LJN Warden

RP Name: 
Navy CAO CMD Matchstick

RP Rank: 
Commander

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:1:62962586 | 76561198086190901

Why should you become Admiral?: 
Forgive me for the amount of text you'll have to read from this point forward.

To be clear on my intentions, I believe I should be gunning for admiral not out of desire but out of responsibility. I decided to request a waive and go for Yularen because I believed that after all the work and time I put in, I owe it to the naval who watched me rise. I've seen the struggles first hand that naval faces and I've surpassed and gotten around those mountain-like obstacles. I've proposed solutions, worked with naval command, and enacted said changes to repair large scale issues. I've handled disagreements, doc repair, and awkward situations. My point in telling you all of this? I've got experience. I spent a lot of time on Naval and I understand the decisions that need made. I understand the way the naval officer core currently operates and I deeply understand the problems which have gone unresolved. 

If that isn't enough for you, I understand. It wouldn't be enough for me either. So let's address a little more while I'm here. I've spent hours in-game fixing every hole I could in Aviation. I've woken up out of bed to help with trolls / minges or events even though I had to be up early for work. I've gone out of my way to get out of bed and go to sleep tired to resolve arguments an de-escalate situations. So why does all of this matter? Simple due to the display of dedication I intend to exhibit in command. I was doing all of this stated above as a Senior NCO in naval. I have continued to do so as an officer in naval. I will continue to do so as command in naval. Regardless of how this application ends or folds, my determination and dedication will not shake or come to a stop.

Side Note: I know there are individuals who hold distaste for some of those decisions that I've made. I ask those people reading this application seek me out and talk with me about them. Even if I'm denied I want to improve, so please find me so I can rectify any of those situations.

Do you understand  the purpose of Naval on the server?:
Naval is one of the core factions in my personal opinion.

In terms of utility:
Naval is expected to enforce regulations posted by naval command, manage and operate the ATC, handle base access and base passes, operate the med bay, and operate the engine room.

In terms of RP:
Naval is expected to host entertainments and generate RP for the server during passive RP. This can be done in numerous ways based on the branch of the naval in question.

Availability:
I'm available almost everyday at noon and I'm on often late at night during the weekends. I'm also available on discord nearly all day.

Give a brief overview of your achievements and experience on the server:
In terms of positions, I've been a CG SUPO, 501st SUPL, 501st Hawk, and am currently the Chief Aviation Officer Matchstick.
I've been the Chief Aviation Officer for over a month and in Naval Aviation for over 2 months. 
I'm a former CG Senior NCO and have extreme amounts of experience handling rule violations and what is regarded as a rule violation.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I have a HyperX Quadcast.

Where do you want the Naval to be at the end of your term?:
This is a tricky one for me. I don't know what the future will hold, but my personal goal for naval is simplified by saying "better than yesterday". I genuinely want naval to have a chance at success well beyond my term based on the changes and decisions I make, but I guess that's pretty bold to wish for. Truth is I want to get naval stable again. I know we'll probably never be the biggest faction on the server, but that doesn't mean I don't want to try. I want naval to be fully staffed, fully updated, fully trained, and more importantly inspired. I want to have the best looking discord on the server, the best looking & most efficient documents, and the best officer corps on synergy.

I seek out these changes not for my own sake but for the promise I made to myself as Naval Janitor Crewman Apprentice Voleska.

How do you plan to change the Naval under your command?:
Honestly? Training, Training, and a bit more Training. A lot of our mistakes and communication failures comes from a lack of training and a ton of outdated information. These are extremely easy fixes as well so those could be done in the first few days. The harder part comes after with, retraining, rebuilding the naval intel team, rebuilding the branch command, and guiding the new officer corps. I need to get naval a lot more strict so we can genuinely play with the immersion of being on an actual military installation. This being said, I still want us to prioritize fun over pencil pushing. After all the doc work is finished, this is my plan. I intend to increase officer training, bring in and train more NCOs, up our recruiting goals, balance the merit system, provoke branch individuality and activity, alter the systems to be a lot more forgiving over naval lives, repair the naval reputation, and inspire growth in our Enlisted.
A Full Breakdown:
Increase Officer Training
Currently the officer corps have little to go off of outside of documents and trial by fire. I don't like that system at all. I want to use Ensign as a shadowing rank for new coming officers to watch and follow Lieutenants so they can witness first hand how to deal with situations. This gives them the experience without the stress. It also allows junior officers to walk around in groups which reminds me a lot of command levels on Venators during the clone wars show.
Balance the Merit System
Most of this has already been done by Tarkin and I'm beyond grateful for his dedication on the matter. We got the merits removed for officers so they feel less pressured to hit numbers and more rewarded for spending time on their branches and entertainments. It allows us to be less stressed and more relaxed within our own areas. It also crushes the grind of merits allowing officers to feel more comfortable in their ranks. Though that's not where I want to stop with the merit system. As of now it's way too fast for the promotions up in naval with them. Though I believe I can tweak the numbers to make it more rewarding to host certain types of events during certain weeks. I plan on making a schedule where certain things are prioritized during a week, say trainings for example. Then on another week, we would focus recruitments. Say the next week we prioritize entertainments, and the cycle continues. This will give us a revolving window where our naval will focus certain aspects inside of their branches every week so the naval faction is more active while giving the player base revolving windows of expectations. While this may seem like a minor change, and I'm not entirely confident in it, I feel it's worth a shot to see if it creates a major difference.
Recruit and Train more NCOs
NCOs are the backbone of Naval, they display their qualities in order to be recognized and without their dedication and time the faction wouldn't survive very long. So in order to recruit and train more NCOs, we first have to made naval worth it's time.  We need to give NCOs a reason to stay involved and excited to be in naval. My belief is we can do this by increasing the attention to branches within naval. Recently we've been more relaxed about the branch status and ranks not requiring any method of branch status. I genuinely want Officers to be active participants in branches rather than merit crunchers. For this I wanted to train NCOs to focus their branch instead of their merits. This would create more passive RP for the server while still getting them their merits for entertainments. It gauges their love for roleplay in a rewarding way. Another side aspect to this, is increasing the reward branch entertainments give so they're more incentivized.
Up Recruiting Goals
Increasing our broadcasting for recruits and open positions will incentivize more people to be interested in a naval life. Especially with all the changes above being enacted before hand. The recruiting weeks will be a hard charge for naval cadets and I'm not entirely sure how that'll turn out. I want to set a goal every month on how many recruits we can get into naval. Tracking the statistics for the first few weeks I believe I'll be able to settle on a number and scale it accordingly.
Provoke Branch Individuality and Activity
This one... this one is near and dear to my heart. Branches have been walked on before Darkfire took Yularen and he wanted to give them their individuality back. I completely agree with his sentiment and I want to continue on with that ideal in mind. Now the question remains, how can I do that? The theories and strategies I've concocted are just that, theories and strategies. I can't promise anything other than my best effort. As for the plan right now, after their docs were rebuilt and guides included, I feel we could focus on their command structure and filling vacancies which will ultimately result in more active branches. Ive noticed the more active managers a branch has the larger it grows. For this I wanted to track these numbers and see if I can find a correlation between changes and branch membership gain. What originally made me think of this is when I had received CAO I was understaffed and underprepared. Though I noticed the more changes I made and the more guides we had, the easier it became to manage and the more people which joined the branch. I feel if I can inspire the same level of effort in others branches can absolutely thrive long after my term has concluded.
Alterations to forgive Naval Inactivity
I'm sure this goes without saying but naval has a reputation of purging people almost constantly. This is due to the fact current naval is sometimes boring and looked down upon. So I wanted to think up a system to allow for naval lives without complete removal from naval. I think the reserve system could be slightly reworked into this. I wanted to allow naval to have naval lives within their reserve which instead of being in a branch they would be "Reserve" as their prefix. Ultimately this would add a whole new branch to naval that would be command-less. This remains only a theory and potential strategy which I would like to discuss with the current naval command and compromise to the best of my ability with.
Repair Naval Reputation
As stated above, The Republic Navy's reputation remains tattered. I want to proceed with all the above changes and then do our best to assist the main battalions and other factions. I feel we can do this best with our branches repaired and our personnel stable. In all honesty, I feel this will happen overtime if we stay on the course I laid out above. However just to be on the safe side, I'd like to come up with an alternative strategy and potential changes with the rest of naval command later down the line.
Inspire Enlisted Growth
Enlisted is one of the easiest grinds on the server in my personal opinion, and make no mistake I intend to keep it that way. I want to inspire Enlisted to join a branch fresh out of tryouts because it'll be their step in the door and give them a group to call themselves apart of. Comradery inspires activity, which in turn results in friendship. While it may sound naïve, I find friendship as one of the most valuable things to activity and enjoyment whilst on synergy. The company of people you have around you... that makes it feel like home.

The last step of my plan? After everything I stated above, is to make naval feel like home. That has to be some of the corniest writing I've ever done. I'm just embarrassed I meant every word.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:
Absolutely and I expect to be if it ever occurs.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your Admiral rank?:
Yes, I understand.

As a final send off to this application, I want real criticism. I acknowledge my lack of experience and expectations with this application. I intend to find growth even if in some small measure. Please be open and honest with every bit of criticism you give. It will genuinely help me improve and grow whilst here on synergy. I swear on my positions and honor that I will never retaliate or hold grudges based off of your honest feelings. Much love to you all and thank you for your time reading over my application.
May the force be with all of you.

Edited by The_Warden
Invalid link to my steam profile.
  • Agree 1

Όντας δε θνητούς θνητά και φρονείν χρεών.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Current Position(s): CAO Matchstick | Naval Intel Director 501st SUPL & Hawk | Administrator

Former Position(s): CG SUPO | Aviation Manager |

I've only been in naval for 10 days and I've seen Warden re-write basically all of the aviation documents, fix the roster and overall just make the naval documents better to look at. He is active and has some amazing plans for naval that I believe will help naval be a great place to be. 

+1

• Friendly 1

Navy CAO Matchstick | 21st Jedi Keller's Unit Vinor

+1 has done a really great job with Pilots and naval as a whole

• Friendly 1

Current: Null 10 Jaing 
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd Officer , ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member, ARCM Colt, Dash 44, Wolfpack Mortar

GM Leadership

+1 active and dedicated to naval

• Friendly 1

Current: Diplomatic Services | TGM III | Senior Admin | Game Master Officer

Former: 501st CMD 332nd Vaughn | 332nd Officer Sterling | TC Boomer | TC Hardcase 

Veteran Admin

+1 great guy has done wonders for the Navy, good luck dude

• Friendly 1
Veteran Admin

+1 this guys is a goat and actually cares!

• Friendly 1

Current: || VA || GMM ||  QuestMaster ||  212th BCMD Cody || 

Veteran Admin

yes +1 

• Friendly 1

Currently: 501st BCMD Rex  / Veteran Admin of le server
spacer.png

OG ranks - SO CMD Moose and First ever CPT Taggart  - The best Walon Vau - 212th Longshot -212th Boil - CG CMD Hound/CMD Moose - 332nd Vaughn 

+1 

I haven’t logged on the forums in almost a month, but this app is way too good and isn’t getting enough love. Plus Warden is extremely dedicated and would be an amazing Yularen. Good luck in the interview!

• Friendly 1

My time as Echo was shorter than Clutch's Yoda Term

+1 was the fastest promoted and most dedicated crewmen of my time in navy. Doing good stuff now and putting insane effort on the application really sells it. Make naval great!

Edited by SUpER754
  • Friendly 1

Current: 332nd Officer CPT ARCL Jesse

Former: Hardcase, Kix, 501st MEDL, Chief Medical Officer, Aviation Manager, Vice Admiral Tarkin

spacer.png

Going to put this in the comments,

Another MAJOR hurdle I wanted to overcome the moment I possibly begin my term, I want to completely rework the naval discord as it's currently falling apart. The current Tarkin, Abberation, has been a saving grace in keeping the discord together. I beg that you all thank him for that at some point because without perms would've never been fixed.

Current Position(s): CAO Matchstick | Naval Intel Director 501st SUPL & Hawk | Administrator

+1 You would do well, but in my opinion I would rather have abberation, but I have no doubt you will do well if given. Both applicants should be given a interview to see which one will do better.

• Pay Respect 1

41st Jedi Commander Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
claire <3

19 minutes ago, Claire said:

+1 You would do well, but in my opinion I would rather have abberation, but I have no doubt you will do well if given. Both applicants should be given a interview to see which one will do better.

I told abberation I wanted him to be Yularen as well. I take no offense lmao. 

Either way I know naval will be safe under both our care.

+1 I believe both applicants deserve an interview and equally have the experience and dedication for this position 

• Pay Respect 1

Current: DSXO CPT Jek 
Former: 332nd Captain Vaughn | 332ndO Jesse | 332nd Vyse | TC Kano | 501st ARCO | Omega 22 Atin

spacer.png

• Coordinator
Coordinator
Posted (edited)

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a ME to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Edited by Woeny
Head Admin

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

Current: Head Admin | Marshal Commander