Republic Pilot Corps [Void] People don't like it

Dragon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Dragon

Suggestion: Add the Republic Pilot Battalion

Implementation: Add in a battalion that consists of only pilots. Like medics, pilots would be attached to battalions and would be the designated clones to fly ships.

*Pilots such as Warthog would stay in their battalions and would be under full control of their BCMD, they would, however, need to go through the training the BCMD of the Pilot Corps institutes.* 

Lore: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper_pilot/Legends

Workshop content if applicable: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928770431&searchtext=
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Add

Job: Republic Pilot Corps Commander 

Model: models/player/pilotv2/commander/pilotv2commander.mdl

Weapons: tfa_dc15s_ashura, tfa_swch_dc17, repair_tool

Other: N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job: Republic Pilot Corps Officer

Model: models/player/pilotv2/exo/pilotv2exo.mdl

Job: Republic Pilot Corps Sargeant

Model: models/player/pilotv2/senior/pilotv2seniortrooper.mdl

Job: Republic Pilot Corps Airman

Model: models/player/pilotv2/trooper/pilotv2trooper.mdl

Edited by Dragon

I like the idea, I feel as if Pilots need a kick in the right direction, actually need more RP and stuff for them to do, if this new map is coming also and it plans to be a mixture of outside and such it would be great... 

I want pilots to be popular and useful again..

+1 would be interesting and potentially give it the right push it needs to get pilots feeling needed again.

I put in a suggestion for this a while back and it got denied. Not sure if people understood the way it was going to be run but, yeah. For the Battalions that don't have pilot leads and are wanting to pilot but can't get trained for it, I'm creating a document for something so hopefully soon, Naval Flight Operations could start hosting Pilot Training. 

• Retired Founder

ɪ'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏ ᴘᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ɪᴛ ʀᴇᴄᴇɪᴠᴇs ғᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ.

ᴘᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ.

-1 Another role specific battalion, let alone another battalion, is just ganna be as thirsty for members and dry the battalions on ship already shrink more. Why add this while medics is having so much issues picking up members and such. I’m sorry, if we want pilots again, we need to convince Zim, Joah or who even in allowing to have pilots roles back. I’m sorry, but this is a no in my opinion.

-Puck

Edited by Puck
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

-1 This was a thing on icefuse and it was completely dead there, theres no need for another battalion when some batts are struggling to get numbers already

-1 I think unless we have something like a spawner for ships, because if we were to add in pilots they would be totally dependent on admins to spawn the ship for them. I also should bring up that we have quite a few battalions and are bringing Senate commandos, we are getting spread thin as it is, I say leave the pilot system how it is please, as it is yes it's up for the battalion to raise it's number, but we are hurting them by just adding in other things for people to join. Personally I love seeing a few battalions with quite a few people then a bunch of battalions with almost no players, and anyone who would see the latter, think of the people who spend time in that battalion and work hard to just not get anywhere because there are so many battalions.

Edited by Nyon
Decided to add more.
  • Retired Founder
2 hours ago, Dragon said:

@Zimpeople don't like the suggestion pls deny this.

ɪ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴇ +1, ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ.
ᴀs ʀᴇǫᴜᴇsᴛᴇᴅ,

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.