To all of you VIP folk, there is a bunch of talk that I've heard of around my time on the server about how navy is boring. Now, I can get some points. I just would love to hear some opinions off of all of you. You are all amazing people and I hope I can get some credible and honest answers from you all. 

Please no arguing, I just want this to be a friendly discussion. 

Some things I've already heard:

- You just press buttons all day

- Nothing to do but stand around

- Navy RP is not fun

- Non-Combat oriented

Feel free to put your own experiences or opinions on the matter. Have a good rest of your day :)

Current: 332nd ARCL Sterling, Vice Admiral Tarkin of Navy.

Former: Hardcase, Kix, 501st MEDL, Chief Medical Officer, Aviation Manager,

spacer.png

The issues you outlined are issues that Naval has always suffered from. The problem now, I feel, is how naval is perceived.
When I first joined the server, there was a sense of respect for Naval. People listened to Naval. Naval had some real pull and say in how things went. They hosted all the training, promoted and regularly did roleplay related to those trainings, and were always made important in events. 
Now, I feel like they are kind of menial. All the things that they do can be done by somebody else. Nobody wants to be it because there is no reason to be it. Anybody can open the doors, I don't even know what trainings they do anymore, and NavalRP has degraded to become door opening and light comms RP basically. 

I think to fix Naval there just has to be a shift in how they are viewed on the server. They need to be made important and into more than just button pushers. 

• Agree 3

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

I think the issue with naval and tbh this even extends to BHs and the whole clone side of the server when synergy decided to “not be either semi serious or serious RP” and kinda just became a “RP how u want” kinda server and in that regard people have just lost what it means to do fun interesting RP like in the good ole days.

i also think the issue with naval could extend to the fact that our maps haven’t been helping to stimulate RP for anyone in some cases. If there was more content on maps that gave naval more control of the base. I’m not sure exactly how it would work to re-energize naval but it seems the issue isn’t with how naval is set up but more of a systemic synergy issue with how we do role play and how in game is set up.

There’s little i think we can do as community players to make naval more appealing and fun but maybe a good chunk of the community trying to turn around how we RP in a meaningful way would be a good start because naval thrives off of real role play and not just the boring ATC and inspection stuff they do mostly

Edited by Arizona
  • Agree 2

^ Arizona hit it on the head, the server moved from RP to b hop until a scheduled deployment. Main server events are just shoot ‘em ups 

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Forum Admin

Navy has always been like one of my favorite things throughout my time in Synergy. Arizona has absolutely summed up what the current state of the server is HOWEVER literally anyone who plays Navy has the ability to change the feel of the server for a short while whilst they do RP. You can think of literally anything you want to do, no matter how small or large scale it is, it will always attract a larger group to participate in which will increase the RP output on the server. They manage the entire base, it's operations, system mechanics, deliveries, armory, ATC, vehicle storage etc. Do anything you want

For instance, yesterday I randomly grabbed CG and started doing mandatory ID Checks across the base, small rp scenarios across the entire base involving literally everyone who I saw and approached. 

I know a lot of people just won't put in any effort into creating their own RP because they only wanna do stuff in events or lack initiative or creativity to do stuff during passive RP, but passive RP has the ability to lead you onto your best storylines which you can continue throughout the entire time you play

• Agree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

People are also missing the fact you gotta pay 25 bucks to be a glorified clone who doesn't see frontline combat or get nearly as many RP scenarios. 

Why main Naval when Clone, Jedi and even BH are arguably more fun? Most people don't commit to more than 2 lives. and thats not including Staff or other OOC obligations. 

Everyone else hit it on the head otherwise. No draw to it. No reason for them to exist as they have very little in terms of uniqueness. 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Mace Windu
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti l Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate

53dc4d38968cd2efbfb3e4f0a0b3aa7a.gif?ex=

It's not that Naval isn't fun (well I have no clue, never made a naval character)

But, It's that some people don't wish to put more then two lifes on the server.

Why be a Naval when they practically don't get to do much, or people don't wanna RP. 

Most people would rather be a Jedi, a clone or even a BH

but yeha most was said already

Rancor WO Claire
Senate Guard PVT Ruby
claire <3

Head Admin

@-Xander@Maverick

Thoughts?

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

16 hours ago, Eclipse said:

The issues you outlined are issues that Naval has always suffered from. The problem now, I feel, is how naval is perceived.
When I first joined the server, there was a sense of respect for Naval. People listened to Naval. Naval had some real pull and say in how things went. They hosted all the training, promoted and regularly did roleplay related to those trainings, and were always made important in events. 
Now, I feel like they are kind of menial. All the things that they do can be done by somebody else. Nobody wants to be it because there is no reason to be it. Anybody can open the doors, I don't even know what trainings they do anymore, and NavalRP has degraded to become door opening and light comms RP basically. 

I think to fix Naval there just has to be a shift in how they are viewed on the server. They need to be made important and into more than just button pushers. 

16 hours ago, Arizona said:

I think the issue with naval and tbh this even extends to BHs and the whole clone side of the server when synergy decided to “not be either semi serious or serious RP” and kinda just became a “RP how u want” kinda server and in that regard people have just lost what it means to do fun interesting RP like in the good ole days.

i also think the issue with naval could extend to the fact that our maps haven’t been helping to stimulate RP for anyone in some cases. If there was more content on maps that gave naval more control of the base. I’m not sure exactly how it would work to re-energize naval but it seems the issue isn’t with how naval is set up but more of a systemic synergy issue with how we do role play and how in game is set up.

Let's start with some hard truth.

There is zero respect for naval. Some "small" amount of respect, not really, for Yularen and tarkin because they are incredibly important characters to the lore of star wars. People ask us for ATC and pilot/med/ENG trainings which is nice because, hey were needed for "something". Almost anytime we make a decision of some form in comms or advert about what to do in a specific situation we get met with "Why? fuck you im not listening to you, nah bro" or some other retarded response that literally anyone does or typically will do because its funny. This is not a seriousrp server anymore, you are absolutely correct. Because its not, Naval is trivial. Naval is boring. Naval has more roleplay potential than a regular clone job because of its "supposed" access to strategic information and intelligence apparatuses but beyond hearing about it and doing 1-2 missions, they say its dull and move on.

The maps we are definitely do not help Naval RP at all due to the fact we are always on base. Anytime we go on the venator we hear constant complaints about how people hate the venator its boring and what not but naval rp can really flourish. If theres 1 faction that has to suffer from the boring aspect, its more than likely Naval.

Regardless of all that, I'd like to think we try our hardest to make naval more enjoyable. Id like it to feel more rewarding too but stable activity is sometimes hard. Im open to any suggestions from anyone how they think naval can improve. Im a very openminded person and would love to hear from yall.

spacer.png

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback. With our shift towards to a more serious RP server, maybe we can make some changes to keep navy flourishing and more respected.

Current: 332nd ARCL Sterling, Vice Admiral Tarkin of Navy.

Former: Hardcase, Kix, 501st MEDL, Chief Medical Officer, Aviation Manager,

spacer.png