasn’t @Joahsaid like a bunch during community meetings that there’s never gonna be any Assassin and Vibro blades?

If he did I wasn't there. If that's the case then the event rooms need to edit out the things they have about assassin blade users.

Opinion: -1 They were super unfair back in the day lmao. Easily one shot the entire server 

My Statement as a Tester:

Pros:

It would be good to have for events.

Cons:

Would have to be super strong or else it is useless

If it was super strong the complaints would be bad, would be stronger than sith.

Suggestion for the suggestion: Maybe have it added in for rp, but as far as it goes using it practically and having it do anything than half or full health would make it suck as it hard to hit people on a 128 player server when they are all shooting at you. I just don't see the practicality as far as attacking someone with it, maybe holding someone hostage with it, but for that it would have to have a small file size.

Final Vote: -1, it would only be good for rp, and if the file size is too big it would be a waste of space.

Edited by Nyon
36 minutes ago, Zyner said:

+1 but edit them to be less OP, maybe like 25-100 HP. Somewhere in line where a person can survive a few punches but should quickly realize he is better of running than fighting fist fighting it.

Agreed

3 hours ago, Medic said:

-1 back in the day when i was DVL on Icefuse, the amount of complaints i got over these was astonishing. By far the mingiest thing i have ever witnessed.

The game master programme is fairly different now. If people slip up with mingy stuff they are most likely looked into by the GMO's

1 hour ago, Zim said:

ᴄᴀɴ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʟɪɴᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ? 
ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏsᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ.

There is no current weapon that resembles an assassin blade on the work shop. I just put up a link to the fists, and ticked the weapons box for relevancy. If they were to be created they could just be an upgraded fists weapon to like what @Zyner said - do about 25-100 damage.

I will also state to people saying it would be a minge fest; The game master programme is in such a way where if there are mingy events that are in no-way lore friendly, get a strike or a removal (from what I have heard). Also to state the fact that the max health for assassin blade users is 2500. If that were to be abused by just spamming events like that, the health might even be reduced to 1500 or less, depending on the state of the situation. Nothing is to be abused in such events.

19 minutes ago, Fours said:

There is no current weapon that resembles an assassin blade on the work shop. I just put up a link to the fists, and ticked the weapons box for relevancy. If they were to be created they could just be an upgraded fists weapon to like what @Zyner said - do about 25-100 damage.

I will also state to people saying it would be a minge fest; The game master programme is in such a way where if there are mingy events that are in no-way lore friendly, get a strike or a removal (from what I have heard). Also to state the fact that the max health for assassin blade users is 2500. If that were to be abused by just spamming events like that, the health might even be reduced to 1500 or less, depending on the state of the situation. Nothing is to be abused in such events.

I looked on the workshop as far as an assassin blade goes this is the closest, up to you if you would want to place that to oppose what you have there as a weapon, I thought I remember seeing a vibroblade on the workshop, I couldn't find anything else on my phone though.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357205143&searchtext=Hidden+blade

Edited by Nyon
57 minutes ago, Nyon said:

I looked on the workshop as far as an assassin blade goes this is the closest, up to you if you would want to place that to oppose what you have there as a weapon, I thought I remember seeing a vibroblade on the workshop, I couldn't find anything else on my phone though.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357205143&searchtext=Hidden+blade

That doesn't even look like a vibro blade

Just now, TayTay said:

That doesn't even look like a vibro blade

It's not, I don't know if you interpreted wrong or it's my error, but I couldn't find a vibro blade, but I could of sworn I have found one before on the workshop. While I am at school that is the closest I could find to a viable weapon for this suggestion. My apologies if worded it weirdly!

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder

ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜɪs ғɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏʀᴇ ᴏʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ.
ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴇɴɪғɪᴛ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ɪs ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ ᴊᴏʙs ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʜᴇʟᴅ ʜᴏsᴛᴀɢᴇ.

ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇɴʏ ᴛʜɪs.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.