Rakghouls

Add or Change: Add a Rakghoul event job with the Rakghoul SWEP
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: Rakghoul

Slots: The normal event job cap (I believe it's 10 or so)

Description: Rakghoul model and weapon. 

Model: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858488143
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617610563

(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: We often have zombie events on the server, but these are often stale/boring. They're not very immersive, and are usually the same pattern of point + shoot. I think adding the Rakghoul swep will help to add variety to the server. Rakghoul events will be far more challenging and engaging for players and GMs alike, as all of the "zombies" are players who can infect other players. The lore for the Rakghoul virus is also an added bonus. I have heard many people say they wish we had the Rakghoul swep, but I havent seen a suggestion for it. 

Former: A lot of shit dude

I remember us using this before.  While sometimes they were fun, often they seemed to get out of hand and even GM's couldn't control the playerbase when people would go crazy with the Rakghoul swep.  Do you believe the GM's can handle something like and the playerbase when hosting events based on this?

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

Banned

I'd agree with what stockings said; the swep was often times spread around or concealed by players even after an event was finished, and would result in a player randomly turning into a rakghoul even when the event was over, causing chaos immediately.

Perhaps you can add a rule against such usage, or add extensive documentation on what is/isn't allowed, but at that point it wouldn't be that fun because you'd be too worried about stepping on the toes of rules

On 5/25/2023 at 6:34 AM, Stockings said:

I remember us using this before.  While sometimes they were fun, often they seemed to get out of hand and even GM's couldn't control the playerbase when people would go crazy with the Rakghoul swep.  Do you believe the GM's can handle something like and the playerbase when hosting events based on this?

It's the same with any cool thing we have that could be abused. It's up to current high staff and GMs to make the rules around the swep, but yes I think we can handle it. We should punish people when they abuse it. Maybe modifications can be made to the addon to give it an ammunition counter to reduce the amount of times it can be spread, or a huge cooldown can be added

On 5/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, Jayarr said:

I'd agree with what stockings said; the swep was often times spread around or concealed by players even after an event was finished, and would result in a player randomly turning into a rakghoul even when the event was over, causing chaos immediately.

Perhaps you can add a rule against such usage, or add extensive documentation on what is/isn't allowed, but at that point it wouldn't be that fun because you'd be too worried about stepping on the toes of rules

I think depending on how the Rakghoul swep is coded, it can be modified or paired with an instant remodel that only goes away when you die

-1. All I remember was these things causing chaos and lag. Maybe they're poorly optimized, maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, maybe I have slight reservations due to one or two bad events, I just can't remember a time where the SWEP improved the event that was being hosted. The event that kind of ruined it for me was one on Kamino, they made it a one life and had about 10 EJ's just running around with the SWEP, it eventually got to the point nearly every person was being an Rakghol, it was unpleasant, unfun, outright boring. 

• 3 weeks later...

+1 Simply add some rules around it, and if the GM's can't handle the event jobs abusing it, then they should be only giving it to those that can be trusted. Additionally I'm sure GM's could be told to strip their weapons and respawn them after an event with this is done.

Formerly: Coruscant Guard Snow, Temple Guard Gatekeeper V

spacer.png

Systems Dev

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• 5 months later...